New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Filtered by eye Color : Green
New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

I love this bronzer! It's completely matte with no shimmer whatsoever. The lack of shimmer makes it perfect for contouring, so I use it daily as a subtle contour on my fair skin. Will definitely repurchase when I run out, which could take a while because the product lasts such a long time.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

New York Color isn't so easy to come by nowadays, and I could only find this little treasure at Target, but it was worth the wait. I love a good medium-toned matte bronzer (think Hoola without the cha-ching), and this definitely fits the bill. It is not the most glamorous packaging but it is easy to toss in a makeup bag and not worry about, and you get a decent amount of product for an almost Dollar Tree worthy price tag.

This blends nicely and lasts through the day. It warms up my light-medium skin without looking muddy or orange. I am saddened that this isn't more widely available because this is a superb drugstore dupe for Hoola or Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced. If you come across it, it is definitely worth a try.

on 4/2/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Another product I wanted to love desperately! I've heard great things about this bronzer, especially since my fellow fair skinned sisters out there love it so much! I'm so sorry to say that I was not a fan of it!

Yes, the colour is GORGEOUS! Flawless and looks like it could do no harm while bronzing skin as white as sour cream. For me, because I'm more on the cooler side of my neutral skin tone, it made my skin look so muddy! NOOOO!! If my skin was a warmer tone, it would look fine, but it was too warm on me and it looked really muddy and just awful!!
I'm still on the hunt for a bronzer for me!
But glad a lot of you like Sunny out there! Because it does deserve some love! Just not from me :(

It is a perfect dupe for the Hula bronzer. It doesn't go orange on my skin however I am a bit tan, not as much since it's only February and Summer hasn't sprung yet. I think the reason people are saying it's orange is because they are on the lighter toned side. It is matte and it in a tiny compact with a makeup sponge, I find the sponge useless so I tossed it out. I like using my elf angled brush for contouring and highlighting.

on 11/16/2015 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I never used bronzer before this one because every one i tried made me look muddy or orange or had way too much shimmer. This one is PERFECT. I have fair skin, and it looks good on me with or without a tan. I love that it doesn't have all this glitter and shimmer. It is the perfect color - not too brown and not too orange. FINALLY, how can you say no to a product that is so cheap!

on 9/26/2015 2:55:00 PM

I am fair (NW15-20) and I have a NARS duo of Laguna/Orgasm but Laguna is too dark for my skin, and the shimmer bothers me. So I was looking for a bronzer that wouldn't break the bank but would look natural. I don't really see orange on my skin like some of the other reviewers. On me, it actually picks up the pink in my skin and looks a tad pinkish brown. Sort of like a slight burn that is turning tan. The packaging is very cheap plastic and it is difficult to snap the case shut. It's not great quality but I didn't expect that it would be for under $5.

on 4/6/2015 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

too orange.

on 1/18/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Terrific product that I use almost every day on my very fair skin, which gets even paler due to the slight white cast ANY sunscreen leaves on my face. "Wan" is not a good look on me. I use this very lightly with the big, fluffy Real Techniques blush brush (which is more like a powder brush in my opinion) as the last step in my face makeup routine (i.e., after sunscreen, foundation, and blush) to warm up my skin in areas that still seem a little pale. I don't really do contouring, so I can't comment on that use. However, I LOVE that it's matte, as I don't want glitter or sparkle all over my 40-year-old face, and it never irritates my very sensitive skin. Nor does it look orangey or muddy. The key for me is a LIGHT application with a brush - the little sponge applicator it comes with is useless and I tossed it immediately as soon as I opened the compact...the cheap, sh---- compact that is the only drawback of this product. I'm always afraid I'll snap the cover right off every time I open it. However, I paid less than $3 for this, and if it does break off, I'll just keep it in a ziplock.

on 1/12/2015 5:21:00 AM

I was looking for a bronzer for my very pale, very yellow undertoned skin. I heard about NYC Sunny and decided to give it a shot. I was pleasantly surprised. It is a nice matte bronzer for the price. I know a lot of reviews say if you are yellow undertoned then it will turn you orange, but this wasn't the case for me. It can look a bit overdone if you use too much which can be easily done because a little goes a LONG way, but as long as you use a light hand then you can avoid this. Overall, great product for the price and I'll definitely purchase again.

This is my HG bronzer. This bronzer blends so well onto the skin and is very buildable. The good thing about this bronzer is that you can never go overboard. This bronzer will only look good on light/fair skin tones as this bronzer is very light. The only reason I picked this up a year ago was because of all the hype from beauty gurus on You tube. The packaging could be much better but the product is great and so is the price.