New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.3

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 3/14/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used to like this bronzing powder. I used to use this powder to touch up my face to get rid of shine and give me a nice and natural glow. Although I am a deeper skin tone, this powder matched my skin perfectly. I'm not sure if NYC change the formula but it does not blend very well into the skin and it leaves a white cast the face. This bronzer is a very chalky and powdery and does a so-so job of blending into the skin with alot of effort and a flat top brush. However, I would prefer if the formula was smoother. It comes off on the face as chalky with a hint of glitter. Just a cheap product that I wish I wouldn't have wasted a few dollars on. This is a product I would not repurchase.

on 8/26/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

For reference, I'm an NC45. I bought this product after seeing reviews on it and decided to give it a try. I paid roughly around $3 USD for this product. At first I thought it was way too light for my skin tone, but I swatched it and it is excellent. The consistency is smooth and not chalky. The pigmentation (on my skin tone) is not orange. The packaging came with a mirror, a little sponge (that I don't use), and a sturdy snap closure. I also don't think you can beat 3 bucks for a decent bronzer. On my skin tone, I think it provides a subtle contour to the face without looking like a stripe of bronzer. I would definitely recommend.

Edited to add: It's matte! A matte drugstore bronzer! *squeee* I also wanted to add that I swatched this on my wrist prepared with foundation (Maybelline Fit Me in 320 - close to an NC45) and set with translucent powder. The product came up as a subtle bronze color.

on 8/4/2010 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I bought this bronzer because I never used a bronzer before so I wanted to start out experimenting with something cheap. I think for the price its good and its matte but the packaging is cheap with no skin loving ingredients in it, the sponge included inside it is useless, it did not suit my darker complexion & left me greasy. I am not sure what the breakout was from, if it was because of this product or the other things I used. I might give it another try but may not buy again. Its worth a buy for beginners to bronzers who have lighter skin tones & need a d/s matte bronzer.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

i am NW45. dark skinned african american lady. I use it as blot powder over my foundation throughout the day, takes away that shiny oily look. and it is perfect to throw in my purse, i use a powder or kabuki brush to apply a light layer over my t-zones. love it!

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

I really like this bronzer. It gives you a natural looking glow and it is not shimmery or anything. I would definitely buy it again. It is also very cheap.

on 1/17/2010 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

There's really not much more that I can say that hasn't been covered by the many reviewers. The product is amazing. A matte bronzer that doesn't give a dirty ruddy look to my clients with more fair to medium skintones. What I wish is that this came in a deeper shade for more of us that are darker. Since no such shade exists, for those with tan to deeper skintones, I apply this, then use NYC's mosaic face powder in "all over bronze glow" on top of it for a subtle contour.