NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

NYC New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 9/5/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so beautiful. I never had a bronzer as it sounded scary on my pale skin, but after seeing many videos with adorable and natural results, I had to get one. I only owned a contour shade which was terrible, totally not fitting my needs, trying to use it as a bronzer with terrible results!
So, I looked for a cheap bronzer for beginners, and voilĂ  MUA came in help as usual. I got this today and couldn't wait to try it. I wrote on the telephone notes the correct shade and bought it without even looking...and once I got home, I realized it was the tester. Damn me!!! But I wanted to try it anyway, and I became even more sad because it looked so gorgeous and fitted for my face. Hopefully I will find it again.
Anyway, I read about the orange-ish shade of it and it sounded scary, but on pale skin with yellow undertones looks simply amazing and not orange at all. I would say I looked healthier and more 'alive'. It lasted perfectly all afternoon and evening.
Can't wait to have my own brand new bronzer!

on 6/26/2015 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is as good as it gets when you're talking about drugstore bronzes.
It is slightly orange (the least orange drugstore bronzer I've tried though) and therefore I wouldn't use it to contour. On the other side I could use this to warm up my skin though I barely use it for that purpose.
I actually like how this looks as a blush for my NW15 fair skin and that's how I use it.
It gives a pretty sunkissed look.
Overall I like it :)

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The number 1 reason I love this is because it's matte. No glitter! It's a great price, lasts a long time, you don't need much, and it's a pretty color. Not too dark or orange.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I wanted this for a long time and finally picked it up late last summer. I've waited a while to review it because I wanted to give it a fair shot and not jump to conclusions. It's a decent bronzer but please, girls and guys, please don't use it to contour. It's not a contouring powders. It's too warm for contouring, unless your skin tone is very warm or if you are self tanning and you happen to be a little orangey. This shade is very warm in tone and can be orangey on someone as pale as I tend to be in the winter time. When I use facial self tanner this looks good on me AS A BRONZER. I don't use this anywhere on my face except my cheek hollows and hair line. It is not appropriate for using anywhere else on the face--it could be used on the eye, I suppose, but I don't use it that way. The price is great for what you get--a huge compact of color. It's not chalky, in fact it's rather smooth and creamy. The packaging is fine for the price. NYC hit it out of the park with this one. I wouldn't buy it again as I will probably never use this use and I have other bronzers and contouring powders. I can tell why it's become a holy grail beauty product.

on 4/15/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this bronzer for about a year, hit major pan and thought my bronzer search was over. Then I discover Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil and The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 02 and realized that this NYC Sunny bronzer makes me orange. I didn't realize it at first because I didn't know any better. But the others are soooo much better. If you need a cheap, quick option for bronzer for fair skin -- this will fit the bill. But if you want something a little more natural-looking and more of a buttery texture -- opt for the other two mentioned here.

on 4/6/2015 11:22:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

too orange.

on 1/26/2015 10:53:00 PM

I love this bronzer not too dark but not too light !

this product is over-hyped hardcore. this product is terrible, and I do have fair skin and I do kno how to contour and all this did was look ORANGE on me its so ugly and a muddy color its just awful the only 2 good things is the price I payed about $2.80 for mine, and this works better as a eyeshadow than bronzer. I got it cuz I kept hearing people say this works for fair skin....WRONG!! its orange and muddy so that's a crock of shit. it also gave me tiny cystic zits under the skin. I hate this ugly bronzer but hey if you like to look fake and overally not healthy tan than some of you might like this.

This is my HG bronzer. This bronzer blends so well onto the skin and is very buildable. The good thing about this bronzer is that you can never go overboard. This bronzer will only look good on light/fair skin tones as this bronzer is very light. The only reason I picked this up a year ago was because of all the hype from beauty gurus on You tube. The packaging could be much better but the product is great and so is the price.

So affordable, such a great product and such a hidden gem. NYC is such a hit and miss brand but man did they hit it with this product. It is warm but not orangy and looks very healthy on my skin. Very long lasting, I would definitely recommend this to a lot of people!