Mario Badescu silver powder

Mario Badescu silver powder

3.8

Ingredients: Calcium Carbonate, Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide 5/20/09

Not bad. I got a free package of Mario Badescu products. This powder was a lot more generously sized compared to the tiny sample sizes of the other freebies. Silver powder is supposed to get rid of blackheads by unclogging pores. I found that it minimizes oil but I don't think it really gets rid of blackheads. So I give it 3 out of 5 lippies because even though my blackheads remain it de-oils nicely.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I thought bioré's pore cleansing strips were fun and effective! Badescu's silver powder is so far superior. Although, I'll admit, I've only used it twice. Both times I used it, my skin was magically clear of all those black specks peppering my pores, particularly on my forehead and nose. My chin is trickier. My skin is significantly less oily in the T-Zone area as well. I think it's key to have a solid toner if you're going to use this product. I've been using neutragena's pore refining toner, but now that we're transitioning into the fall, I need to switch it up or I'm going to dry out those patches of skin under my lips on either side of my chin. I do sprinkle little silver dust wherever I go when I use it and I don't like to sit still, so be warned! Super effective. It makes those pore strips seem like child's play.

on 7/12/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for my 14 year old son to address the blackheads on his nose & chin. He's 14 so you can imagine the amount of time and effort he spends on his skin (translation - none) so his nose and chin areas get out of hand. We've tried various scrubs with minimal results and I was about to buy another scrub when I came across this on ULTA's website. I read the description and the reviews on both ULTA and MUA and decided to give it a shot. I followed the instructions and my son's nose & chin were the smoothest and cleanest they've ever been! I squeezed the size of his nose once the mask was rinsed and what was left came out with ease - same for his chin. I decided to try it on my chin as I am in the midst of a hormonal acne flareup and wouldn't you know it - same outcome. I'm in love with this stuff and a little goes a super long way. I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I was excited to try this but I don't feel like it did anything good for my skin. I love a lot of Mario Badescu products, and I think this might be better for very oily faces. My face isn't really dry, but it's not oily either. Unfortunately my face is also slightly sensitive, and this stuff irritated my skin a little bit. Honestly I can't be too hard on it, because I could see how this might work for a particular skin type other than mine.

I used this for the first time last night and saw instant results, really impressed! I suffer with quite large pores on my nose and chin so I tend to get a lot of blackheads in these two areas. The application might be slightly fiddly but to be honest I like it, better than a boring old lotion/mask! I used the application method as on the tub and didn't find it difficult other than I definitely should have wet the cotton pad more. Next time I may try putting a tiny amount in the palm of my hand and then applying with wet fingers directly to my face to see if that's easier as I feel you do waste a bit of product by applying with a cotton pad. I left it on for 10 minutes and rinsed off with a cotton pad soaked with toner and wow - my pores looked so clean! I didn't even need to squeeze anything out. I guess some things work for some skin types and not for others, and this definitely worked for me - my skin in combination and I didn't find it dry afterwards at all. Highly recommend!

on 7/16/2016 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I really didn't want to believe the bad reviews on here, but after trying to make this work for a while, I have to write a similar one. My problem with the product is with the effectiveness of it. It might draw out some impurities, but not enough to make any difference in my skin, and not enough to be worth the money. It takes a while to figure out how to get it to stick to your face properly (I find that the cotton pad needs to be a lot wetter than you initially think, so that the powder turns into a gooey paste). After a few times, the application really isn't very messy. But the second it dries on the skin, you'll have powder everywhere. Don't wear anything that you'll want to wear out and about later without giving it a wash first. Bottom line: the product makes more of a mess than it helps my skin, and I'd choose a mask over this type of product any day.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a great product if you are interested in an easier extraction of the blackheads and the city dirt out of your pores. I have not noticed any mattifying results or any particular difference in cleanliness of the pores on my nose (my main 'blackheads trouble' area) after using this, although when used regularly once a week, it really does the job of keeping these clean.

I get similar results (REALLY clean, empty pores!) from a regular spirulina/chlorella mask which can be cheaper and more accessible for me than Mario Badescu products. Although the green-goo mask takes about 20 minutes (+ 10 minutes to clean everything around you in the bathroom!) while with this one I'm done within 8 minutes tops. So on certain days this is a no-brainer. I apply it to wet face, hop in the shower and after a shower wash it off and enjoy clean pores!

The product is a bit too fiddly for what it is - it is a nice, clean and medicinal looking plastic jar of a very fluffy, white powder inside, that looks a little bit like a puffed up icing sugar.

I spray my face with a Badescu's rose water & aloe vera spray (which is wonderful btw!), stick my rosewater sprayed finger into the puffy content of the jar (yes, be very careful here as it flies EVERYWHERE!) and smear a thin layer over my t zone. Then I usually have my shower and wipe it off with a moist cloth after about 10 minutes. The skin is not overly dried but the blackheads are sometimes not as magically removed as after a homemade chlorella mask. There is some difference in the pores cleanliness but not a massive one.

It is true that the blackheads pop out much easier afterwards so I might be using this mask when I need to do some extracting from time to time. It was not that expensive either, despite being stocked by such a posh place as Harvey Nichols.

on 5/9/2016 9:57:00 PM

I put a little in my palm, wet it, apply to my nose and leave overnight. Washes off in the shower in the morning, no problem. After a couple of weeks of doing that I can't see any blackheads, so I will continue to use this. Nothing works overnight, that's not possible . Give it a few weeks before giving up.

on 6/4/2016 3:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only used it about 3 times and I have to say I'm not impressed. I know I can't expect immediate benefits, but a lot of reviewers say it helps make it easier to unclog all the gunk in your pores, and I didn't have that luck at all. I told myself I should give it a few more tries before I junk it but the fact is it's sooooo messy and leaves the skin on and around my nose feeling incredibly uncomfortable. The directions say you need to remove it with a toner but I'm not a fan of things that can't come off with just water. Unfortunately I always ended up having to use a toner because this stuff left such a thick film of product on my skin. Honestly I would probably give it another shot if it weren't for the fact that I found another mask that I have no trouble using and have actually felt immediate benefits with.

on 6/12/2016 9:35:00 AM

Honest to god this is the best thing I have ever used on my face I can't tell you how oily my skin used to be and how bad my blackheads and how big my pores were on my nose and I've only used this powder/mask once and it has changed my life. The price is so inexpensive for high end skincare and this little jar will last me a long time this is the best thing ever!