MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

"Refined Golden" seems to be re-promoted for every summer collection. I bought this because the MAC mua recommended this for my NC42 skin tone. I thought it would be too dark but it seems to be just fine. I don't really use this to contour but more so a blush with bronze color. It has a tiny bit of sparkles but looks matte on skin. Compared to NARS Laguna, this is a bit more of a red tone brown. NARS Laguna is a bit more muted muddy brown but with sparkles, surprisingly. This product is good and I seem to go back to it frequently when I'm on the go.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this. This has the most gorgeous color ever!!
I looks awesome with my tanned skin, enhances my tan in the most beautiful way. Its the best contour i have owned till date.
BUT this BREAKS ME OUT like nothing else.
I never wanted to accept this is the culprit.. so i changed my sunscreen, blamed my cleanser... i Googled if its breaking out other people...
but in the end i cant use this anymore...
I mean I wanna look beautifully bronzed but not at the cost of cystic acne.
I do have oily skin and have some breakouts here and there, but never did i get cystic acne before!!!!

I LOVE this bronzer! This is my HG bronzer, because it darkens my skin and gives me the I-just-got-back-from-holiday look. People ask me if I went tanning with this bronzer! It's a true golden brown color with little to no orange undertones. There is shimmer in the pan, but I find it doesn't transfer to the face.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Very nice bronzer nc44 for ref.. Dosent make me look orange. It gives my face a warmness glowy look. Very nice.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It's the perfect bronze color with the just the right amount of gold shimmer. I think this would be great for a lot of different skin tones! I buff it into my skin and it gives me a great sun-kissed glow any time of the year. I love the texture. It's very silky and not chalky at all. I have the classic black packaging (I feel like I'm the only one that didn't get it out of To the Beach, Style Warriors, etc. lol!) and it's very sleek and durable. It has a large mirror in it that's great to use for touch-ups throughout the day. Beautiful!

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I purchased this with the "To The Beach" packaging. I like this for setting my MAC Studio Moisture Tint. Refined Golden gives me a nice shimmer without looking like I got caught in a glitter storm. I rotate between Refined Golden and use Refined Deeper Bronze if I need more color.

AMAZING. GIVES A SUN-KISSED AIRBRUSHED LOOK. DOES NOT LOOK ORANGE. EASILY BLENDABLE. worth every penny. enough said.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't use bronzer religously. I prefer to use blush but whenever the sun comes out and I get a bit darker I always reach for this, and I love it! It looks so so natural, I chose this after a long search because it has no pink undertones, it is purely brown. It does have shimmer but I never wear enough for it to to be obvious. This looks brilliant with a golden creme shimmer product, very healthy and glowy. Highly recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a very good bronzer for me (I agree with the last reviewer, as I am an NC30) and it isn't too powdery- which is good. I like that it looks matte and it never looks orange on my skin. Overall, it is a good bronzer, but not my favorite.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I don't use this everyday, only if I am feeling paler than usual, know I will be photographed, or if I am sick. It doesn't make me orange or dirty (hello Benefit Hoola!). It's actually very subtle. When I apply it I swirl *lightly* and tap off the excess. The color is buildable though which is nice. The packaging, however, is terrible. One little drop and they break into a million powdery pieces! I still use them if they are broken but it makes traveling with them impossible.