MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.1

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Fantastic bronzer! This is my 2nd time getting this bronzer & I love it even more!
It goes on so well. There's no product 'flying around' like other bronzers that 'powder' profusely when applied. And it looks fantastic on my already tanned skin!
It's great in the winter/spring when I don't have a deep tan as it gives the sun-kissed glow. And it's great even when I do have a deeper tan in the summer as it provides a great contoured look and gives my make-up a finished look.
I love this product and will continue to get it. Having tried other bronzers as well, I've gotta say this is my FAVOURITE! Even though it's a bit on the pricy side, it's well worth the purchase for the look you want. Fantastic product!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

I really like this bronzer. I am a NW25 and find this gives me just the right amount of glow (with a light hand). I can see how you would end up looking a little muddy / orange if you did apply too much.
Would definately re-purchase, however I think this will last a long time.

A lot of people said this made them look "ruddy", "orangey", or "dirty", but on my C2 complexion, it just made me look healthy. Healthy, radiant, and glowing.
It wasn't a glitterbomb, it was subtle. It highlighted my cheekbones, and really gave my face dimension and color.
Plus, the packaging is very sleek and portable, so it's easy to take with you on the go, and the golden color is very, very gorgeous.
BUT it stayed on for like 10 minutes before wearing off. Not cool at ALL.

I purchased this a few weeks ago, even tho I have a bronzer Im very fond of, bc although I like my other bronzer Ive noticed sometimes a get a pimple or two after using is and wasnt sure if thats just me or the brand so I figured Id go with Mac since its such a great brand. I was nervous about the color when I saw it in the compact but I thought Id try anyway. Well I havent had a chance to use until today, I have been under the weather for two weeks and my skin is starting to have that pale/ washed out look that comes with being sick. Since I had to go to work today I thought Id try this to perk myself up and it seriously worked...I actually got complemented on my skin! lol. Color looked great and wasnt sparkly like it looked in compact. Only reason I didnt give 5 is not sure yet since I only used once if I will get pimples or not so will def repost and update about that. Gorgeous and natural color tho and if it could make me look good on a day like today it must work miracles!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not too passionate about this product. My mom and I picked it up at the Duty Free shop before we boarded a flight, and we were really only there to kill time and to reap the benefits of no tax purchases. My mom wanted to restock on her MAC concealers and I wanted to buy a warm bronzer for our vacation, so I picked up Refined Golden. The bronzer does a good job at providing a sun-kissed glow, and it's the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion. It has a nice sheen and minimal traces of glitter specks. However, I don't find it anything special. Staying power is okay. It's certainly dupeable.

This is my all-time favourite bronzer (and I've tried many!). Unlike many others, this bronzer does not make me look orange at all. It's got a soft pearly shimmer, but that barely shows up on my skin (which I really like - I don't particularly like shimmery cheeks on myself). It reflects light beautifully, and adds dimension to my face, especially because I prefer matte foundations. I dust it lightly across my cheeks, across my nose, chin and forehead (where the sun would naturally hit), and sometimes add a bit extra under my cheekbones to add some extra dimension. Sounds like a lot, but this is a very sheer application that is buildable. I haven't had any problems with the packaging and I've travelled extensively with mine. Naturally, the middle is the first to go and the outsides can crumble after time - though I've had one hold up until the bitter end! Currently, I'm an NW20 shade, but I am usually darker and this bronzer seems to suit me no matter how tanned or pale I am. I've also given this as a gift to a very fair friend, and she looked stunning with it on - not orange-y, either! My makeup kit would be incomplete without this bronzer - I love it.

I got this bronzer for my birthday about 3.5 years ago and I'm still not done with it. The packaging is very durable. It hasn't cracked and none of the product has ever fallen out and crumbled when I've dropped the compact. I use this bronzer almost every day but I use very little product. I think it's a great bronzer and it has a nice color without being too shimmery, too orange or too "fake" looking. I can wear this bronzer when I'm fair in the winter and when I'm tanner in the summer. It's very versatile.It doesn't look muddy on my skin and it gives me a nice glow. If I ever finish it, I will repurchase. I have tried a lot of bronzers and I really like this one!