New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

New York Color Smooth Skin Bronzing Powder - Sunny

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

Talc/Ethylhexyl Palmitate/Zinc Stearate/Silica/Kaolin/Aluminum Starch Octenylscucinate/Imidazolidinyl Urea/Methylparaben/Propylparaben. May Contain Mica/Titanium Dioxide/Iron Oxides.

on 12/6/2016 7:38:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Absolutely horrible bronzer.

I've got acne prone oily skin with flaky and uneven patches/some active zits. My nose's biggest problems are blackheads, and being flat, crooked, and wide. All I wanted was to create a little definition. I used a foundation brush, my regular powder to mellow the color (didn't work--this is too unflattering a shade on its own to be left alone but every time I tried to minimize the harsh lines I erased my week), and a powder puff to attempt melding colors.

I was desperate for something so I gave this a chance to experiment with contouring my nose.

I have light yellow skin, typically the second or third shade in a foundation line to give you some idea what my skin is like - and this not only looked disgusting, obvious and orange in the mirror, but in photos (I had hoped it was nerves. Nope!)

If you want to contour your nose into a big ugly clown schnoz and make it look like you've caked your face in orange dirt, by all means use this. Until then I think I'm just going to give up on contouring or try a darker shade of foundation.

Don't use this bronzer. It's crap. It's not yellow-undertoned, it's not pink, it's not red; just crap. The texture sucks too, so there's no real "blending" or buffing without undoing your work, probably even if you have perfect skin with no pores or imperfections.

on 12/4/2016 12:50:00 AM

I've used/tried Hoola, TF, Essence, Rimmel and a few others.. all good, but I keep coming back to this one and have stuck with it now for years. I believe I'm on my 3rd one, and I've still got a backup left. I vary from NC 15 to 20 and it always suits me. I use a duo fibre brush to apply it. Sometimes when I'm extra pale, I'll need to apply it on my neck so that it matches my face. It sounds SCARY but it works, it really looks natural and it never rubs off on the collar of my shirt either.
This stuff is a major staple and I use it everyday ( without looking like an over-bronzed hot mess).
The price is almost a joke too. If youre someone who is scared of using a bronzer for the first time and is worried about losing cash, this is a great way to start.. and you'll probably just stick with it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

New York Color isn't so easy to come by nowadays, and I could only find this little treasure at Target, but it was worth the wait. I love a good medium-toned matte bronzer (think Hoola without the cha-ching), and this definitely fits the bill. It is not the most glamorous packaging but it is easy to toss in a makeup bag and not worry about, and you get a decent amount of product for an almost Dollar Tree worthy price tag.

This blends nicely and lasts through the day. It warms up my light-medium skin without looking muddy or orange. I am saddened that this isn't more widely available because this is a superb drugstore dupe for Hoola or Chocolate Soleil by Too Faced. If you come across it, it is definitely worth a try.

on 10/21/2016 2:46:00 PM

I bought this a long time ago and I remember throwing it away after a short while. It was way too orange for me at the time, then again I did only have like one or two makeup brushes and I probably was heavy-handed. I don't know what made me try this again but I bought it again and I like it this time. I can't use a dense brush or else it will look really orange but as long as I use a loose fluffy brush it looks great on me. I also like to use it on my eyelids when I don't feel like going for a full eyeshadow look. you get a lot of product for cheap which is also a great benefit.

on 9/5/2016 5:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is so beautiful. I never had a bronzer as it sounded scary on my pale skin, but after seeing many videos with adorable and natural results, I had to get one. I only owned a contour shade which was terrible, totally not fitting my needs, trying to use it as a bronzer with terrible results!
So, I looked for a cheap bronzer for beginners, and voilĂ  MUA came in help as usual. I got this today and couldn't wait to try it. I wrote on the telephone notes the correct shade and bought it without even looking...and once I got home, I realized it was the tester. Damn me!!! But I wanted to try it anyway, and I became even more sad because it looked so gorgeous and fitted for my face. Hopefully I will find it again.
Anyway, I read about the orange-ish shade of it and it sounded scary, but on pale skin with yellow undertones looks simply amazing and not orange at all. I would say I looked healthier and more 'alive'. It lasted perfectly all afternoon and evening.
Can't wait to have my own brand new bronzer!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh gosh I LOVED this stuff for the longest time. It's so inexpensive and the color is so natural and buildable with NO shimmer. It's hard to find bronzers that don't make my fair skin look dirty or orange. Now for the sad part...the primary ingredient (as in many powders, especially less expensive ones) is talc. I didn't used to be concerned about makeup ingredients unless they were acne causing. Now I'm aware of the dangers of talc. It's a cancer causing ingredient and dangerous to breathe. In fact, many baby powders used to be made of talc until it was realized that it's harmful to breathe and is linked to ovarian cancer. I wish that I could not be bothered by this because I'm now being forced to reevaluate my makeup routine, but with a family history of cancer...the sacrifice that could potentially occur down the road doesn't seem worth it. Such a bummer though!!!

on 3/29/2016 9:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This bronzer is tried and true for me. I have back ups upon back ups and love that no matter what it is easily accessible at just about any drugstore/Wal-Mart. This is the perfect shade for my NW20 complexion and even blows most of my high end bronzers such a Guerlain's Terracotta bronzer and Too Faced Chocolate Soleil out of the water! I had stopped using it for about a year in the midst of trying out new higher end products and it got pushed to the back of my makeup storage drawers - have recently re-discovered and am in love all over again.

This gives a truly natural warm up to the face without looking too orange or patchy on me, and doubles up amazingly as a crease shadow! If used on top of a cream bronzer it locks the color into place all day (I sometimes use it over Chanel Tan De Chanel universal cream bronzer to contour). Love this product, especially love the price tag at just $2.97 here in Canada. Will continue to use most probably for the rest of my life. :)

Side note: Only one slight downfall, the packaging is a little bit flimsy and the powder could easily shatter as the casing is not thick enough, but it comes with a decent sized pan that will fit most brushes and a huge mirror. Still gets 5 stars!

on 12/6/2015 8:07:00 AM

This bronzer is a great bronzer and for the price even better. I have a fair complexion and this bronzer does not make it look muddy or the orange and the color payoff it really good!! It is a good bronzer for most skin tones and the formula is a texture this bronzer applies well and easy to blend. Check it out

on 6/15/2015 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I have been using NYC's Sunny bronzer for probably the last 7 years? I use it as a sort of "transition color" for my cheeks and apply it before I do my bronzing and contouring. After I apply my tinted moisturizer, concealer, and powder, I use a brush to apply this near my temples, cheeks, and neckline . . . then do my bronzing and contouring over it. It just helps warm up my face, and helps my other products to blend easier. I'm tanned (NC42?), so this is not orange on me. I've never had any problems with this breaking me out or causing skin issues. I have repurchased many times. This may not be THE BEST out there, but it works well for me. If it ain't broke, don't try to fix it? lol

on 5/27/2015 5:16:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

The quality/value is definitely good for the price, but the hype surrounding NYC Sunny seems to be due to the fact that it's "a matte drugstore bronzer that isn't THAT orange!" But, um, it's still pretty darn orange. It's not completely unusable or anything (the texture is average or maybe slightly above average), but eventually I just tossed out my compact because I never reached for it when there are SO many more flattering/natural shades of bronzer out there.