MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Fantastic bronzer! This is my 2nd time getting this bronzer & I love it even more!
It goes on so well. There's no product 'flying around' like other bronzers that 'powder' profusely when applied. And it looks fantastic on my already tanned skin!
It's great in the winter/spring when I don't have a deep tan as it gives the sun-kissed glow. And it's great even when I do have a deeper tan in the summer as it provides a great contoured look and gives my make-up a finished look.
I love this product and will continue to get it. Having tried other bronzers as well, I've gotta say this is my FAVOURITE! Even though it's a bit on the pricy side, it's well worth the purchase for the look you want. Fantastic product!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Made a second purchase of this bronzer then realized that it gives a red tone to the skin. I saw that a YouTuber said the same thing. Not sure if it's the new formula or I only realized it this time around. NC35 for reference. I stopped using it because of that issue.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After completely going through my MAC's Pro Longwear Bronzer "Nude on Board", I picked this one up and decided to give it a try. I typically wear an NC15/NC20, and while this is a pretty dark, pigmented bronzer, I still find it wearable on my skin tone.

I would describe the color as a deep, warm bronze with a fine gold shimmer running through it -- it is not a metallic bronzer by any means, but it does have some trace glitter, which I don't find chunky on the face, more or less just a subtle glow. It can pull a bit orangey, so most people may prefer it as a nice summer bronzer as opposed to a contour, but to each their own. I just like how buildable it is, from very light to very dark, and I feel that an array of skin tones could make this work. It blends out pretty well, and wears on me all day long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

"Refined Golden" seems to be re-promoted for every summer collection. I bought this because the MAC mua recommended this for my NC42 skin tone. I thought it would be too dark but it seems to be just fine. I don't really use this to contour but more so a blush with bronze color. It has a tiny bit of sparkles but looks matte on skin. Compared to NARS Laguna, this is a bit more of a red tone brown. NARS Laguna is a bit more muted muddy brown but with sparkles, surprisingly. This product is good and I seem to go back to it frequently when I'm on the go.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

A lot of people said this made them look "ruddy", "orangey", or "dirty", but on my C2 complexion, it just made me look healthy. Healthy, radiant, and glowing.
It wasn't a glitterbomb, it was subtle. It highlighted my cheekbones, and really gave my face dimension and color.
Plus, the packaging is very sleek and portable, so it's easy to take with you on the go, and the golden color is very, very gorgeous.
BUT it stayed on for like 10 minutes before wearing off. Not cool at ALL.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this. This has the most gorgeous color ever!!
I looks awesome with my tanned skin, enhances my tan in the most beautiful way. Its the best contour i have owned till date.
BUT this BREAKS ME OUT like nothing else.
I never wanted to accept this is the culprit.. so i changed my sunscreen, blamed my cleanser... i Googled if its breaking out other people...
but in the end i cant use this anymore...
I mean I wanna look beautifully bronzed but not at the cost of cystic acne.
I do have oily skin and have some breakouts here and there, but never did i get cystic acne before!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This looks peachy brown on my NC25ish complexion. I don't use it as a bronzer but more of a blush. Other then that, I do like it and it lasts pretty much all day on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

love this product, amazing bronzer but not a contouring product, its too shimmery, and a tiny tiny bit orangey. i wouldn't repurchase this only for the reason that it made me realized how much i like matte bronzers. i dont know if the one i have is different between refined gold and refined golden (mine is labelled differently, as its from the hey sailor collection)