New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 7/3/2018 2:02:00 AM

My HG of bronzers! No shimmer, not too orange, not too dark, just perfect subtle warm summary bronze. When applied lightly this is very natural looking, but can be built up for a more dramatic tanned look. Lasts most of the. I even use this sometimes in my crease & outer v for a natural quick eye look. For reference , I’m about an NC 35

I love this bronzer! It's completely matte with no shimmer whatsoever. The lack of shimmer makes it perfect for contouring, so I use it daily as a subtle contour on my fair skin. Will definitely repurchase when I run out, which could take a while because the product lasts such a long time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this bronzer! This is the one that I was really excited to use daily when I was into warm-colored shades. It beats almost all high-end warm-toned bronzers in my collection - Nars, Bobbi Brown, Guerlain, Estes Lauder, Tom Ford, it's as good as Chanel.
The colour is great for my neutral to warm light medium skin tone. I don’t think it will suit well cool skin people, and it definitely won’t show up on tan or dark skins.
I love that the packaging it’s thin and light. It doesn’t come with some useless brush. The bronzer itself goes on smoothly and blends easily. I have a sensitive skin and this one didn't cause any breakouts. It's made for people with problematic skin.
Amazing product, especially for the price!

I don't use this for bronzer because it's just way too orange for my very fair skin imo. Instead I use it as an eyeshadow, mostly a crease shade and it's perfect for that use.
It stays on all day on my eyes and doesn't fade away. I use it mostly for bronzy gold looks in the summer.
Formula and pigmentation is amazing, formula is smooth and it blends amazingly and for the huge amount you get in this, using it as an eyeshadow instead of as a facial bronzer, it's a steal for the price at around $3.
Powdery kickup is minimal but you do get a little bit of kickup but it's not too bad and not enough to complain about and I have no fallout at all when I apply this to my eyes, no matter how much I pack onto my brush.
The sad part is I haven't seen this anywhere anymore so I'm wondering if it's been discontinued. I will be bummed if it is because this is amazing when used as an eyeshadow.
I paired this bronzer on the eyes today with Covergirl's Trunaked Goldens palette (huge thanks to ziggymama on the MUB for recommending this amazing palette to me!) and had used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Barely Branded as a base and the pairing of these 3 items yielded an amazing golden, subtly smoky and beautiful eye look. Perfect for summer!
If I do find this out in the wild I will be buying a backup for sure!
I highly recommended this bronzer as an eyeshadow, especially if you have this in your stash but it hasn't worked out as a face bronzer for you.

on 12/20/2017 11:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A lil bit hard to open, but it comes with a mirror! And for three dollars... Such a gorgeous, natural bronzer. Makes you look goddess-like. Would definitely buy over and over again. Only downside is there's only one color and it doesn't suit darker skinned people because it wouldn't show up. But still, overall a wonderful bronzer that applies great and looks great and stays a-slayin' on your skin!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I have an asian medium skintone and I kind of have to build this up to show up on my skin. It has an orange undertone so don't put too much or it will really look orange on your cheeks. I quite like it, the color is nice- it makes your skin look so sunkissed/tan and I just noticed that this lasted on me for more than eight hours which is really good considering that I have oily skin. The only reason why I won't be repurchasing this again is because I am a bronzer junkie and I love trying out bronzers from different brands (and I haven't hit pan on any of them yet- which is my mission because I feel like I'm wasting money if I don't use up!) and to be honest I haven't really found my HG bronzer yet. For the price this is really a steal and is a good quality drugstore bronzer! Give it a try, it's not bad at all and a lot of people say that this is a dupe for the hoola bronzer which I'm yet to try one day!

on 2/21/2017 9:30:00 PM

I like a muted bronzed look, and this delivered. I have light-medium skin depending on the season and a lot of bronzers are either verrrry orangey on me, or so super pigmented that they look muddy almost straight away.

I didn't have either problem with this! I can't stress enough when it comes to bronzer too much pigment is my enemy so if you like a very full on look this is probably not going to work well for you. I did trial building it up a bit and after 3 applications the colour changed and did go slightly orange, so if you're after strong bronzing give it a miss.

A light dusting around the outside of my face and down my nose gives me a very subtle look that brings a bit of dimension and colour back to me after foundation, and I found it wears quite well. I always set makeup with spray which helps.

For a few dollars this is a perfect bronzing powder for natural looks on lighter skin, and I don't think I could go without it.

on 12/21/2016 11:03:00 PM

I love the packaging and the color. However, it lasts only around 1 hour.

on 12/6/2016 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely horrible bronzer.

I've got acne prone oily skin with flaky and uneven patches/some active zits. My nose's biggest problems are blackheads, and being flat, crooked, and wide. All I wanted was to create a little definition. I used a foundation brush, my regular powder to mellow the color (didn't work--this is too unflattering a shade on its own to be left alone but every time I tried to minimize the harsh lines I erased my week), and a powder puff to attempt melding colors.

I was desperate for something so I gave this a chance to experiment with contouring my nose.

I have light yellow skin, typically the second or third shade in a foundation line to give you some idea what my skin is like - and this not only looked disgusting, obvious and orange in the mirror, but in photos (I had hoped it was nerves. Nope!)

If you want to contour your nose into a big ugly clown schnoz and make it look like you've caked your face in orange dirt, by all means use this. Until then I think I'm just going to give up on contouring or try a darker shade of foundation.

Don't use this bronzer. It's crap. It's not yellow-undertoned, it's not pink, it's not red; just crap. The texture sucks too, so there's no real "blending" or buffing without undoing your work, probably even if you have perfect skin with no pores or imperfections.

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 AM

I've used/tried Hoola, TF, Essence, Rimmel and a few others.. all good, but I keep coming back to this one and have stuck with it now for years. I believe I'm on my 3rd one, and I've still got a backup left. I vary from NC 15 to 20 and it always suits me. I use a duo fibre brush to apply it. Sometimes when I'm extra pale, I'll need to apply it on my neck so that it matches my face. It sounds SCARY but it works, it really looks natural and it never rubs off on the collar of my shirt either.
This stuff is a major staple and I use it everyday ( without looking like an over-bronzed hot mess).
The price is almost a joke too. If youre someone who is scared of using a bronzer for the first time and is worried about losing cash, this is a great way to start.. and you'll probably just stick with it!