New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Face Powder in Sunny 720

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Perfect dupe for the benefit hoola but I don't see this in my local drugstores anymore:(
went back to my hoola again

Hit pan on this bronzer, dropped it quite a few times so the top broke

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this bronzer, its warm toned so if you're cool toned you may not like this...However, on my warm light medium skin (as its now winter) I find it really natural and flattering.

The packaging could be better as I assume the plastic connection will break one day but the product is great and I'd definitely repurchase (despite the price inflation to find it here).

recommended

To Read all 654 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/3/2016 10:53:00 AM

Ahhhh why you break my heart NYC bronzer?! Super cheap (under $3), goes on smoothly matte and with the perfect color, lasts all day, yet gives me raging acne wherever it touches my face. And on my neck where drips of bronzer-tainted water landed when I washed my face at night.

Horrifying.

on 5/31/2016 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a very popular bronzer on youtube. It's matte(I have oily skin so no shimmer for me please), it doesn't irritate me, it's very affordable, those are the pros for me.
The biggest con is that It's on the orangey side, so I don't recommend this for girls with cool undertones as it can look very fake. If you have warm undertones it might work for you.
I have neutral-yellow undertones so it kind of works for me but I use a very little amount otherwise the orange color doesn't look natural at all. It's best used as a very subtle bronzer to warm up the skin a little.
From the same company I much prefer the mosaic face powder in the shade all over bronze glow (which is matte by the way, no glow). That one is a warm matte bronzer, more bold than this one and without the orange color of the sunny bronzer.
I don't think I will repurchase this

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh gosh I LOVED this stuff for the longest time. It's so inexpensive and the color is so natural and buildable with NO shimmer. It's hard to find bronzers that don't make my fair skin look dirty or orange. Now for the sad part...the primary ingredient (as in many powders, especially less expensive ones) is talc. I didn't used to be concerned about makeup ingredients unless they were acne causing. Now I'm aware of the dangers of talc. It's a cancer causing ingredient and dangerous to breathe. In fact, many baby powders used to be made of talc until it was realized that it's harmful to breathe and is linked to ovarian cancer. I wish that I could not be bothered by this because I'm now being forced to reevaluate my makeup routine, but with a family history of cancer...the sacrifice that could potentially occur down the road doesn't seem worth it. Such a bummer though!!!

on 4/2/2016 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Another product I wanted to love desperately! I've heard great things about this bronzer, especially since my fellow fair skinned sisters out there love it so much! I'm so sorry to say that I was not a fan of it!

Yes, the colour is GORGEOUS! Flawless and looks like it could do no harm while bronzing skin as white as sour cream. For me, because I'm more on the cooler side of my neutral skin tone, it made my skin look so muddy! NOOOO!! If my skin was a warmer tone, it would look fine, but it was too warm on me and it looked really muddy and just awful!!
I'm still on the hunt for a bronzer for me!
But glad a lot of you like Sunny out there! Because it does deserve some love! Just not from me :(

on 4/1/2016 11:21:00 PM

I love the colour and feel! It's not super pigmented, so it won't show up crazy dark, which I love! The packaging is flimsy, and there's no hinge, so it feels like it might break after a while.... But overall, it's a great bronzer for such a low price :)

on 3/29/2016 9:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer is tried and true for me. I have back ups upon back ups and love that no matter what it is easily accessible at just about any drugstore/Wal-Mart. This is the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion and even blows most of my high end bronzers such a Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil out of the water! I had stopped using it for about a year in the midst of trying out new higher end products and it got pushed to the back of my makeup storage drawers - have recently re-discovered and am in love all over again.

This gives a truly natural warm up to the face without looking too orange or patchy on me, and doubles up amazingly as a crease shadow! If used on top of a cream bronzer it locks the color into place all day (I sometimes use it over Chanel Tan De Chanel universal cream bronzer to contour). Love this product, especially love the price tag at just $2.97 here in Canada. Will continue to use most probably for the rest of my life. :)

Side note: Only one slight downfall, the packaging is a little bit flimsy and the powder could easily shatter as the casing is not thick enough, but it comes with a decent sized pan that will fit most brushes and a huge mirror. Still gets 5 stars!

on 3/15/2016 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I love this bronzer it isn't glittery or sparkly it's great for contouring. The only downside is the amount of fallout you get when using this product

on 3/14/2016 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I used to like this bronzing powder. I used to use this powder to touch up my face to get rid of shine and give me a nice and natural glow. Although I am a deeper skin tone, this powder matched my skin perfectly. I'm not sure if NYC change the formula but it does not blend very well into the skin and it leaves a white cast the face. This bronzer is a very chalky and powdery and does a so-so job of blending into the skin with alot of effort and a flat top brush. However, I would prefer if the formula was smoother. It comes off on the face as chalky with a hint of glitter. Just a cheap product that I wish I wouldn't have wasted a few dollars on. This is a product I would not repurchase.