MAC Cosmetics Refined Golden

Filtered by age: 19-24

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After completely going through my MAC's Pro Longwear Bronzer "Nude on Board", I picked this one up and decided to give it a try. I typically wear an NC15/NC20, and while this is a pretty dark, pigmented bronzer, I still find it wearable on my skin tone.

I would describe the color as a deep, warm bronze with a fine gold shimmer running through it -- it is not a metallic bronzer by any means, but it does have some trace glitter, which I don't find chunky on the face, more or less just a subtle glow. It can pull a bit orangey, so most people may prefer it as a nice summer bronzer as opposed to a contour, but to each their own. I just like how buildable it is, from very light to very dark, and I feel that an array of skin tones could make this work. It blends out pretty well, and wears on me all day long.

Very orangey, does not blend well, bad texture. Might work well for someone who is tan but not for pale people.

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Refined Golden is a dirty brown with this golden shimmer that is noticeable in the pan but hardly detectable used on the skin. Its nice for a sun-kissed look and good for contouring with this bronzer it is so easy to create sculpted cheeks. Decent pigmentation too, too much would definitely make me end up looking dirty. To make it look natural on my cheeks, I use my Bdellium tools contour brush. Medium and darker skintones can use this bronzer no problem. Lighter skintones with a warm undertone and application with a light hand can apply this bronzer too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I really wanted to love this. This has the most gorgeous color ever!!
I looks awesome with my tanned skin, enhances my tan in the most beautiful way. Its the best contour i have owned till date.
BUT this BREAKS ME OUT like nothing else.
I never wanted to accept this is the culprit.. so i changed my sunscreen, blamed my cleanser... i Googled if its breaking out other people...
but in the end i cant use this anymore...
I mean I wanna look beautifully bronzed but not at the cost of cystic acne.
I do have oily skin and have some breakouts here and there, but never did i get cystic acne before!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

love this product, amazing bronzer but not a contouring product, its too shimmery, and a tiny tiny bit orangey. i wouldn't repurchase this only for the reason that it made me realized how much i like matte bronzers. i dont know if the one i have is different between refined gold and refined golden (mine is labelled differently, as its from the hey sailor collection)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a big staple in my everyday routine. This bronzer gives me the perfect contour. I have olive fair-medium skin.

edit: had to take off 2 lippies because of the devolpment of cystic acne.

I LOVE this bronzer! This is my HG bronzer, because it darkens my skin and gives me the I-just-got-back-from-holiday look. People ask me if I went tanning with this bronzer! It's a true golden brown color with little to no orange undertones. There is shimmer in the pan, but I find it doesn't transfer to the face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not too passionate about this product. My mom and I picked it up at the Duty Free shop before we boarded a flight, and we were really only there to kill time and to reap the benefits of no tax purchases. My mom wanted to restock on her MAC concealers and I wanted to buy a warm bronzer for our vacation, so I picked up Refined Golden. The bronzer does a good job at providing a sun-kissed glow, and it's the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion. It has a nice sheen and minimal traces of glitter specks. However, I don't find it anything special. Staying power is okay. It's certainly dupeable.

I got this bronzer for my birthday about 3.5 years ago and I'm still not done with it. The packaging is very durable. It hasn't cracked and none of the product has ever fallen out and crumbled when I've dropped the compact. I use this bronzer almost every day but I use very little product. I think it's a great bronzer and it has a nice color without being too shimmery, too orange or too "fake" looking. I can wear this bronzer when I'm fair in the winter and when I'm tanner in the summer. It's very versatile.It doesn't look muddy on my skin and it gives me a nice glow. If I ever finish it, I will repurchase. I have tried a lot of bronzers and I really like this one!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I have tried MANY bronzers. I have been every shade from NC20 (now) to NC40. This is the only bronzer that I can use no matter what. It is not matte, but I don't really notice the shimmer too much once it is on my skin. It does not look like glitter. When I was darker I just used more than I do now, it is very build-able. I have a golden undertone and this bronzer is perfect. If you do use a heavy hand you can look beat up haha, just make sure you build it to the shade you want and do not swirl your brush all over the powder. We have all done it, so pay attention! I just tap it, tap off the excess, and apply. My only gripe with this bronzer is that if it drops, it is done for. I have broken quite a few and it sucks. I have had two just break in my bag (one in my purse - which got everywhere because the case isn't completely air tight so the loose powder pieces came out, and once on my way home from the MAC store it was already broken on my way home). This is really not one to keep in your purse. I have packed it in luggage and been fine, just not clinking around in your bag. All in all this is a great bronzer! I've been using it for 8 years! Tried MANY others but keep coming back!