MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by skin type : Oily

3.9

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This used to be one of my favorite products! I'm Latina with a medium olive complexion, so it looked great on... but I noticed I would break out where it was applied. (Cheeks/chin/nose/forehead) I never had whiteheads or any type of congestion on my cheeks nor forehead prior to using this. I've stopped using it about a week ago, and already see a slight improvement. I'll keep you guys updated....

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

WAYYYYY to orangey for my olive/light skin. Also, too much shimmer! It also gets smudgy/cakey after about 3 hours. I have oily skin. I have tried this and Harmony and several other bronzers and I always go back to my cheap Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight. Matte, great finish, great taupey brown with NO orange and you can't beat the price!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I had been on the search for the perfect bronzer, and I tried this one after reading the reviews. Sadly, I was very disappointed when I tried it on. It was orange on my Asian skin! (I'm between an NC35 and NC40 by the way.) The MA even said, "Wow, I've never seen it look orange on anyone before...but yeah, it does look orange on you." (I had asked her if it was just me, or if it was really orange.) I now own and love Nars's Laguna...check that bronzer out, I've heard nothing but rave reviews for it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

As another reviewer has stated, this bronzer is definitely on the matte side. The golden sparkles (hence the name?) are nowhere to be seen once applied. That being said, this bronzer is just alright. Nothing spectacular, and definitely nothing worth the $20+ that it costs. I will use this all up just for the sake of not swapping/giving it away, but I won't repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I ran out of Nars' laguna bronzer and I was in dire need of a bronzer but I wasn't willing to dish out the $$ (cause nars is pretty pricey, almost $40). I thought I'd try MAC's since it was cheaper ($25CAD) and I'm sure it would be good. The texture is great and the powder applies on very nicely. However, the colour on me is a bit too orangey on me which is a bronzer no-no. I have NC30 skin. Perhaps I shouldve tried the Refined Deeper bronze, but one thing's for sure, I should probably stick with Nars' Laguna bronzer.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a few of these. Because I LOVED IT, so I bought back-ups. OMG in the sun my face looks soooo sparkly. In my bedroom I couldn't tell. It's pretty bad when youre in the sun. Otherwise I like the color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was an alright product for me, I've found better ones out there. However, when you first look in the pan, it's dark with glitter in it. The trick to this bronzer is using a good brush and a light hand. If you use a heavy hand, it'll leave your face muddy looking which isn't appealing at all.

I've found better bronzers out there than this. MAC's bronzers just turned me slightly orange-y no matter what I tried. I've tried about two other shades other than Refined Golden and I received just the same end results.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love MAC products, but this bronzer just isn't dark enough for my skin (MAC NC45). I still haven't found a MAC bronzer that works as well as, or better than, CARGO's bronzers in Medium and Dark.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this with the to the beach collection mostly for the packaging if I'm being honest... but it really surprised me I love the color on my skintone it works perfectly and even though I don't really care for shimmer which is why I didn't think I would like this, it isn't even noticable once its on your skin at least I don't think so. I use this to contour and I'm glad I purchased this.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a very pretty golden bronze color. I apply this with a light hand and it gives just a nice, subtle glow to the skin.