MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.2

Very orangey, does not blend well, bad texture. Might work well for someone who is tan but not for pale people.

I love this product, especially since i use a matte based foundation that can make my face look a little flat. This bronzer adds dimension. I use it to contour my face or I use it all over to add a sunkissed glow. I am a C4 in MAC and I was reccomended to use this product and I instantly fell in love with it. The price is a bit much but for 26 dollars its really worth it. I use the product everyday and I still havent hit pan and I bought it in June. So, it lasts a long time. I would reccomend it to those who are medium to darker skin tones.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this with the to the beach collection mostly for the packaging if I'm being honest... but it really surprised me I love the color on my skintone it works perfectly and even though I don't really care for shimmer which is why I didn't think I would like this, it isn't even noticable once its on your skin at least I don't think so. I use this to contour and I'm glad I purchased this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I used this bronzer for many years when I did competitive dancing. The judges wanted the performers to all be really tan. I would get a fake tan and then put this stuff on (ridiculous, I know :D). Even with all the sweat from performing, the bronzer stayed on and didn't shrink. If I were to get this bronzer again, I would get in a much lighter shade.

I bought this from the Style Warriors collection, obviously because of the packaging. Therefore a high-5 for the packaging design! Super cute and it's probably my most cherished MAC collection packaging *so far*.

As for the product itself, I love how the shimmer in it is just shimmer and not chunky glitter. It's definitely a sheer-er bronzer compared to the other ones I own from Physicians Formula. However, it's the perfect shade for my Asian skin tones... and because it is build-able, I can use more in the summer time when I'm very tanned and use less in the winter when I'm paler. One more thing, sometimes I use it as a contour colour rather than a bronzer, and because of it's tone it works well and looks natural on me.
It's a lovely colour and I'd definitely purchase it again if I ever hit pan, but I hope when I do it's another awesome packaging rather than MAC's ordinary standard packaging.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Firstly, i wear shade NC15 in MAC studio fix fluid foundation, mixed with a bit of NW25 when im a bit more tanned, and I find that a lot of bronzers patch when worn over foundation and won't blend evenly or make me look sunburnt or orange, not this one! it has a lovely natural bronze colour with a very slight shimmer. I was using the same bronzer in lighter shade 'golden' which i also liked the texture of, however it took quite a bit to build up a decent colour resulting in it running out mighty fast where as this shade can be worn sparingly as it builds up colour fast, therefore lasting a lot longer. So yes, i would definately recommend this product

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't usually use bronzers but this was recommended to me and I love it. It was recommended to me so I wouldn't have to keep buying different powder colors everytime I got darker. I tan very easily so I was told using a bronzer would help and it definitely does. It looks glittery in the pan but it doesn't show up on the face so that is another great thing. I love it!

This is a pretty good bronzer. It lasts forever and I think the colour works on most people. I have a very greenish-yellowish undertone to my skin (think of it as very very fair olive skin) and it just adds a really nice dimension to whichever blush I use. I am not a huge bronzer lover, so I think that influenced my rating of 3 stars.
The only caution I have is not to use it with too heavy of a hand, because of both the sparkles (not too noticeable but definitely there) and the fact that it is highly pigmented-it will look really dirty and dark, especially on lighter skin. I have used it on my sister, who has very fair skin with pink undertones, and it still looked really pretty (applied lightly).
The product is good, I just think, overall, matte bronzers look better.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This was my first bronzer and I use it everyday as a blush...I bought it a few years ago now and its still going! so it is well worth the money! I love MAC packaging nice and compact with mirror. It looks natural worn as a blush and the gold glitter is not obvious glitter at all...just nice and suttle. I am looking at purchasing the Cubic blush for a more pinky touch but will continue to use this with it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is was my first bronzer ever, and I still do like it as a little bit of a sun-kissed glow, I just prefer matte bronzers, glitters in my bronzer just make me look a little muddy, and to me this bronzer has a lot of gold glitters. I still use it here and there, but I don't think I'll be repurchasing. If you're a girl who doesn't mind glitters in her bronzer, then this is a good one.