NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 6/3/2016 10:53:00 AM

Ahhhh why you break my heart NYC bronzer?! Super cheap (under $3), goes on smoothly matte and with the perfect color, lasts all day, yet gives me raging acne wherever it touches my face. And on my neck where drips of bronzer-tainted water landed when I washed my face at night.

Horrifying.

on 3/29/2016 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This bronzer is tried and true for me. I have back ups upon back ups and love that no matter what it is easily accessible at just about any drugstore/Wal-Mart. This is the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion and even blows most of my high end bronzers such a Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil out of the water! I had stopped using it for about a year in the midst of trying out new higher end products and it got pushed to the back of my makeup storage drawers - have recently re-discovered and am in love all over again.

This gives a truly natural warm up to the face without looking too orange or patchy on me, and doubles up amazingly as a crease shadow! If used on top of a cream bronzer it locks the color into place all day (I sometimes use it over Chanel Tan De Chanel universal cream bronzer to contour). Love this product, especially love the price tag at just $2.97 here in Canada. Will continue to use most probably for the rest of my life. :)

Side note: Only one slight downfall, the packaging is a little bit flimsy and the powder could easily shatter as the casing is not thick enough, but it comes with a decent sized pan that will fit most brushes and a huge mirror. Still gets 5 stars!

on 3/13/2016 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

While this product is inexpensive, it doesn't perform that great on me. I don't think it has the best color payoff and it also applies patchy on my skin.

on 4/23/2015 1:04:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product is actually really decent. It has good packaging and good colour payoff. For the price, this bronzer is excellent.

I won't repurchase because it doesn't do much for my skin. It's a little too close to my actual skin tone (when tan) and I don't consider it deep enough for when I'm lighter. I usually like more dramatic, darker bronzers and Sunny just isn't that.

However, it is a good matte powder that has a bit of shimmer that's subdued and natural looking. It wasn't chalky on me and didn't break me out. I actually wish it worked for me because it's so affordable and is a really good product for the price. It's cheap enough that people can easily give it a chance and try it out, and I recommend that. Even though it didn't work that well for me, I didn't regret the purchase and thought the product was well worth the money. I recommend this, especially for lighter skin tones and people who want a more natural, soft bronzer.

on 4/1/2015 8:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Love this bronzer for just a wash of color, and even though I have brown skin, it still gives me some noce definition to my face. I also love using this on my crease, when I'm feeling lazy.

on 12/29/2014 10:24:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

After several months of using this product in the spring, summer, fall and winter, I have found this is a great bronzer for the summer month's, when I have a tan. For the record, I have light olive skin that tans with no burning during the summer to a medium warm olive tone.

Method of Application: Spa Resource Pro-Series Stipple Brush

Packaging:

Very generous pan size, I have been using this on and off (approximately twice a week) since April and have only just hit a very small amount of pan (lots of product left). my only beef with the packaging is that due to the plastic that the mirror and lid will break off over time. Thinking that I may try to depot this and put it into a z pallet if possible.

Color/Tone:

Here this is my 50/50 situation with this product. The color is not too orange and makes a great bronzer during the spring/summer. This is a matte product. When I am at my darkest this can almost be a too light, so I do need to build up the color. I do love this for its intended use as a bronzer during the summer, however, I find that once my tan is gone this bronzer pull too much orange/red tones on my skin. This may just be me, As do tend to experience a fair bit of redness during the cooler months. This product is defiantly a bronzer, and unless it is the summer, I find the tones in the product make it far too warm toned to contour with, particularly during the winter when I am at my lightest. I can sometimes get away with using this as a light contour during the summer when I have a tan.

Lasting power:

This powder lasts fairly well on my skin throughout the day, however, I will often touch up at the 6 hour mark, but even without the touch up, this bronzer still lasts on the skin will.

Would I buy again?

Yes I would, during the spring and summer months. I do love the shade of this for a bronzer or a light contour during the summer, however, the color is not as well sutited for me during the months when I am lighter. For you are someone with naturally tanned skin, this may work for you as a bronzer throughout the year. As the color is no longer working for me, I am on hunt the for a more neutral toned powder to contour with during the winter and will pick this up again in the spring/summer.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I do not like this bronzer, for my skin tone. It disappears on me. It does not lasts. I falls right away. I am truly dissapointed with it because it is a must have if you are a makeup fan. There are other bronzers although expensive they are much better.

on 4/5/2014 9:55:00 PM

I have medium-dark skin, and after watching so many people on YT rave about this and say it didn't look orange or muddy, and it even showed up on medium skin tones, I bought it. Totally loved it at first (I use bronzer mostly as a contour). When summer rolled around I realized that I was kind of using this more as a setting powder....it didn't actually have that much color on my face, and I hit pan within two months. That's a pretty short time for a 9.4g product used solely for contouring. I would go for a darker contour....so I won't repurchase. I am still using it though, and it is a very light and pretty natural shade, I just like a deeper contour

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I fraking love this. Not orange at all. Matte. I can countour i can add glow. I dont even look like i bronzed. I just look like ive been outside. Not orange or fake at all. For the price? I love it

on 1/16/2014 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

PROS

- matte
- affordable
- makes a nice eye shadow

CONS

- sheer

COMMENTS: This isn't pigmented enough to use as a bronzer, however it works well when used as an eye shadow. I love using it as a transition shade.

Will repurchase.