MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by skin type : Other

3.8

Very orangey, does not blend well, bad texture. Might work well for someone who is tan but not for pale people.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

Sigh** what a disapointment, it just doesn't give you that bronze sunkissed look a bronzer is supposed to, i returned it after a day...it just gave me this dull brown shade that made my skin look dirty :S yuck! maybe it just wasn't a good match for me and will work better for others.

I had like 30 dollars on a Dillards gift card and I figured I wanted to spend it at MAC. One of the counter ladies convinced me to buy and bronzer, and she hooked me up with this one. I've used it quite a few times (but not daily) and I've come to know the following about this bronzer:
1. It does make me look orangey if I put too much. I am very very pale, which is why I have to use this bronzer sparingly
2. This bronzer makes me break out if left on too long. This is why I basically don't use it every single day. I start forming bumpiness on my cheeks. I think the way my oily skin reacts with the talc and mica in this product causes breakouts.
3. The case for this product is really cute and easy to travel with. (Bright neon orange snap case).
Overall, it's an ok product, but I feel like some covergirl bronzers better suited my skin condition and tone.

I went to the Mac counter about a few months ago and told her I was looking for a new bronzer, and she directed me to refined golden. I however, have many other friend of different skin tones, and found that they all have the same bronzer! I thought this was kinda ridiculous, because I dont think the shade is that versitle. I have fair to tan skin, but this bronzer just look muddy on me, I dont really if maybe Im applying too much, but i dont I take a brush and tap some color on and it just look bad, and especially enchances a breakout or too. I would probably use this during summer but I prefer my Physicias Forumula bronzer over this anyday!

This is the only bronzer I've tried that shimmers with out looking sparkly. Not only do I think I look healthier when I wear it, but people always comment that it looks like I've gotten a bit of color. It's the perfect golden shade, no orange tones whatsoever. I much prefer it to NARS Laguna. That always made my skin look slightly muddy, no matter how little I put on. Refined Golden never does.

i totally love this product im an nw25 and this is my everyday bronzer and i find its just a nice colour not too dark and not orangey at all.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love it! It makes me look genuinely bronzed, no fake orange-ness or overload of ghastly metallic shimmer. This does have large specks of gold in it so you might want to reconsider if you don't like glitter. I personally don't mind the glitter because it's very subtle. Also, I got this in a really pretty cream packaging that's in a Limited Edition line from either Flashtronic or was it Sunmetal(can't remember)? MAC also has this in the normal line which they sell all year-round. I'm just really happy that I got the pretty packaged one though. =)

When VS discontinued their Sunny Cheeks line and changed it to Very Sexy, I thought that maybe I'd look for the same one in that line, then I decided I didn't want to anymore and went to see what MAC had in the way of bronzers, and to see if they may carry any mosaics. They didn't carry mosaics, but the MA told me there that I should try the refined Golden and that would be closest to the Sunny Cheeks, as I had it on the day I went to buy it. I haven't regretted it. I have NC35 - 40 skin and it compliments me wonderfully! I wear it everyday and I apply it lightly by just dabbing the product on my cheeks and then smoothing it out up and down the apple and jaw bone. Check my more recent pics for it.

This bronzer was so... yucky! It barely showed up on my NC 37-42 skin. I HATED the annoying gold sparkles, and the texture was weird....it was really thin somehow. I B2M this bronzer, having used it only once. What a waste.