New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

4.2

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

New York Color isn't so easy to come by nowadays, and I could only find this little treasure at Target, but it was worth the wait. I love a good medium-toned matte bronzer (think Hoola without the cha-ching), and this definitely fits the bill. It is not the most glamorous packaging but it is easy to toss in a makeup bag and not worry about, and you get a decent amount of product for an almost Dollar Tree worthy price tag.

This blends nicely and lasts through the day. It warms up my light-medium skin without looking muddy or orange. I am saddened that this isn't more widely available because this is a superb drugstore dupe for Hoola or Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced. If you come across it, it is definitely worth a try.

on 4/1/2016 11:21:00 PM

I love the colour and feel! It's not super pigmented, so it won't show up crazy dark, which I love! The packaging is flimsy, and there's no hinge, so it feels like it might break after a while.... But overall, it's a great bronzer for such a low price :)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Not a fan. Looked muddy and orange on my skin so I gave it to my sister. She put it on and got so frustrated with how terrible it looked that she threw it across the room and it shattered. Save the money, buy ELF

on 6/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using NYC's Sunny bronzer for probably the last 7 years? I use it as a sort of "transition color" for my cheeks and apply it before I do my bronzing and contouring. After I apply my tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder, I use a brush to apply this near my temples, cheeks, and neckline . . . then do my bronzing and contouring over it. It just helps warm up my face, and helps my other products to blend easier. I'm tanned (NC42?), so this is not orange on me. I've never had any problems with this breaking me out or causing skin issues. I have repurchased many times. This may not be THE BEST out there, but it works well for me. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it? lol

on 11/11/2014 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I tried this bronzer today for the first time and I absolutely loved it! I have pale skin with cool undertones and this bronzer did a great job at contouring without creating a orangey/muddy color on my cheekbones and temples. I was amazed at how well it blended out so smoothly and effortlessly. I also used it to contour my nose (which I normally do as well). It is a great bronzer for contouring or if you just want simple color. After about 5 hours, the bronzer kept in great shape and didnt move or oxidize on my face!

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I have bought this two times since I've hit pan for the first. I really liiike this color. It's a very versatile color that goes well with probably all skin tones. I have used this as a bronzer and as a blush. It's also great for contouring. The color is very buildable/pigmented! The packaging is not that great, but hey, what do you expect from a product this low-priced? I would just say to be careful not to drop this, as it can break easily. This is definitely worth the buy and if you're considering purchasing a low-priced but well bronzer, I would recommend you giving this a try.

I've been using this for years. I think its a staple in my routine. Even through out the year I get lighter... tanner. I rely on this bonzer to even me out. I use this to blend out my countor (MAC- BLUNT which I HATE alone) GREAT PRODUCT. a little too orange for my skin tone in the winter not as orange as MAC's "give me sun). But if youre a light bronzer user this is worth the try. #1 go to bronzer aside from my guerlan . product it self is smooth, Not chalky or blotchy. Very comparable to a high end bronzer. Better than mac baked bronzers OVERALL

This is definitely a hidden gem in the drugstore!!! It is so extremely affordable yet it is absolutely amazing!! Who said you have to pay $30 for a good makeup product!! This is a warm (but not orangey) bronzer that looks so natural while still making your face look tan, slimmed and healthy. It also lasts a really long time!! I have had mine for over a year and have barley hit pan! I would definitely recommend!!!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse

I saw this in the store and didn't think it'd show up on me because I'm fairly tan, but after seeing Jlovesmac1 (one of the few beauty gurus to not wash out her tan skin) hype it up, I decided to buy it.
It's super cheap, barely hitting $3. It's simple packaging, not too extravagant. The plastic is cheap though. I like the mirror and the little sun imprint.

The actual product itself though isn't super pigmented for me, which is good, but there is a lot of fallout. Despite that, I have yet to hit pan on this. I use Ecotools angled blush/bronzer brush and it sculpts out my face pretty nicely, My face is naturally an oval shape, a bit on the round side.

I recommend this to peeps who actually have a tan, these negative reviews from pale people kinda give the product a bad name because they picked out the wrong bronzing color and blame it on the product. No, I find that unfair.

I'm yellow-toned but this doesn't look muddy or pink on me. I really like this product, however I have some cheekbones because of my mother so I don't have a huge need for contour.

on 4/17/2014 7:41:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is by far my HG bronzer!!!!! I have been using the NYC bronzer in Sunny for years now and I gotta say it is the best matte bronzer I have found and you can definitely use it as a contour if you're fair skinned as well because it is completely matte with no hint of shimmer.

This is just a great all purpose bronzer that shows up very nicely on my fair skin although it may not be suitable for darker skin tones. I really like the fact that it is matte so this product totally doubles as a contour and can be used to contour the entire face without having to worry about your whole face looking shimmery or glittery. The color is a nice natural bronze (not orangey or fake looking) that gives your skin the appearance that it was just kissed by the sun without a lot of shine or shimmer. If you are fair skinned and prefer a natural bronzer look than this is the product for you!

I like to use this product all over to contour and bronze my face and add color, the product goes on very smoothly and applies like a dream. I prefer this bronzer to all others that I have tried (and I've tried a lot) it is a great all purpose bronzer that applies easily and smoothly and looks good on! The packaging is a little cheap but I don't really care because the product itself is great and for the extremely low price you're paying (less than $3) you really get a bronzer that out-performs even the high end brands. Love this bronzer!