L'Oreal Pastel Repair - Shimmering Lip Cream

No Image

4.6

on 2/3/2009 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I bought the 'Strawberry Shake' shade from Ebay for around 2 as im addicted to lipbalms and lipcreams!
its a very sheer baby pink that looks clear on the lips with a very slight light pink sheen. it makes my lips feel so moisturised, and even when its worn off my lips still feel and look smooth and plumped with moisture.
I bought it after I read reviews on how good it is and im glad i did, but the only thing I dont like is that it has no smell, although other reviewers have said it smells nice, so maybe I got a bad one! it just smells of nothing atall!
will still buy again though, very cute packaging too x

on 7/16/2006 5:36:00 AM

Im so in love with these little babysized lipcreams! They are packaged in tubes and has a round applicator on the top. They truly hydrates my lipbalm-addicted lips and feels soft and comfortable. They also gives a soft, glossy look to the lips. The consistence is creamy and balmy (not tacky, waxy or sticky at all). I have these in "Strawberry Shake" (pale milky pink) and "White Pearl" (pale milky peachy pink with tinytiny red/pink shimmer). The colors barely shows up but thats totally fine with me (I cant wear to dark/pigmented colors anyway). They smell really good, strawberry-ish. Like Loreals Blush Deliciux blush. I have seriously nothing bad to say about these little treasures. Just go out and buy! (They are cheap too ;P )

A rather creamy texture available in a whole range of scents. I say scents because there is no taste whatsoever. Well, its called "pastel repair" and yes, it certainly does moisturize and repair dry lips. I took a lippie off because I was a bit dissapointed that the colour hardly showed up on my lips. Just a hint of rose or nothing at all. So dont be deceived by the colour in the tube. Other than that... no complaints!

on 2/22/2005 7:00:00 AM

I'm on my second tube and I like it a lot. It's a bit sticky, but since it leaves my lips feeling really soft and tastes great I don't care.

on 3/31/2005 1:24:00 PM

Great stuff! I own so many ive lost count. Makes you lips feel incredibly soft, plus you get the glossy look. Cant say i can see a particular colour go thats a downside. It doesnt stay on for long, but the softness stays, unlike many glosses which wear off to give you sandpapery lips! Gets thumbs up from me. Will definetly be buying again!

on 5/28/2005 2:03:00 AM

Bought this in 'Sandal Pearl', 10ml tube, for about US$4. Great moisturising qualities, although little color or lasting power.

on 12/18/2004 4:17:00 AM

Since I don't like waxy balms, this is a nice basic lip-ointment. It feels like a less sticky gloss and gives my lips a glossy sheen. The milky tinge is barely there, and both fragrance and flavor are subtle enough. No extraordinary healing powers, just lasting comfort out of a 12 ml tube.

I discovered this while at the L'Oreal store at the Beverly Hills Center. The SA said that other than Europe, this was only available at the L'Oreal store (if you ever get a chance to visit swing by there. You get to try lots of stuff and see how your skin looks under different lighting in a special room).

On to the review >>> This reminds me of Biotherm's Aquasource lip balm except that it is half the price has no SPF. This comes in three versions. Two have shimmer, a pearl (silver) or gold and the third is a Honey Milk one (it says it has shimmer but I don't see it) that goes on clear and smells, well like honey. I have the Honey Milk one and it leaves my lips moisturized with a nice sheen. It's not sticky or tacky and doesn't leave that "I have something on my lips feeling". The consistency is just a tad bit thicker than the Aquasource but it does not sit on your lips and is absorbed better. The SA said that it contains vitamin C. Pricey for those who are used to spending a couple of bucks on lip balm, but for those who use Bliss Balm or Px Lip Specialist, this is a great bargain buy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is great. It's not balmy like lipbalm, and don't let the package fool you -- it's not another sticky gooey lipgloss-like item. It's lipcream. And I dig it!
I only bought it like half an hour ago but already I'm lovin' how this shiznit feels on my lips. And just to test how it'd go as a softening lipstick, it works good for that too. the shimmer and tint is subtle. now all i gotta do is test to see if it lives up to the 8 hr hype... at school tomorrow. But yea, it's not like super-conditioning or treatment-like, but it's gooood.

on 11/10/2004 9:47:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I am glad I bought this product based on the great reviews here, and I love it! It's not too sticky, has a subtle shine, and I love the smell (which seems to be vaguely the same no matter the color). I think that 9 euros is maybe a little overpriced for a lip balm, but as I'm addicted to them, bought it anyway and have found that it's well worth its price.