Stila Raspberry lipglaze

Stila Raspberry lipglaze

on 4/6/2018 8:47:00 PM

Got this years ago but just now writing a review.

Super cute, bright shade. Nice, glossy lips without pieces of glitter or mica like some other shades. Smelled great, too! I used the whole thing up and would love to get it again.

on 7/16/2017 12:16:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I love this gloss. It's a pretty tint of pinky-melon. I would compare it similar to Mac Sheen Supreme: gwi-yo-mi. Except Stila Raspberry is a lil less pigmented. It certainly gives my lips a natural pseudo-pouty appearance. The tack is tolerable not excessive by any standards; there are worse products which feel tarry/gummy. Doesn't last long as most lip glosses are known for- esp when not heavily pigmented. Typical twist pen applicator- best to twist few minutes before you need to apply- I usually twist 1 or 2 times and cap it after use so it's ready for next application. Another summer go to gloss ...light fresh and pretty.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of my favorite shades of Stila's lip glaze because the color actually shows up well on my lips! It smells fruity and like something perfect for summer. However, I use it year round. I will say that these lip glosses are sticky, so avoid this if that's something that bothers you. Otherwise, I don't have the slightest problem enjoying this product! The color is a bright, pretty pink-fuchsia shade that would probably flatter most complexions since it's not extremely opaque. There is also a lot of shine with this particular color. I would definitely repurchase this one out of all the lip glazes I've tried from this company.

This appears to be a bright, raspberry red colour but actually applies rather sheer. The colour is a lovely, natural look for my pigmented lips and the gloss provides good staying power and shine, while being only slightly tacky. The applicator takes a bit of getting used to. While brushing the product onto your lips is easy, not over twisting the applicator and dispensing too much product can be tricky, hence the deduction of a lippy. However, once you get the hang of it, the convienience of the packaging becomes obvious. These come in a variety of colours and I plan to buy more!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This gloss looks like a bright bubble gum pink in the tube but comes on very subtle and sheer on the lips. It adds a very pretty wash of rosy pink tint to my lips. The consistency of the gloss is thick and a bit sticky but it has very nice staying power. The click pen dispenser is a bit of a pain as typically with this type of delivery system you either don't get enough product or you get a big glob of it. Overall, I really liked this color. I would definitely buy this gloss again.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this glaze. It is my second in go-to gloss. My first being Stila cherry crush lip/cheek stain. I keep this in my bag all the time. Pros: great applicator, good scent, great light color, easy to carry around, adds just enough gloss but not too much. Cons: sometimes the applicators take forever to produce color and sometimes they produce too little/much.

on 6/2/2009 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a perfect color for summer. If you only apply a little bit of product, it will just give you a good shine without much color. The good thing about Raspberry is that the color is buildable. I use 4 to 6 clicks and there is a hint of the color on my moderately pigmented lips. I was on an airplane a couple of weeks ago and got really impatient that it was not coming out, so I twisted it more than a dozen times, probably. When I applied too much of the product that had come out, it was pretty fuschia on my lips, but still completely wearable--it looked just like the color on the tube. I like the scent of it; it reminds me of a gummy candy a child would eat. This gloss makes my lips feel good and soft too, so I would repurchase.

Gorgeous color. The perfect medium/almost deep rosy shade with a slight bright pink tone to it, it does have pretty good pigment and it's super shiney which I love.

on 4/19/2009 5:44:00 AM

im in love with this gloss
it is sheer but colors the lips pretty well
it is so smooth and my lips look so juicy when i wear ir
i dont mind clicking

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Product: Lipglaze that looks like a cool-toned, hot, fushia-ish, neon-pink in the tube but applies fairly sheerly. No glitter or shimmer whatsoever. Comes packaged in the normal Stila lipglaze packaging with click pen dispenser and brush-on applicator. Has a scent but doesn't taste like anything.

My experience: So at first I got this lipglaze free with my beautycrunch order. And I was wondering, what on earth am I going to do with a hot pink scary looking lipglaze? And at first when I tried it I put too much on, so my lips wound up looking something like the color in the tube. Disappointed, I put it aside for a while, but another day I decided to give it another shot. This time I used less glaze (4 clicks) and the color was a very nice sweet, slightly cool-toned pink with some brightness to it. On my AAB NC/NW20 cool-toned skin, the color was actually really flattering. A very pretty springy type of color. Now, it's one of my go-to colors, and when I don't know what to wear I tend to reach for it. The only downsides are that it's pretty sticky, costs too much, and the click-pen dispenser can be a bit of a pain to use. So for these inconveniences, I'm removing 1 lippie. I've since learned to get around the dispenser problem by clicking the pen 4 times or so before I start doing my makeup, then proceed to apply everything else as usual, and by the time I'm done with everything else all the glaze would have been clicked out onto the brush, so I don't have any issues with the nothing-coming-out-then-everything-wooshing-out problem that comes with such applicators. To be honest, I personally feel that the glaze is way too sticky for such a brush applicator, because its stickiness makes it ooze out very slowly and come out all at once. A wand applicator would be better IMHO. Also, for those who prefer some shimmer or glitter in their glosses, this is not for you, since Raspberry is totally shimmerless and glitterless. However it IS very shiny, so for those who like shine, this range of glazes is pretty good. Also, another issue I have is the cost - I only ever buy the lipglazes off discount sites, otherwise they are way too expensive for the amount you get. However, the good thing about this lipglaze is that I can imagine it working for a multitude of skintones, from dark to light, since it is so bright. A milder pink would probably not show up on darker skintones since the glazes in general are pretty sheer. The color is also, I feel, more suited to cool-toned girls, although because it is sheer I think warmer and neutral girls will definitely be able to try this as well, with the possible exception of a few. In short, I'd recommend this to you if you don't mind a sticky lipglaze, don't mind the price or applicator, and if you are cool-to-neutral toned girl who wants a bright, yet sheer pink gloss without any shimmer or glitter bits, but still has that shine. This is also probably pretty good for cooltoned girls with darker skins, since the bright pink does show up pretty well. For very warm-toned girls though, it's a good idea to try before you buy, otherwise it could potentially look too fushia. Overall, it didn't wow me at first, but now I reach for it more often than I imagined - I'd rebuy (on sale).