New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

I don't use this for bronzer because it's just way too orange for my very fair skin imo. Instead I use it as an eyeshadow, mostly a crease shade and it's perfect for that use.
It stays on all day on my eyes and doesn't fade away. I use it mostly for bronzy gold looks in the summer.
Formula and pigmentation is amazing, formula is smooth and it blends amazingly and for the huge amount you get in this, using it as an eyeshadow instead of as a facial bronzer, it's a steal for the price at around $3.
Powdery kickup is minimal but you do get a little bit of kickup but it's not too bad and not enough to complain about and I have no fallout at all when I apply this to my eyes, no matter how much I pack onto my brush.
The sad part is I haven't seen this anywhere anymore so I'm wondering if it's been discontinued. I will be bummed if it is because this is amazing when used as an eyeshadow.
I paired this bronzer on the eyes today with Covergirl's Trunaked Goldens palette (huge thanks to ziggymama on the MUB for recommending this amazing palette to me!) and had used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Barely Branded as a base and the pairing of these 3 items yielded an amazing golden, subtly smoky and beautiful eye look. Perfect for summer!
If I do find this out in the wild I will be buying a backup for sure!
I highly recommended this bronzer as an eyeshadow, especially if you have this in your stash but it hasn't worked out as a face bronzer for you.

Great product - tasteful matte color that brightens up my face ever so slightly. Amazing price for the quality.

Very nice!! Normally I am not much on NYC, I'd rather use WnW but this is really good. It doesn't make my face too shiny or glittery. There is a fine line between too shimmery & glittery, this little gem toes the line quite well!! I noticed mine was opened or something somehow when I got it home but not worth the trip to replace it 10-15 miles since the product did not seem to be tampered with but it was missing its powder puff. I like the packaging & the mirror is a nice touch.

Nothing special! I have ALWAYS wanted to try this bronzer after hearing Raves,Raves,AND,Raves! About it on numerous sites AND YouTube UNFORTUNATLY NONE of my target/walgreens/CVS carried it and i DON'T have a Walmart/Rite-Aid near me :( I thought this might be a dupe for my HG bronzer HOOLA! By BeneFit :) A few days ago i went to see my Buddy in Novato (im in SF) i went to Rite-Aid to pick up some stuff their Rite-Aid is H-U-G-E and the cosmetics department is so B-I-G i almost had a panic attack when i saw this! I grabbed it as fast as i could it was O-N-L-Y $2.99 the next day i was Sooo eager to try it! I used a SMALL fluffy face brush to "BRONZE" my face i did NOT countour bcuz when i get new bronzers i want to make sure the color is nice for countouring :) The color in the pan looks EXACTLY like HOOLA! By BeneFit a MATTE warm brown with orange undertones but not TOO orange on my face it looked RED like a blush! I was a bit disappointed but for blush i thought it would work well i have to admit it looks like a natural bronzey hue :) I liked it UNTIL i looked in the Mirror 2 hours l8r the staying power is just SURREAL it had ALL faded all i could see was a reddish/pinkish hue where i had applied bronzer previously. GLADLY it was only $2.99 but overall im not TOO impressed!

on 9/15/2013 10:15:00 PM

This is not very pigmented at all. I'm pretty pale and I couldn't get it to show up no matter how much I applied. I really wish it was darker because I love the packaging and price.

on 7/26/2013 9:29:00 AM

This bronzer is amazing. It is not too cakey, and not too heavy. I never cared for bronzer much before i bought this one and now I contour my cheekbones with this almost everyday.

on 8/12/2012 5:39:00 PM

This is a decent matte, drugstore bronzer, but I find that it is too orangey.

Sometimes as i walk down the isles looking for makeup i cant help but think about how weird all the different types of makeup are! Powder that turns to liquid, liquid that turns to powder, different bottles and contraptions that can physically get the makeup ON your face. But this is a nice break from the confusion. This Is A Bronzer. Nothing more, nothing less. It wont turn you orange, it wont break you out, it wont be a glitter bomb, this is just good useful inexpensive bronzer that everyone should have:)

on 1/9/2012 10:51:00 AM

Not a fan of this product. I found it hard to pick up any product on my brush and barely noticed any difference in my skin tone. I hate the packaging. It's so cheap and I feel like it is going to break everytime I use it. I'd rather spend the money on something that works and is more sturdy.

on 10/31/2011 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've been using this bronzer daily for the last couple of weeks. It's a beautiful color not quite brown not quite orange it gives my C3 coloring a healthy glow. I always have to use some sort of blush or bronzer to look alive and give my yellowish skin some color and this is super easy to apply with a fluffy brush on my cheeks, forehead, and a bit on my nose. I haven't touched my Nars laguna or MACs refined golden since I started using this. Its seems those two bronzers can look a little muddy when reapplied throughout the day and sunny is nice and light it doesn't look splotchy after a few hours of wear. In fact I depotted sunny from it's cheap flimsy packaging and refined golden from the Mac compact and switched the two, they fit perfectly! I have been using sunny as a setting powder for my kiehls tinted moisturizer in light, since it's a tad bit light for me and the coverage of these two products together is phenomenal, my skin looks flawless but natural, not too made up. I'm really happy I found such a good product for under $3 I will definitely repurchase when I'm out.