New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have an asian medium skintone and I kind of have to build this up to show up on my skin. It has an orange undertone so don't put too much or it will really look orange on your cheeks. I quite like it, the color is nice- it makes your skin look so sunkissed/tan and I just noticed that this lasted on me for more than eight hours which is really good considering that I have oily skin. The only reason why I won't be repurchasing this again is because I am a bronzer junkie and I love trying out bronzers from different brands (and I haven't hit pan on any of them yet- which is my mission because I feel like I'm wasting money if I don't use up!) and to be honest I haven't really found my HG bronzer yet. For the price this is really a steal and is a good quality drugstore bronzer! Give it a try, it's not bad at all and a lot of people say that this is a dupe for the hoola bronzer which I'm yet to try one day!

on 2/21/2017 9:30:00 PM

I like a muted bronzed look, and this delivered. I have light-medium skin depending on the season and a lot of bronzers are either verrrry orangey on me, or so super pigmented that they look muddy almost straight away.

I didn't have either problem with this! I can't stress enough when it comes to bronzer too much pigment is my enemy so if you like a very full on look this is probably not going to work well for you. I did trial building it up a bit and after 3 applications the colour changed and did go slightly orange, so if you're after strong bronzing give it a miss.

A light dusting around the outside of my face and down my nose gives me a very subtle look that brings a bit of dimension and colour back to me after foundation, and I found it wears quite well. I always set makeup with spray which helps.

For a few dollars this is a perfect bronzing powder for natural looks on lighter skin, and I don't think I could go without it.

on 12/21/2016 11:03:00 PM

I love the packaging and the color. However, it lasts only around 1 hour.

on 12/6/2016 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely horrible bronzer.

I've got acne prone oily skin with flaky and uneven patches/some active zits. My nose's biggest problems are blackheads, and being flat, crooked, and wide. All I wanted was to create a little definition. I used a foundation brush, my regular powder to mellow the color (didn't work--this is too unflattering a shade on its own to be left alone but every time I tried to minimize the harsh lines I erased my week), and a powder puff to attempt melding colors.

I was desperate for something so I gave this a chance to experiment with contouring my nose.

I have light yellow skin, typically the second or third shade in a foundation line to give you some idea what my skin is like - and this not only looked disgusting, obvious and orange in the mirror, but in photos (I had hoped it was nerves. Nope!)

If you want to contour your nose into a big ugly clown schnoz and make it look like you've caked your face in orange dirt, by all means use this. Until then I think I'm just going to give up on contouring or try a darker shade of foundation.

Don't use this bronzer. It's crap. It's not yellow-undertoned, it's not pink, it's not red; just crap. The texture sucks too, so there's no real "blending" or buffing without undoing your work, probably even if you have perfect skin with no pores or imperfections.

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 AM

I've used/tried Hoola, TF, Essence, Rimmel and a few others.. all good, but I keep coming back to this one and have stuck with it now for years. I believe I'm on my 3rd one, and I've still got a backup left. I vary from NC 15 to 20 and it always suits me. I use a duo fibre brush to apply it. Sometimes when I'm extra pale, I'll need to apply it on my neck so that it matches my face. It sounds SCARY but it works, it really looks natural and it never rubs off on the collar of my shirt either.
This stuff is a major staple and I use it everyday ( without looking like an over-bronzed hot mess).
The price is almost a joke too. If youre someone who is scared of using a bronzer for the first time and is worried about losing cash, this is a great way to start.. and you'll probably just stick with it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

New York Color isn't so easy to come by nowadays, and I could only find this little treasure at Target, but it was worth the wait. I love a good medium-toned matte bronzer (think Hoola without the cha-ching), and this definitely fits the bill. It is not the most glamorous packaging but it is easy to toss in a makeup bag and not worry about, and you get a decent amount of product for an almost Dollar Tree worthy price tag.

This blends nicely and lasts through the day. It warms up my light-medium skin without looking muddy or orange. I am saddened that this isn't more widely available because this is a superb drugstore dupe for Hoola or Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced. If you come across it, it is definitely worth a try.

on 10/21/2016 2:46:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago and I remember throwing it away after a short while. It was way too orange for me at the time, then again I did only have like one or two makeup brushes and I probably was heavy-handed. I don't know what made me try this again but I bought it again and I like it this time. I can't use a dense brush or else it will look really orange but as long as I use a loose fluffy brush it looks great on me. I also like to use it on my eyelids when I don't feel like going for a full eyeshadow look. you get a lot of product for cheap which is also a great benefit.

on 9/5/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is so beautiful. I never had a bronzer as it sounded scary on my pale skin, but after seeing many videos with adorable and natural results, I had to get one. I only owned a contour shade which was terrible, totally not fitting my needs, trying to use it as a bronzer with terrible results!
So, I looked for a cheap bronzer for beginners, and voilĂ  MUA came in help as usual. I got this today and couldn't wait to try it. I wrote on the telephone notes the correct shade and bought it without even looking...and once I got home, I realized it was the tester. Damn me!!! But I wanted to try it anyway, and I became even more sad because it looked so gorgeous and fitted for my face. Hopefully I will find it again.
Anyway, I read about the orange-ish shade of it and it sounded scary, but on pale skin with yellow undertones looks simply amazing and not orange at all. I would say I looked healthier and more 'alive'. It lasted perfectly all afternoon and evening.
Can't wait to have my own brand new bronzer!

on 8/23/2016 1:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I discovered this after one of my favorite Youtubers talked about it, and I truly love this product. I feel like it's a hidden gem and more people need to try this. i love combining this with my Hoolah bronzer. i use hoolah to contour and then use this to warm my skin up a bit. It's a perfect bronze without the orange. A little goes a long way as well. it's not cakey and goes on very silky. I love it@

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Perfect dupe for the benefit hoola but I don't see this in my local drugstores anymore:(
went back to my hoola again

Hit pan on this bronzer, dropped it quite a few times so the top broke