New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

I love this bronzer! It's completely matte with no shimmer whatsoever. The lack of shimmer makes it perfect for contouring, so I use it daily as a subtle contour on my fair skin. Will definitely repurchase when I run out, which could take a while because the product lasts such a long time.

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 AM

I've used/tried Hoola, TF, Essence, Rimmel and a few others.. all good, but I keep coming back to this one and have stuck with it now for years. I believe I'm on my 3rd one, and I've still got a backup left. I vary from NC 15 to 20 and it always suits me. I use a duo fibre brush to apply it. Sometimes when I'm extra pale, I'll need to apply it on my neck so that it matches my face. It sounds SCARY but it works, it really looks natural and it never rubs off on the collar of my shirt either.
This stuff is a major staple and I use it everyday ( without looking like an over-bronzed hot mess).
The price is almost a joke too. If youre someone who is scared of using a bronzer for the first time and is worried about losing cash, this is a great way to start.. and you'll probably just stick with it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

New York Color isn't so easy to come by nowadays, and I could only find this little treasure at Target, but it was worth the wait. I love a good medium-toned matte bronzer (think Hoola without the cha-ching), and this definitely fits the bill. It is not the most glamorous packaging but it is easy to toss in a makeup bag and not worry about, and you get a decent amount of product for an almost Dollar Tree worthy price tag.

This blends nicely and lasts through the day. It warms up my light-medium skin without looking muddy or orange. I am saddened that this isn't more widely available because this is a superb drugstore dupe for Hoola or Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced. If you come across it, it is definitely worth a try.

on 9/5/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so beautiful. I never had a bronzer as it sounded scary on my pale skin, but after seeing many videos with adorable and natural results, I had to get one. I only owned a contour shade which was terrible, totally not fitting my needs, trying to use it as a bronzer with terrible results!
So, I looked for a cheap bronzer for beginners, and voilĂ  MUA came in help as usual. I got this today and couldn't wait to try it. I wrote on the telephone notes the correct shade and bought it without even looking...and once I got home, I realized it was the tester. Damn me!!! But I wanted to try it anyway, and I became even more sad because it looked so gorgeous and fitted for my face. Hopefully I will find it again.
Anyway, I read about the orange-ish shade of it and it sounded scary, but on pale skin with yellow undertones looks simply amazing and not orange at all. I would say I looked healthier and more 'alive'. It lasted perfectly all afternoon and evening.
Can't wait to have my own brand new bronzer!

on 4/2/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Another product I wanted to love desperately! I've heard great things about this bronzer, especially since my fellow fair skinned sisters out there love it so much! I'm so sorry to say that I was not a fan of it!

Yes, the colour is GORGEOUS! Flawless and looks like it could do no harm while bronzing skin as white as sour cream. For me, because I'm more on the cooler side of my neutral skin tone, it made my skin look so muddy! NOOOO!! If my skin was a warmer tone, it would look fine, but it was too warm on me and it looked really muddy and just awful!!
I'm still on the hunt for a bronzer for me!
But glad a lot of you like Sunny out there! Because it does deserve some love! Just not from me :(

on 4/1/2016 11:21:00 PM

I love the colour and feel! It's not super pigmented, so it won't show up crazy dark, which I love! The packaging is flimsy, and there's no hinge, so it feels like it might break after a while.... But overall, it's a great bronzer for such a low price :)

Edit 2 years later: still one of my favourite bronzers! The shade is just warm enough to make me look nice and tan so I really like putting this on my cheeks. It's not too orange so it doesn't look odd. The only complaint is the plastic packaging as I feel like if I bend it too much it'll break off, but it's so cheap that it doesn't really matter. I've just hit pan on it and I plan on repurchasing when I run out.

on 3/15/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this bronzer it isn't glittery or sparkly it's great for contouring. The only downside is the amount of fallout you get when using this product

This has quickly become my favourite bronzer of all time. It's one of the only bronzers I've ever tried that actually adds WARMTH to my skin rather than just making my face look orange/red. I've heard people compare this to Benefit's HOOLA bronzer, but from trying both of them myself I can definitely say that they are completely different in colour. Sunny is very warm toned whereas Hoola is quite neutral toned (I LOVE hoola for contouring!). I would definitely not recommend Sunny for contouring unless you have VERY warm toned skin, however as an all over bronzer it's absolutely amazing, plus it's dirt cheap.

on 9/26/2015 2:55:00 PM

I am fair (NW15-20) and I have a NARS duo of Laguna/Orgasm but Laguna is too dark for my skin, and the shimmer bothers me. So I was looking for a bronzer that wouldn't break the bank but would look natural. I don't really see orange on my skin like some of the other reviewers. On me, it actually picks up the pink in my skin and looks a tad pinkish brown. Sort of like a slight burn that is turning tan. The packaging is very cheap plastic and it is difficult to snap the case shut. It's not great quality but I didn't expect that it would be for under $5.

It goes on nicely, is cheap and the packaging is nice but the color seems too orange to me.