MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by age: 25-29

4.2

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have mixed feelings about this bronzer. It is true that the sparkles are so refined that they do not show up of your face (thank the lord). However, my biggest struggle has been its blendability? It tends to look like..patchy and weird on my cheeks, as if I can never get it so blend out nicely. However, I love the color. It is not orange-y or too warm and there are no visible sparkles and it wears all day (although I do use a setting spray). But I get agitated by its lack of blending and harsh, weird-looking lines it leaves on my cheeks. I debated returning it for a long time but decided to keep it because I do love the color and keep hoping that I will eventually master how it is best applied.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using this bronzer for over a decade! It really is the perfect bronzer when used correctly. When I was younger I used this all over my face which I do not recommend. BUT when applied as a light dust it is gorgeous. It is a warm shade with a subtle gold sparkle. I tried the the NARS Laguna and hated it. It made me look dirty. This is the HG bronzer ladies!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

"Refined Golden" seems to be re-promoted for every summer collection. I bought this because the MAC mua recommended this for my NC42 skin tone. I thought it would be too dark but it seems to be just fine. I don't really use this to contour but more so a blush with bronze color. It has a tiny bit of sparkles but looks matte on skin. Compared to NARS Laguna, this is a bit more of a red tone brown. NARS Laguna is a bit more muted muddy brown but with sparkles, surprisingly. This product is good and I seem to go back to it frequently when I'm on the go.

Pretty on my fair skin tone, not orangey at all, slight shimmer but not in a drag queen type of way. Love this bronzer.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I hated this bronzer. I usually wear Laguna by Nars but didn't wanna spend $30 on a bronzer, and b/c I'm a Mac Pro member I decided to go a little cheaper just this once. I felt this just became way to orange on my skin tone once it oxidized and the worst part, I'm not sure if its the packaging or the product itself but it just completely shattered on me within the first couple weeks!

I really love this bronzer. I am nc35 and I find it gives me a nice glow. The people who have said this is orange, it might look like that on you because you are very pale in skin tone. I don't recommend this bronzer if you have a very light complexion. I would say this is for meduim skintones to tan/dark. Im not tan im meduim light so inbetween..But if your a woman of colour then this is for you. I would definitely buy this again and again if I run out. THE $himmers show alittle bit if you have primed your face and are wearing a really good foundation and setting powder.
I really can't live without this bronzer it just is one of my favourites.overall I would give this 10/10
. * do not THROW THIS ON THE FLOOR THE POWDER WILL CRACK into peices because the powder is soft.!

I really like this bronzer. I am a NW25 and find this gives me just the right amount of glow (with a light hand). I can see how you would end up looking a little muddy / orange if you did apply too much.
Would definately re-purchase, however I think this will last a long time.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Thank you to the lovely SA who told me to use this instead of pink undertoned blushes. I had no idea I was cool toned and adding pink to my face makes it 10 times worse. This stuff looks super dark in the pan, but on my face gives an awesome healthy glow. I was unsure at first and almost swapped away, then I saw pictures of me using this and kept it, I am so glad I didn't swap!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

One of my favourite bronzers (and i must own 50 bronzers at least!) it is a good standard colour for my nc 35 skin, i mean it works in the summer but also winter. It is not too shimmery so very wearable! i just bought a back up as it is one of the best bronzers i've came accross!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I loooooove this bronzer! Its the best I`ve ever tried. It looks very natural like you been out in the sun. And it`s not orange at all, it has a little tint of terracotta but it only makes this look better. I tried Mac skinfinish medium deep and chanel universal bronzer and refined golden is so far my favourite. It has a little liiittle glitter/sparkel in it that makes my skin look glowing.