New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer! This is the one that I was really excited to use daily when I was into warm-colored shades. It beats almost all high-end warm-toned bronzers in my collection - Nars, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Estes Lauder, Tom Ford, it's as good as Chanel.
The colour is great for my neutral to warm light medium skin tone. I don’t think it will suit well cool skin people, and it definitely won’t show up on tan or dark skins.
I love that the packaging it’s thin and light. It doesn’t come with some useless brush. The bronzer itself goes on smoothly and blends easily. I have a sensitive skin and this one didn't cause any breakouts. It's made for people with problematic skin.
Amazing product, especially for the price!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh gosh I LOVED this stuff for the longest time. It's so inexpensive and the color is so natural and buildable with NO shimmer. It's hard to find bronzers that don't make my fair skin look dirty or orange. Now for the sad part...the primary ingredient (as in many powders, especially less expensive ones) is talc. I didn't used to be concerned about makeup ingredients unless they were acne causing. Now I'm aware of the dangers of talc. It's a cancer causing ingredient and dangerous to breathe. In fact, many baby powders used to be made of talc until it was realized that it's harmful to breathe and is linked to ovarian cancer. I wish that I could not be bothered by this because I'm now being forced to reevaluate my makeup routine, but with a family history of cancer...the sacrifice that could potentially occur down the road doesn't seem worth it. Such a bummer though!!!

on 3/29/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer is tried and true for me. I have back ups upon back ups and love that no matter what it is easily accessible at just about any drugstore/Wal-Mart. This is the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion and even blows most of my high end bronzers such a Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil out of the water! I had stopped using it for about a year in the midst of trying out new higher end products and it got pushed to the back of my makeup storage drawers - have recently re-discovered and am in love all over again.

This gives a truly natural warm up to the face without looking too orange or patchy on me, and doubles up amazingly as a crease shadow! If used on top of a cream bronzer it locks the color into place all day (I sometimes use it over Chanel Tan De Chanel universal cream bronzer to contour). Love this product, especially love the price tag at just $2.97 here in Canada. Will continue to use most probably for the rest of my life. :)

Side note: Only one slight downfall, the packaging is a little bit flimsy and the powder could easily shatter as the casing is not thick enough, but it comes with a decent sized pan that will fit most brushes and a huge mirror. Still gets 5 stars!

on 12/6/2015 8:07:00 AM

This bronzer is a great bronzer and for the price even better. I have a fair complexion and this bronzer does not make it look muddy or the orange and the color payoff it really good!! It is a good bronzer for most skin tones and the formula is a texture this bronzer applies well and easy to blend. Check it out

This has quickly become my favourite bronzer of all time. It's one of the only bronzers I've ever tried that actually adds WARMTH to my skin rather than just making my face look orange/red. I've heard people compare this to Benefit's HOOLA bronzer, but from trying both of them myself I can definitely say that they are completely different in colour. Sunny is very warm toned whereas Hoola is quite neutral toned (I LOVE hoola for contouring!). I would definitely not recommend Sunny for contouring unless you have VERY warm toned skin, however as an all over bronzer it's absolutely amazing, plus it's dirt cheap.

on 7/30/2015 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I understand the hype of this product!
PROS: affordable, looks natural, it makes my skin look soft, buildable. It just gives your skin a beautiful color!

CONS: you only get a little bit of product, the packaging is a bit cheap but I can't complain cuz it's pretty inexpensive

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. Looked muddy and orange on my skin so I gave it to my sister. She put it on and got so frustrated with how terrible it looked that she threw it across the room and it shattered. Save the money, buy ELF

on 5/6/2015 6:25:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I got this a couple years ago and I didn't like it much, it was not pigmented at all and was dry. I had to scrub my brush into the pan to pick up product and it was a bit orange to me. I re-purchased recently because theres new packaging (a half moon mirror, half moon see thru packaging and it says city proof 10HR) which i don't know how new it is or if its even relevant but I thought id give it a shot since it was so popular (i know the hype around this bronzer kinda died down but who cares) I'm not sure if my last one was a dud or if everyones was like that but I was confused why everyone loved it.
This newer one I picked up was really different to me. It was actually pigmented and easy to blend. I have nothing bad to say about it. The packaging is fine, its smooth to the touch and swatches nicely. I don't know really what else to say but I think it's really lovely and I'd repurchase.

on 4/24/2015 10:36:00 AM

I had high hopes for this bronzer. Everyone raves about it, but it was very orange and chalky. It did not blend well. i do use it for eyeshadow sometimes, but would not recommend. very disappointed.

on 5/25/2014 11:39:00 PM

This is my favorite bronzer. I will never purchase a high end bronzer again. This is perfect for contouring.