no images

price range

Reviews

1.0

12 years ago

I was so excited to try this out once I saw it in the drugstore. It had two of my favorite qualifications: 1) it smelled like vanilla, and I love vanilla scents! 2) it is holistic/organic, and I appreciate that a great deal. Well, when I began washing my hair with this, I noticed that my hair started to form knots and it was all matted in one section. I combed my hair out..talk about a work out! It was virtually impossible to do so, despite having used a conditioner. When I dried my hair, my hair was not at all moisturized, as this shampoo supposedly is meant to do. It was extremely dry and felt like straw. I was very disappointed, as this was $11 a bottle..a bit overpriced, considering the quality is awful. I will not go near this again, although I wouldn't be opposed to trying Ecco Bella's vanilla body lotion.

About reviewer (50 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesHazel

from

13 years ago

It's too moisturizing to effectively clean my normal (read: not usually very oily) hair. However, the luscious scent and thick, creamy texture are SOOO luxurious that I plan to have a bottle around as long as they continue to make it! I keep it on my bathtub ledge and only use it when I'm taking a long, soaking bath - unlike more deeply cleansing shampoos, this one is more "natural" and very gentle on my skin, so I don't mind rinsing out my hair in the bathwater and soaking in it for an hour (though I do of course rinse off both hair and body in the shower when I'm done soaking!). I experience the scent as a very true but complex and creamy vanilla - a little floral, fairly but not overwhelmingly caramel-y, foody as well as sexy. And I love the Boticelli's "Venus on the halfshell" packaging! A lovely special-occasion product for gift-giving or self-pampering.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal

HairRed

EyesHazel

14 years ago

I was surprised by this shampoo. It's made with natural ingredients and is very gentle on my hair. Lathers up well and seems to be very moisturizing without being greasy. The scent does annoy me at times - a little too fake and strong - but I'm not really a vanilla fragrance kind of girl.

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOther

HairOther

EyesOther

16 years ago

Ecco Bella's Vanilla shampoo smells WONDERFUL! I get compliments on the scent all the time. It is a very thick shampoo, but I found it lathered my long, thick hair nicely and I am pleased with it overall. I was using Ecco Bella's Tea Tree Shampoo for months and just recently thought I'd give this one a try. I'm glad I did.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

16 years ago

Love the smell of this and hoped it would be gentle enough for my chemically treated (ok, ok, roughly treated) hair. It wasn't. However, the husband with his military short hair can use it and I still get to smell it. mmmmmmmm.....

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

EyesGreen

16 years ago

I bought this shampoo (and the conditioner) to replace a marvelous vanilla scented shampoo that my local salon used to bottle and sell. Unfortunately, they had to stop making the vanilla scented stuff after our country declared war on the country where they bought the vanilla from, so that was that and I was in need of a new vanilla shampoo fix. I liked the fact that Ecco Bella is a socially and environmentally responsible company, but in the end, I was unimpressed with this product. It tended to weigh my hair down and I had a hard time feeling as though my hair was actually clean after using it. Plus, the vanilla scent, while "true", has a strange almost plastic-y smell to it, which I found hard to tollerate. Perhaps if I'd found this shampoo before falling hopelessly in love with my salon's unattainable brand of vanilla shampoo I might have liked it better. But compared to the real deal, it falls way short of my expectations. I'm giving it 3 lippies for being a good environmentally friendly company, though.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

SkinVery Dry

16 years ago

I love this shampoo. For a natural product, this lathers wonderfully and leaves my hair smelling so good! My new favorite shampoo!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBlond

EyesGreen

16 years ago

i usually love ecco bella products, and this is no exception. it works great on my hair, which is curly and tends to be on the dry side- i thought it was going to be too heavy, but its not. wonderful ingredients and scent!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairRed

17 years ago

I like this better than the matching vanilla conditioner, although I'm not singing it praises either. I like the ingredients and it smells absolutely yummy. It' supposed to be gentle but my hair still feels very rough after using it, like every other shampoo. It's no different.

About reviewer (67 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

EyesBrown

from

17 years ago

I love this product. The previous reviewer is right, it has the most delicious vanilla smell- not too sickly sweet or fake, just very warm. I love the consistency and the foam with this, and it's got great ingredients. Gentle cleansers, vitamins, and a dash of jojoba oil, it's my favorite shampoo these days. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age19-24