New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Filtered by skin type : Combination
New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 7/3/2018 2:02:00 AM

My HG of bronzers! No shimmer, not too orange, not too dark, just perfect subtle warm summary bronze. When applied lightly this is very natural looking, but can be built up for a more dramatic tanned look. Lasts most of the. I even use this sometimes in my crease & outer v for a natural quick eye look. For reference , I’m about an NC 35

I love this bronzer! It's completely matte with no shimmer whatsoever. The lack of shimmer makes it perfect for contouring, so I use it daily as a subtle contour on my fair skin. Will definitely repurchase when I run out, which could take a while because the product lasts such a long time.

on 2/21/2017 9:30:00 PM

I like a muted bronzed look, and this delivered. I have light-medium skin depending on the season and a lot of bronzers are either verrrry orangey on me, or so super pigmented that they look muddy almost straight away.

I didn't have either problem with this! I can't stress enough when it comes to bronzer too much pigment is my enemy so if you like a very full on look this is probably not going to work well for you. I did trial building it up a bit and after 3 applications the colour changed and did go slightly orange, so if you're after strong bronzing give it a miss.

A light dusting around the outside of my face and down my nose gives me a very subtle look that brings a bit of dimension and colour back to me after foundation, and I found it wears quite well. I always set makeup with spray which helps.

For a few dollars this is a perfect bronzing powder for natural looks on lighter skin, and I don't think I could go without it.

on 12/21/2016 11:03:00 PM

I love the packaging and the color. However, it lasts only around 1 hour.

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 AM

I've used/tried Hoola, TF, Essence, Rimmel and a few others.. all good, but I keep coming back to this one and have stuck with it now for years. I believe I'm on my 3rd one, and I've still got a backup left. I vary from NC 15 to 20 and it always suits me. I use a duo fibre brush to apply it. Sometimes when I'm extra pale, I'll need to apply it on my neck so that it matches my face. It sounds SCARY but it works, it really looks natural and it never rubs off on the collar of my shirt either.
This stuff is a major staple and I use it everyday ( without looking like an over-bronzed hot mess).
The price is almost a joke too. If youre someone who is scared of using a bronzer for the first time and is worried about losing cash, this is a great way to start.. and you'll probably just stick with it!

on 10/21/2016 2:46:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago and I remember throwing it away after a short while. It was way too orange for me at the time, then again I did only have like one or two makeup brushes and I probably was heavy-handed. I don't know what made me try this again but I bought it again and I like it this time. I can't use a dense brush or else it will look really orange but as long as I use a loose fluffy brush it looks great on me. I also like to use it on my eyelids when I don't feel like going for a full eyeshadow look. you get a lot of product for cheap which is also a great benefit.

on 8/23/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I discovered this after one of my favorite Youtubers talked about it, and I truly love this product. I feel like it's a hidden gem and more people need to try this. i love combining this with my Hoolah bronzer. i use hoolah to contour and then use this to warm my skin up a bit. It's a perfect bronze without the orange. A little goes a long way as well. it's not cakey and goes on very silky. I love it@

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this bronzer, its warm toned so if you're cool toned you may not like this...However, on my warm light medium skin (as its now winter) I find it really natural and flattering.

The packaging could be better as I assume the plastic connection will break one day but the product is great and I'd definitely repurchase (despite the price inflation to find it here).

recommended

on 6/3/2016 10:53:00 AM

Ahhhh why you break my heart NYC bronzer?! Super cheap (under $3), goes on smoothly matte and with the perfect color, lasts all day, yet gives me raging acne wherever it touches my face. And on my neck where drips of bronzer-tainted water landed when I washed my face at night.

Horrifying.

on 3/29/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer is tried and true for me. I have back ups upon back ups and love that no matter what it is easily accessible at just about any drugstore/Wal-Mart. This is the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion and even blows most of my high end bronzers such a Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil out of the water! I had stopped using it for about a year in the midst of trying out new higher end products and it got pushed to the back of my makeup storage drawers - have recently re-discovered and am in love all over again.

This gives a truly natural warm up to the face without looking too orange or patchy on me, and doubles up amazingly as a crease shadow! If used on top of a cream bronzer it locks the color into place all day (I sometimes use it over Chanel Tan De Chanel universal cream bronzer to contour). Love this product, especially love the price tag at just $2.97 here in Canada. Will continue to use most probably for the rest of my life. :)

Side note: Only one slight downfall, the packaging is a little bit flimsy and the powder could easily shatter as the casing is not thick enough, but it comes with a decent sized pan that will fit most brushes and a huge mirror. Still gets 5 stars!