Redken In the Loop Curl Booster [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.0

on 11/18/2007 6:54:00 PM

I really LOVE Redken Styling No 2 'In the Loop' curl booster - a few months ago I got a couple of bottles at 50% off which probably means it has been discontinued. I've been using it for years on my semi-thick naturally wavy hair - only in the summer though when it is humid can i really get a good "curl".

Just in case you can get your hands on this product here's my review:

There really isn't a scent to speak of, not perfumey at all. It isn't sticky like most of these curl enhancing products and it doesn't weigh my hair down. I spray a bunch of sprays on my whole head while scrunching my hair upside down - then I blow-dry with a diffuser. It doesn't give my hair a crunch which is why I love it. I'll scrounge around for more bottles of this and buy up whatever I find!!!!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have a sample size of this and while I want to like it, I just don't. It makes my hair crunchy and gross, not curly and soft at all.

on 3/11/2004 10:36:00 AM

DISCONTINUED PRODUCT
This is a curl booster designed for bringing out the curl in permed, slightly wavy/curly hair ONLY. Magnesium (salt) is the active ingredient that enhances curl/wave.

The package says" elimate frizz and give shine and manageability". I did not see that. I would recommend this for someone who just wants to add curl and wave. I spray on damp hair and then scrunch/use diffuser.

It can also be used the next day to "perk up hair" if not washing.

I have used a couple of bottles of this.

August 2004 Update: I am no longer using this product as I am blowdrying my hair straight. I would purchase again IF (big if!)I had a perm/shorter hair that I wanted to enhance the waviness.
UPDATE Fall 2005: I went to look for this product again and was told at the beauty supply that it has been discontinued.

on 1/31/2004 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Another Redken disappointment. This product made my hair crunchy, sticky, and look awful. My husband got his hand stuck in my hair when he tried to run his fingers through it. Basically, this stuff is gross and not worth buying.

on 9/3/2003 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm thick,dry and curly and I mainly use this on very humid days as it weighs my hair down just enough. It doesn't have a strong odor and is a nice consistency. I will buy this again.

Popular Styling Products