Chanel Gel Purete

Chanel Gel Purete

on 5/16/2016 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I enjoy this cleanser, mostly in summer months when I am more oily. I find in other seasons it can dry out my skin a bit. The scent is minimal and pleasant, and it removes all traces of makeup while leaving my skin feeling refreshed and clean.

This is quite a good gel cleanser for normal to oily skin, mine is normal and it doesn't dry it out any more than I'd want it to, it just removes any oil from the day and moisturizer residue from the night before. I haven't used it to remove makeup since I prefer to use Cleansing Oil for that. It's comparable to MAC's Green Gel Cleanser, but the packaging is a lot nicer to look at + it has a pump and it smells nice (very light clean scent, the MAC one smelt unpleasant to me). One pump is all you need.
You could probably find something similar at the drugstore, but I doubt anyone buying this is expecting to get some kind of major improvements from a simple gel cleanser...

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've been using both this and the mousse exfoliante purete and I've decided this is definitely my favourite. In conjunction with the rest of Chanel's skincare it keeps my face the best it's ever been and as matte as it's ever been too! Definitely HG skincare line. FINALLY.

on 11/21/2014 1:52:00 PM

This is a great cleanser for super oily skin that is not sensitive.
Pro:It gets everything out of the pores. Works well on oily t-zone with large pores.
Cons: It is expensive for a cleanser that contains sodium laureth sulfate which most drug store cleanser use. SLF is good at cleansing, but is super drying and irritating for sensitive acne prone skin. It is worse for dry skin it causes the skin to become super dry and can flake and peel. Not good for combination dry skin.
This cleanser did clean everything out of my pores but made my face super dry and itchy after one use. Plus lashes started to fall off.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Other, Fine

Just one pump of this clear gel is enough to lather your entire face! The scent alone is awesome and after I rinse off, I feel like the cleanser has really done a thorough job of removing oil, dirt, and any dead cells. Use this in conjunction with the Chanel Lotion Purete toner and you have a wonderful duo to combat oil and add a matte finish to your skin without stripping it of critical moisture.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

A very good choice for Oily/Acne-Prone Skin! This water-based gel cleanser refreshes my skin without dehydrated it!

on 9/16/2012 1:12:00 PM

This is a good product.I purchased it about a month ago. It really knocks my skin into place. I like how it takes off my makeup and makes my skin feel.This cleasner can be slightly drying so I am not going to use this in the winter but it was worth it and I would totally buy this again.

on 9/13/2012 4:36:00 PM

This isn't the worst cleanser I've ever used, but it's far from the best. This dried out my skin a bit, and I was constantly breaking out while using this. Nothing major, but enough to be annoying. At this price, I just guess I expected something a bit better than this. Won't be repurchasing.

on 7/27/2012 10:21:00 PM

i have normal/combination skin. ive been using this product for a few years. its a great cleanser for removing all kinds of makeup and grit but recently i find it a little too drying and tight on my skin. i would buy it again but i wouldnt use it daily.

on 11/26/2011 2:31:00 PM

Very good. Can be a bit drying if it is used continuously for a long period of time. I prefer this for the summer, and use something a little milder for winter. I really like this product.