MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.2

I am an NC20 cool-toned person and this looked like I smeared brownish tan eyeshadow on my cheeks. THat's the biggest thing I can say about this bronzer--the consistency of the pressed powder seems extremely similar to eye shadow and also, it makes me break out, due to the comedogenic (pore-clogging) nature of it. Will not repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is really like the name implies, the golden brown shade. It makes me look washed out. Obviously I would need those orangey tones, I always look really flat and blah whan I wear this plus that the texture is sort of really dry so it never applies smoothly. I always have it on blotchy! Nah I dont like this bronzer at all. I have one other bronzer that is much better quality and goes on more smoothly than this (dermosil). I also like Guerlain bronzer MUCH better because it applies so smoothly. Really cool case though!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

WAYYYYY to orangey for my olive/light skin. Also, too much shimmer! It also gets smudgy/cakey after about 3 hours. I have oily skin. I have tried this and Harmony and several other bronzers and I always go back to my cheap Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight. Matte, great finish, great taupey brown with NO orange and you can't beat the price!

DO NOT LIKE THIS BRONZER AT ALL!! Very disappointed, so far NOTHING beats Tarte, Hotel Heiress!

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I have this bronzer in style warriors packagin, which i love..this suits my skin tone well, which is NC40 on SFF, and it shows up well, the only drawback for me, is that it does have shimmers, which will transfer to your cheeks, and so I use this bronzer only to contour and that too only at night, coz I find it too shimmery for daytime...If you are look out for matte bronzers, then this bronzer is not for you.

after i bought this i actually came very close to not buying again ANY powder-blush-bronzer-foundation from my local MAC store and this is all about the lighting in there!! colours get sooo twisted i end up with almost a different product when i get home!!!

Anyway...never buying this one too. it's an ok bronzer overall, good quality aand pigmentation but it's more suitable for tanned skin. on me it shows up too orangey! and it looked sooo great in the store...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This would be really lovely bronzer on people who aren't as pale as me! I'm an NC20 and I've realised that my pale skin doesn't suit bronzer... it looks a bit dirty and just not 'right'. Would look great on olive skins, I think.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Let me begin by mentionng that this bronzer is SUPER long lasting. Not to mention the first day I wore it I got SOO many compliments. In pictures it looked really good (my friend seems to say so). I liked the fact that even though it had huge golden sparkles in the compact (which was going to prevent me from purchasing it), surprisingly it didn't look as such on my skin. On my skin it was more matte with a nice healthy flush of colour. Also, this bronzer is very pigmented so you have to be careful when applying. I don't like the packaging because the bronzer seemed to go everywhere even when it's closed. I like the fact that it's SUPER long lasting (I'm talking over 16 hours and more), very pigmented, and gets me compliments, which is enough reason for me to buy this product again! Wouldn't dare to wear this at work though as it's too much. Great for weekends and evenings. For evreyday wear I'll stick to my HG Duwop bronzerush in June and/or Lise Watier's bronzer in Havana! EDIT: I finally realized that this turned RED on me. Not sure if that is the best look for me (to look like a tomato). Returned it! I took off 2 lippies and gave it a 3 because it may be good for others as it a gorgeous bronzer which is extremely long lasting.