no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

7 years ago

A nice unoffensive scent. It smells of soft roses. Makes me feel fresh and clean. It's rather light. Sillage is close to skin and lasting power is light. This relaxes me when I have it on. I plan to use this during yoga, doing errands and to bed. It's a casual scent, nothing fancy.

About reviewer (265 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Other, Other

2.0

9 years ago

This is like the the Lilly Pulitzer Wink, maybe a bit worse. It smells like cheap, pink sweet floral air freshener to me because of a distinct chemical smell.

About reviewer (286 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesBlack

from

12 years ago

Cabotine Rose is a very pretty, feminine floral that comes across as a take on cherry blossom. It's light and fresh, and slightly fruity. It doesn't really smell like original Cabotine at all, but it fits into the same summery "happy" fragrance category. This would be appropriate for a work atmosphere, and it's nice for a quick pick-me-up. It doesn't have the depth of Cabotine, but I enjoy it very much when I'm in the mood for a light, very "pink" fragrance. My nose detects a note that could be strawberry, and perhaps, hints of lavender? Cabotine Bleu is a bright, ozony, oceany take on the same theme that's similar to Michael Kors Island. Both Rose and Bleu are ridiculously inexpensive (as is Cabotine), making them extra fun to spritz with abandon and just enjoy their prettiness. My older son always compliments the Cabotine Rose...something about it is very pleasing to his nose. He's fond of cherry blossom scents, in general, it seems, so Cabotine Rose fits the bill.

About reviewer (825 reviews)

SkinOily, Olive, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Coarse

1.0

13 years ago

I don't know if I got a bad bottle or what, (from perfume emporium) but it smelled sour and there was no fruit, no floral, just a very unpleasant odor. I have some coming as part of a swap; I will find out if this bottle is the same. If I find out that my original bottle was bad, I'll come back and change my review. For now it's a definite thumbs down!

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinOther

3.0

14 years ago

I bought this fragrance unsniffed because I got a good deal and I love the original Cabotine ( green cap ). Cabotine rose is an okay scent. Not offensive at all, very soft, but I wished it had a little more personnality. I get mostly flowers and no sweetness or fruity smell. I can see myself wearing this during the summer when I don't want something perfumy. On me, it smells more like a fresh body splash than a perfume, so if that's what you like, I would recommend it. It smells good so I will probably end up using the bottle, but I don't think I will repurchase. UPDATE : I ended up giving the bottle to my mom. She really loves it and wears it so well. It's totally different on her it's crisp and lovely !

About reviewer (51 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

15 years ago

*Cabotine rose* and *Cabotine blue/bleu* are the brandnew fragrances by Parfums Grès. Rose means the pink colour. "Rose" is a light, fruity-floral fragrance. "Blue" a watery, marine/ozonic scent. I like *Cabotine rose* from the first sniff, because I love fruity fragrances very much (Femme by Rochas, Champagne/Yvresse by YSL). Very delicious scents! I know all Grès fragrances. I don't like the classic Cabotine (green) but I love the legendary old-fashioned CABOCHARD very much. Cabotine rose is a nice, sweet little fruity thing. Uplifting and very innocent.

About reviewer (183 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinOther, Other

from

16 years ago

Highly underrated scent, imo. Reminds me of the scent favorite gum, by Lotte of Japan - Umeboshi (sour plum). A soft, sweet, but slighty sour edged fruity floral, but different to the average type. Hard to find anything but testers in the UK (those can be found at fragrancedirect for about £9.99), but at most US online discount places, they have sealed boxes of this, for about $25. Absolutely delicious. I believe the 'Rose' in the name is in reference to 'pink' in French, not actual roses.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinOther

2.0

16 years ago

Light tropical berry scent. There are *no* roses in this mix! Rather, "rose" means "pink" in French, and refers only to the colour. The notes listed on the store display are cherry and pikake (Hawaiian night blooming jasmine). But honestly, I don't detect the cherry at all. Cabotine Rose smells more of raspberry and pineapple to my nose. Overall just a simple, generic, fruity fragrance that I'd never buy. Cabotine Rose isn't terribly expensive, but its plain fragrance and packaging suggest a drugstore brand.

About reviewer (269 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm