MAC Refined Golden

Filtered by skin tone : Other

4.1

Very orangey, does not blend well, bad texture. Might work well for someone who is tan but not for pale people.

I really like this bronzer. It gives me a very nice healthy glow. After I wear it I usually don't have to apply blush because it highlights and gives a nice color to my cheeks. It does have some shimmer but it is not very noticeable because I usually detest things with shimmer because they make some acne scars I have on the sides of my cheeks very obvious. This is not my HG but for the mean time it will do.

I had like 30 dollars on a Dillards gift card and I figured I wanted to spend it at MAC. One of the counter ladies convinced me to buy and bronzer, and she hooked me up with this one. I've used it quite a few times (but not daily) and I've come to know the following about this bronzer:
1. It does make me look orangey if I put too much. I am very very pale, which is why I have to use this bronzer sparingly
2. This bronzer makes me break out if left on too long. This is why I basically don't use it every single day. I start forming bumpiness on my cheeks. I think the way my oily skin reacts with the talc and mica in this product causes breakouts.
3. The case for this product is really cute and easy to travel with. (Bright neon orange snap case).
Overall, it's an ok product, but I feel like some covergirl bronzers better suited my skin condition and tone.

I went to the Mac counter about a few months ago and told her I was looking for a new bronzer, and she directed me to refined golden. I however, have many other friend of different skin tones, and found that they all have the same bronzer! I thought this was kinda ridiculous, because I dont think the shade is that versitle. I have fair to tan skin, but this bronzer just look muddy on me, I dont really if maybe Im applying too much, but i dont I take a brush and tap some color on and it just look bad, and especially enchances a breakout or too. I would probably use this during summer but I prefer my Physicias Forumula bronzer over this anyday!

LOVE IT! I use it on a daily basis, whether it is winter or summer. It is my go-to product to contour my face. It adds dimension to my face, and just completes my whole look. In the compact, it looks like it has chunks of glitter, but don't let that fool you! It hardly shows up...which is a good thing. I think this is a universally flattering color. I don't know what I will do without this product.

This is the only bronzer I've tried that shimmers with out looking sparkly. Not only do I think I look healthier when I wear it, but people always comment that it looks like I've gotten a bit of color. It's the perfect golden shade, no orange tones whatsoever. I much prefer it to NARS Laguna. That always made my skin look slightly muddy, no matter how little I put on. Refined Golden never does.

This makes my skin break out on my cheeks and forehead. nice color for those who do not have sensitive skin. oh well, I really dont have good luck with MAC anyways!!

My skin type: Acne prone, with old acne marks, sensitive, combo skin. NC35-40/C4 MAC/80 CONTOUR CHANEL, 060 Shiseido

Why oh why? I used to think only Studiofix caused me breakouts but I'm beginning to realize their face products are wrecking havoc on me! Now that I'am cutting down on mac's foundations and now their bronzers I am noticing improved skin. The exact areas I applied this on my face I BROKE OUT! No coincidences there because I would apply this before going out (clear cheeks), and then later at night washing my face I would feel bumps on my face! ARGH! Aside from that... the colour is quite nice. Gives me a nice toasty glow. Oh well.... continued >>

Gorgeous shade, very flattering! I love the hint of shimmer and I love the color. Not too dark and not too light on my neutral MMM skin. I use this more as a blush and get lots of compliments when I do :)

Gosh! I just love this! :) It's the perfect shade of bronzer - so flattering and pretty and barely noticable so it looks very natural but made up. I just adore the gold compact - can't wait to whip this out in a restroom and have the other ladies ooh-ing and ahh-ing over this sparkly gem :P The bronzer looks sparkly in the compact but I find it more sublety glowly. So pretty! You definitely won't be disappointed with this one! Enjoy =)