MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 19-24

4.2

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not too passionate about this product. My mom and I picked it up at the Duty Free shop before we boarded a flight, and we were really only there to kill time and to reap the benefits of no tax purchases. My mom wanted to restock on her MAC concealers and I wanted to buy a warm bronzer for our vacation, so I picked up Refined Golden. The bronzer does a good job at providing a sun-kissed glow, and it's the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion. It has a nice sheen and minimal traces of glitter specks. However, I don't find it anything special. Staying power is okay. It's certainly dupeable.

I got this bronzer for my birthday about 3.5 years ago and I'm still not done with it. The packaging is very durable. It hasn't cracked and none of the product has ever fallen out and crumbled when I've dropped the compact. I use this bronzer almost every day but I use very little product. I think it's a great bronzer and it has a nice color without being too shimmery, too orange or too "fake" looking. I can wear this bronzer when I'm fair in the winter and when I'm tanner in the summer. It's very versatile.It doesn't look muddy on my skin and it gives me a nice glow. If I ever finish it, I will repurchase. I have tried a lot of bronzers and I really like this one!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have tried MANY bronzers. I have been every shade from NC20 (now) to NC40. This is the only bronzer that I can use no matter what. It is not matte, but I don't really notice the shimmer too much once it is on my skin. It does not look like glitter. When I was darker I just used more than I do now, it is very build-able. I have a golden undertone and this bronzer is perfect. If you do use a heavy hand you can look beat up haha, just make sure you build it to the shade you want and do not swirl your brush all over the powder. We have all done it, so pay attention! I just tap it, tap off the excess, and apply. My only gripe with this bronzer is that if it drops, it is done for. I have broken quite a few and it sucks. I have had two just break in my bag (one in my purse - which got everywhere because the case isn't completely air tight so the loose powder pieces came out, and once on my way home from the MAC store it was already broken on my way home). This is really not one to keep in your purse. I have packed it in luggage and been fine, just not clinking around in your bag. All in all this is a great bronzer! I've been using it for 8 years! Tried MANY others but keep coming back!

I love this product, especially since i use a matte based foundation that can make my face look a little flat. This bronzer adds dimension. I use it to contour my face or I use it all over to add a sunkissed glow. I am a C4 in MAC and I was reccomended to use this product and I instantly fell in love with it. The price is a bit much but for 26 dollars its really worth it. I use the product everyday and I still havent hit pan and I bought it in June. So, it lasts a long time. I would reccomend it to those who are medium to darker skin tones.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I absolutely looove this product! I have been using it for five years and have yet to find another one that can top it! it has a nice shimmer but it not too overpowering. it is perfect for my medium skin tone! i get way more compliments on how naturally tan i look when wearing this than when i wear any other bronzer.my only complaint would be that if you drop it even once the product breaks up into chunks. i wish they would redesign the packaging for it, but other than that it is fantastic!

This bronzer kind of pulled orange on me or should I say it oxidized on me after having it on for awhile. Also, I'm not a fan of the shimmer. This bronzer seems too dark for me and is not flattering on my skin tone (MSFN Medium Dark).

I still have my MAC Solar Field Refined Golden bronzer and I got it when it first came out..i love it..lol I'm aleady naturally tan so I just use this for contouring and on my eyelid's crease (alone or to prime my lids).Most definitely worth buying...

**This does have some shimmer in it....not a matte bronzer**

I love this colour bronzer. I bought golden at the airport duty free when i came back from my vacation and thought it was a bit too light and required too much effort to put on. But this colour is perfect and i bought it in the to the beach packaging and it's soo cute! love love love!!

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Firstly, i wear shade NC15 in MAC studio fix fluid foundation, mixed with a bit of NW25 when im a bit more tanned, and I find that a lot of bronzers patch when worn over foundation and won't blend evenly or make me look sunburnt or orange, not this one! it has a lovely natural bronze colour with a very slight shimmer. I was using the same bronzer in lighter shade 'golden' which i also liked the texture of, however it took quite a bit to build up a decent colour resulting in it running out mighty fast where as this shade can be worn sparingly as it builds up colour fast, therefore lasting a lot longer. So yes, i would definately recommend this product

Love, love, love this stuff! I have been buying it for years. Yes, it does have shimmer which turns some people off, but I do not find it to be overpowering. I often use it more as a blush than an all-over bronzer (I'm already pretty dark - NC40 now, but NC45 in the past).