MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by skin tone : Olive

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

"Refined Golden" seems to be re-promoted for every summer collection. I bought this because the MAC mua recommended this for my NC42 skin tone. I thought it would be too dark but it seems to be just fine. I don't really use this to contour but more so a blush with bronze color. It has a tiny bit of sparkles but looks matte on skin. Compared to NARS Laguna, this is a bit more of a red tone brown. NARS Laguna is a bit more muted muddy brown but with sparkles, surprisingly. This product is good and I seem to go back to it frequently when I'm on the go.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

This is my all-time favourite bronzer (and I've tried many!). Unlike many others, this bronzer does not make me look orange at all. It's got a soft pearly shimmer, but that barely shows up on my skin (which I really like - I don't particularly like shimmery cheeks on myself). It reflects light beautifully, and adds dimension to my face, especially because I prefer matte foundations. I dust it lightly across my cheeks, across my nose, chin and forehead (where the sun would naturally hit), and sometimes add a bit extra under my cheekbones to add some extra dimension. Sounds like a lot, but this is a very sheer application that is buildable. I haven't had any problems with the packaging and I've travelled extensively with mine. Naturally, the middle is the first to go and the outsides can crumble after time - though I've had one hold up until the bitter end! Currently, I'm an NW20 shade, but I am usually darker and this bronzer seems to suit me no matter how tanned or pale I am. I've also given this as a gift to a very fair friend, and she looked stunning with it on - not orange-y, either! My makeup kit would be incomplete without this bronzer - I love it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Omppa Lommpa Dopa Dee Do I looked orange it was very true! I used this bronzer for about 3 years while in highschool, looking back I am like WTF? I looked ORANGE. This def. was not the color for me. I need more of a cool toned broner because my skintone is so yellow. I wish somebody would have told me I looked like a freak. I can barely look at old picutres of myself without gagging. Why did I think I looked good? This would be a good bronzer for somebody with darker skin, but on my NC30 skintone this is horrible!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I always end up coming back to this bronzer no matter what else I try. It's the perfect shade for my skin, summer or winter surprisingly. Lasts and highlights without making me look like a character out of Jersey Shore...not orange-y either, which goes without saying considering the example!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I don't usually use bronzers but this was recommended to me and I love it. It was recommended to me so I wouldn't have to keep buying different powder colors everytime I got darker. I tan very easily so I was told using a bronzer would help and it definitely does. It looks glittery in the pan but it doesn't show up on the face so that is another great thing. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

WAYYYYY to orangey for my olive/light skin. Also, too much shimmer! It also gets smudgy/cakey after about 3 hours. I have oily skin. I have tried this and Harmony and several other bronzers and I always go back to my cheap Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sunlight. Matte, great finish, great taupey brown with NO orange and you can't beat the price!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

love this product, amazing bronzer but not a contouring product, its too shimmery, and a tiny tiny bit orangey. i wouldn't repurchase this only for the reason that it made me realized how much i like matte bronzers. i dont know if the one i have is different between refined gold and refined golden (mine is labelled differently, as its from the hey sailor collection)

I still have my MAC Solar Field Refined Golden bronzer and I got it when it first came out..i love it..lol I'm aleady naturally tan so I just use this for contouring and on my eyelid's crease (alone or to prime my lids).Most definitely worth buying...

**This does have some shimmer in it....not a matte bronzer**

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I bought based on a recommendation by my local MAC counter manager... it didn't show up on me and I am NC30-35.

I was totally unimpressed and ebaye'd it after one use.

I wanted a replacement (or step up) from EL Bronze Goddess bronzer, and was really disappointed. I love MAC in many ways but this sorely disappointed.