Chanel Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

Chanel Gentle BiPhase Eye Makeup Remover

4.1

Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, PPG-26 Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Methylparaben, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Chlorhexidine Digluconate, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine

I love this stuff it removes everything, and isn't oilily.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Bought this when going on vacation to Cannes to remove Chanel waterproof mascara. Did not do the job, at all!!!
Total ripoff!!!!

To Read all 103 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/23/2016 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

First night I used this I was not extremely bothered by the teary eye feeling. Second day I used it still felt okay with it and I liked the feel to it even though it did not remove all of my eye make up and I wear minimal non water proof make up. Third day my skin felt very dry and by the after noon was extremely red. Today on the 4th day my eyes are so irritated they are almost swollen shut. I have never had an allergic reaction to any make up product so I didn't recognize the signs.

on 2/2/2015 1:22:00 PM

This is the best eye makeup remover I've ever used. Unsurprisingly, it's also the most expensive I've ever used at $34 a for a 3.4 ounce bottle. Nevertheless, it is extremely gentle (I don't think I have the most sensitive eyes, but plenty of drugstore removers do end up stinging) and very effective.

My best friend exclusively uses this eye makeup remover and I remarked how much I liked it, so she bought me a bottle for Christmas a year ago. I, myself, would never spend $34 on a eye makeup remover, but this stuff really does remover every little bit of waterproof mascara, gel liner, and lash glue. I've experienced some difficulty gracefully removing my false lashes and glue with other removers, but this one does the trick. I usually generously dab a Q-tip with the remover and gentle swipe across my eyelids to loosen up the eyelash glue (and I usually use more than I should), which has been instrumental in preserving the good conditions of the false lashes and also of my actual eyelashes that often get caught up in the glue (I'm not exactly good at this false eyelash thing).

I feel it's a bit more viscous than the Neutrogena equivalent, perhaps being all the more "clinging" onto the areas that require product removal. The sturdy angular screw top and small nozzle are a great feature as I often find myself over-saturating cotton pads with large open neck bottles.

The pricing is fair with this product being Chanel and made in France, but I'm fairly sure that I won't be repurchasing this once I've used it up. Excellent eye makeup remover nonetheless for those willing to spend a little more.

This stuff is fabulous. In fact I sometimes use this to remove heavy foundation also. It has a gentle pleasant smell and an oily consistency that makes me think it's good for hydrating under eye area. I've never tried anything that comes close to this effectiveness. HG remover!

on 7/2/2014 7:43:00 PM

I received this from a friend and unfortunately I have to disagree with many of the positive reviews here. This does a decent job of removing my eye makeup but never completely gets rid of all of it, so much so that after I wash my face with my usual face wash, I'm left with smudges of eyeliner or mascara under my eyes. This is frustrating considering I do not wear waterproof makeup regularly, and as it never happens to me when I use Pond's Cold Cream or the Target knockoff of Neutrogena's eye makeup remover (or the samples of Lancome's beloved Bi-Facil that I squirrel away!). I also don't like the container, as it's a squeeze bottle and I feel like I can't control the amount I put on my cotton pad as well as I do with the eye makeup removers mentioned above. I'll use up the bottle since my friend gave it to me, but I wouldn't purchase it on my own.

on 6/19/2014 8:22:00 PM

love it... i too get ulcers on my corneas and broken blood vessels and lance was all i would use until i tried this, i just rinse a cotton round add this and let it sit ten seconds..no tugging -all waterproof makeup wipes away in one swipe. love it*

I was always a Lancome Bi-Facils fan girl, but found that it left the eye area a little greasy after using, so I wanted to try something else. I was given a sample of this Chanel remover, and have been hooked ever since... in fact, just bought another bottle!

This gently and effectively removes all of my eye makeup, even the gel liners and kohls that I sometimes use on my waterline. It sweeps away waterproof mascara like a breeze, too. And best of all, there is no irritation, weird fragrance, or greasiness/oiliness afterwards. It also works well on the lips to remove lip stains and dark lipsticks.

Best makeup remover ever, and I will buy again and again! continued >>

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Water proof mascara is sooooo hard to remove. Finding a product that will remove it is soooo hard to find. Most of the eye makeup removers that remove waterproof mascara are pretty miserable. They either do nothing, or smear the make up all over. All of the eye make up removers made to remove waterproof mascara sting my eyes for hours and make them look red. As a result, I never wear waterproof mascara...until I accidentally ordered one from the shopping channel to be reviewed later.
Enter Chanel Demaquillant Yeux Intense ...Solution Biphase Douce or in English...Gentle Biphase Eye Makeup Remover ! ! ! ! !
This is the only waterproof mascara remover I have found that takes off the mascara without rubbing, smearing or stinging ! !
Before cleansing my face, I shake vigorously as the biphase does have some oil in it. I apply to one cotton pad per eye, apply to closed eyes and keep in place for 30 seconds or more. The mascara comes off easily and painlessly.
I wish this product wasn't so expensive.

It's a good thing I was handed just a sample from the Sales Rep! Yes, it removes eye makeup in excellent fashion.

However, for 2 hours afterward, my eyes felt like I was swimming under water for 2 hours! Then, the lid became very irritate and itchy.

I'm going back to Sonia Kashuk because of its quality and price.