New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

I don't use this for bronzer because it's just way too orange for my very fair skin imo. Instead I use it as an eyeshadow, mostly a crease shade and it's perfect for that use.
It stays on all day on my eyes and doesn't fade away. I use it mostly for bronzy gold looks in the summer.
Formula and pigmentation is amazing, formula is smooth and it blends amazingly and for the huge amount you get in this, using it as an eyeshadow instead of as a facial bronzer, it's a steal for the price at around $3.
Powdery kickup is minimal but you do get a little bit of kickup but it's not too bad and not enough to complain about and I have no fallout at all when I apply this to my eyes, no matter how much I pack onto my brush.
The sad part is I haven't seen this anywhere anymore so I'm wondering if it's been discontinued. I will be bummed if it is because this is amazing when used as an eyeshadow.
I paired this bronzer on the eyes today with Covergirl's Trunaked Goldens palette (huge thanks to ziggymama on the MUB for recommending this amazing palette to me!) and had used Maybelline's Color Tattoo in Barely Branded as a base and the pairing of these 3 items yielded an amazing golden, subtly smoky and beautiful eye look. Perfect for summer!
If I do find this out in the wild I will be buying a backup for sure!
I highly recommended this bronzer as an eyeshadow, especially if you have this in your stash but it hasn't worked out as a face bronzer for you.

on 4/15/2015 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I used this bronzer for about a year, hit major pan and thought my bronzer search was over. Then I discover Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil and The Body Shop Honey Bronzer in 02 and realized that this NYC Sunny bronzer makes me orange. I didn't realize it at first because I didn't know any better. But the others are soooo much better. If you need a cheap, quick option for bronzer for fair skin -- this will fit the bill. But if you want something a little more natural-looking and more of a buttery texture -- opt for the other two mentioned here.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a great bronzer for fair skin. I love it. It goes on well, feels light, a little goes a long way, wears well, and to boot it is crazy affordable and can be found almost everywhere. I love this product!

on 1/18/2015 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Terrific product that I use almost every day on my very fair skin, which gets even paler due to the slight white cast ANY sunscreen leaves on my face. "Wan" is not a good look on me. I use this very lightly with the big, fluffy Real Techniques blush brush (which is more like a powder brush in my opinion) as the last step in my face makeup routine (i.e., after sunscreen, foundation, and blush) to warm up my skin in areas that still seem a little pale. I don't really do contouring, so I can't comment on that use. However, I LOVE that it's matte, as I don't want glitter or sparkle all over my 40-year-old face, and it never irritates my very sensitive skin. Nor does it look orangey or muddy. The key for me is a LIGHT application with a brush - the little sponge applicator it comes with is useless and I tossed it immediately as soon as I opened the compact...the cheap, sh---- compact that is the only drawback of this product. I'm always afraid I'll snap the cover right off every time I open it. However, I paid less than $3 for this, and if it does break off, I'll just keep it in a ziplock.

on 6/25/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this after seeing it on Beauty Broadcast (EmilyNoel83). I am very fair with neutral undertones (NW15) and I like to use a light matte bronzer for light contouring & also to warm up my face a bit. To clarify, I really don't do true contouring. I typically just use a bit of matte bronzer on my forehead & lightly under my cheekbones, more to warm up my face, and Sunny is great for that. I think I paid less than $3 for the NYC Sunny. For reference, the packaging is cheap and not fantastic. It is a light brown plastic compact and while it does snap & stay closed, it feels cheap. However, the bronzer itself is well worth putting up with that. Sunny is a slightly warm, light to medium matte bronzer. It is too warm to use it as a true contour; If you're looking for a cool or neutral tone for contouring, you won't want to use this. However, for my usage, it works great. It isn't too red, orange, shimmery, muddy, crazy dark, or any of the other negatives that typically come with drugstore bronzers. Sunny gives a very natural look, and it's easy to apply and blend. This is just a great, inexpensive matte bronzer, particularly for those with fair or light skintones. It does lean warm, so it's probably going to work better for the "NWs" (cool or neutral toned folks). I have one of these in my travel kit and just bought one for an everyday user in my regular stash. It's so cheap, I'll always have this on hand.

on 5/22/2014 9:04:00 PM

I purchase and purchase again and again. Bestest Bronzer Evvvvahhh.

Very nice!! Normally I am not much on NYC, I'd rather use WnW but this is really good. It doesn't make my face too shiny or glittery. There is a fine line between too shimmery & glittery, this little gem toes the line quite well!! I noticed mine was opened or something somehow when I got it home but not worth the trip to replace it 10-15 miles since the product did not seem to be tampered with but it was missing its powder puff. I like the packaging & the mirror is a nice touch.

on 5/6/2014 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This bronzer gives such a natural glow to my face, like I've been out in the sun. It doesn't make me look orange or like I have dirt on my face. I was totally sold on this bronzer when a coworker told me the other day that I had such a nice glow to my face. He wanted to know how I got such a nice tan when it had rained for 3 consecutive days. Lol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE this product. I'm a fair/neutral redhead and this is just perfect for adding a bit of color and sunshine...the price point can't be beat and it's been gentle on my very acne prone/sensitive skin.

on 2/1/2014 10:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This bronzer did not work for me at all. For reference, i have light olive/warm skin (i'm half Asian),combination skin leaning towards dry. It turns orange on me immediately, and is also somewhat patchy on application. I'm sure if you're cool-toned, this would probably work. It is matte with no sparkle, so I guess that's a plus (don't find many drugstore bronzers like that).