MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by skin tone : Fair age: 25-29

3.5

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

I really like this bronzer. I am a NW25 and find this gives me just the right amount of glow (with a light hand). I can see how you would end up looking a little muddy / orange if you did apply too much.
Would definately re-purchase, however I think this will last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank you to the lovely SA who told me to use this instead of pink undertoned blushes. I had no idea I was cool toned and adding pink to my face makes it 10 times worse. This stuff looks super dark in the pan, but on my face gives an awesome healthy glow. I was unsure at first and almost swapped away, then I saw pictures of me using this and kept it, I am so glad I didn't swap!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is really like the name implies, the golden brown shade. It makes me look washed out. Obviously I would need those orangey tones, I always look really flat and blah whan I wear this plus that the texture is sort of really dry so it never applies smoothly. I always have it on blotchy! Nah I dont like this bronzer at all. I have one other bronzer that is much better quality and goes on more smoothly than this (dermosil). I also like Guerlain bronzer MUCH better because it applies so smoothly. Really cool case though!

Lasts forever so i'm not sure how long it will be before i have to repurchase.
I use it to shade and sculpt ..works wonderfully!
Great buy!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This would be really lovely bronzer on people who aren't as pale as me! I'm an NC20 and I've realised that my pale skin doesn't suit bronzer... it looks a bit dirty and just not 'right'. Would look great on olive skins, I think.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Let me begin by mentionng that this bronzer is SUPER long lasting. Not to mention the first day I wore it I got SOO many compliments. In pictures it looked really good (my friend seems to say so). I liked the fact that even though it had huge golden sparkles in the compact (which was going to prevent me from purchasing it), surprisingly it didn't look as such on my skin. On my skin it was more matte with a nice healthy flush of colour. Also, this bronzer is very pigmented so you have to be careful when applying. I don't like the packaging because the bronzer seemed to go everywhere even when it's closed. I like the fact that it's SUPER long lasting (I'm talking over 16 hours and more), very pigmented, and gets me compliments, which is enough reason for me to buy this product again! Wouldn't dare to wear this at work though as it's too much. Great for weekends and evenings. For evreyday wear I'll stick to my HG Duwop bronzerush in June and/or Lise Watier's bronzer in Havana! EDIT: I finally realized that this turned RED on me. Not sure if that is the best look for me (to look like a tomato). Returned it! I took off 2 lippies and gave it a 3 because it may be good for others as it a gorgeous bronzer which is extremely long lasting.

I have been using MACs bronzer during this summer and lately been noticing my skin breaking out where I've applied the bronzer! I used to think that it woul be the studio fix but I'm now thinking it is really the bronzer! so sadly I have to stop using it. All in all the colour was perfect and I probably will use it again occasionally but definitely have to leave it for now... As for the studio fix, I am not sure if it causing me break-outs just have to wait and see...Thinking of buying the here reviewed Shiseido compact and see if my skin improves. Now that I haven't been wearing any make up today, my skin is fine.