L'Oreal Paris Nutri-Vive with ceramide

No Image

3.3

on 9/11/2001 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My hair was terribly damaged and dry from using haircolor and then using a drying shampoo (that I hadn't realized was drying til a day or so ago.) I tried this as a cheaper alternative to Redken Allsoft, and it's fabulous. My hair is very clean, but smooth and soft and conditioned beautifully. It also did not irritate my sensitive scalp at all. Fab!

on 12/20/2002 8:15:00 PM

I used this product (the shampoo + conditioner) on my highlighted-now-colored hair because I noticed it was feeling dry and I was starting to get lots of broken hairs... First off, I LOVE the smell! It smells clean and fresh and it lasts all day!! It made my hair softer, and helped keep my broken hairs from flying away all over the place. I just bought the conditioner today, and can't wait to test it out tomorrow! I would definitely recommend it, especially because of the GREAT price (a little more than $2 at Walmart).

on 3/30/2003 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse

I hope I'm reviewing the right product. Here in Finland it's called L'Oreal Elvital Nutri-Ceramide Shampoo. At first I was very pleased with this product. It left my hair feeling very soft and detangled. BUT: After using it for a few weeks I noticed that the back of my head had started itching and the skin of my scalp had started to peal! I saw through the mirror that there were a few red itchy patches on my scalp! I changed my shampoo and the problem hasn't come back. After that I decided I will never use a shampoo that contains silicons because I believe they were partly the reason for the pealing.

on 7/23/2003 1:05:00 PM

My hair is loving this shampoo right now! I have been through so many shampoos lately and none of them have worked...until now. I have fine naturally wavy hair (but i have a lot of hair!). This shampoo makes my hair feel so soft and bouncy. It smells really fresh too. I am able to get a comb through my hair and it doesn't tangle. Works great with the Nutrivive conditioner. UPDATE 4/1/04: After using this shampoo after a long while, my hair started getting a really weird texture, i had to stop using it.

on 8/9/2003 11:59:00 AM

Cheap, effective in leaving my hair soft AND shiny when used in conjunction with the conditioner. Who could ask for more? My hair is definitly less 'poofy'. After blowdrying, my hair is undbelievably soft and detangled! *gasp* I don't mind the scent though some people might find it overwhelming.
After trying so many drugstore brands, i think i've hit the jackpot.

I don't like this Shampoo.. I have this twin conditioner too. I have VERY dry hair and sometimes this gives me split ends and makes my hair even MORE frizzier unless I use my Garnier deep conditioning..

on 4/20/2004 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this shampoo at first! It was my HG, but then I noticed that it changed my hair texture. It dried out my hair and it was all frizzy! Why did this happen? Has anyone else had the same experience? I will never buy it again!

on 6/17/2004 10:18:00 AM

Ah...yes...it is weird because I have dry hair...but lemme think what this reminded me of after using it...oh yes....like putting vaseline in my hair. My hair was so greasy after using this that honestly I could have just washed it with vaseline. I rinsed, rinsed and rinsed...I say there are better products out there, I won't be buying it again, maybe if greasy hair becomes the new trend then i'll give it another try.

on 8/10/2004 11:42:00 PM

I actually really like this shampoo. It leaves my hair really smooth. I've to admit that it doesn't clean that well, especially on those days when I've been using styling products. But that's what clarifying shampoos are for (in my case, Fresh-Vive). It's not as heavy as the Smooth-Intense or Color-Vive, but still makes my hair super silky.

on 8/24/2004 5:06:00 PM

EWWW! When I first tried this I actually thought for a second that I'd picked-up the conditioner bottle. Nope, after checking the label I discovered it was in fact shampoo... horrible, awful, greasy shampoo. The weirdest shampoo I've ever tried anyway. It hardly lathers and it's thick. NO clean feeling after rinsing. In fact my hair actually felt less clean! Is it just me or aren't shampoos supposed to rinse things away, not coat your hair with goop?

Popular Shampoos