4.3

price range

Reviews

3.0

10 months ago

This is a very effective hand cream however I’m so sad to see parabens listed on the ingredients. Petroleum products are not healthy for the body, otherwise I would just use Vaseline intensive care cream. Is there nothing that could be substituted for them at this price? It also contains polyquaternium. For that reason I’m not recommending it. Will keep searching

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

If you want a really good Swiss hand cream try a brand called Swissline, cream is Age Intelligence 3D Hand Recovery; got it from a friend who travelled to Switzerland and buy it online now. It is a miracle and costs far less than La Prairie overrated stuff...

About reviewer (95 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBrown

2 years ago

It is a very light hand cream that is absorbed quickly without leaving any perceptible residue on the skin surface. It is lightly hydrating but not a heavy-duty product if you need a lot of replenishment for your hands. I like the lightness and the very pretty and pleasant fragrance that is the typical La Prairie signature fragrance. It is overpriced (since it is La Prairie) and I believe that one can easily find an equally good (or even better) replacement for the fraction of the price. Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Dicaprylyl Maleate, PEG-100 Stearate, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, Lactic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Malic Acid, Butyrospermum Parkii, Sea Salt, Algae Extract, Sea Water, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum Extract, Palmaria Palmata Extract, Spriulina Platensis Extract, Chlorella Vulgaris Extract, Ulva Lactuca Extract, Hydrolyzed Algin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Eyuisetum Arvense Extract, Polyquaternium-51, Trehalose, Allantoin, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Vitis Vinifera Fruit Extract, Scutellaria Galericulata Extract, Morus Nigra Root Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra Root Extract, Pyrus Malus Fruit Extract, Urea, Sodium Pca, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Calluna Vulgaris Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Vitis Vinifera Seed Extract, Steareth-2, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Triethanolamine, Tetrasodium Edta, Bht, Fragrance, Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Amyl Cinnamal, Hexyl Cinnamal, Evernia Furfuracea Extract, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylopropional, Chlorphenesin, Benzoic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Methyparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben

About reviewer (275 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

This thing is just not sinking in. It is not getting absorbed, sitting as oily substance on top of my skin and not moisture anything.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Fine

2 years ago

about two years ago my hands were awful. they looked like they belonged to an 80 yr old farm worker dry lifeless just really bad. nothing was working well. I purchased la prairie and also sisley despite the high price. and have not looked back. I have sensitive and photosensitive skin so my hands take a beating but since using la prairie and sisley hand creams they are nuw soft and supple. I add a few drops of face oil at night for added benefit and use exfoliator/peel/masks as well on my hands. i have and will continue to repurchasethis again. I keep a spare in the cupboard as well A tube goes a long way. Thus cream is well worth evey cent Give it a try. like all la prairie it is worth the expense i could not believe i spentso much when i first purchased it but now i do not hesitate. Even my dermatologist is pleased

About reviewer (45 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 years ago

I have tried every high-end hand cream imaginable, and my HG cream is La Mer. I also sometimes use Chantecaille's Retinol Hand Cream at night to keep my hands looking young (preventative). I had to try one of La Prairie's since I use and love several of their products for my face. This hand cream is fantastic for day use. Rich without being greasy, and has a light & pleasant scent. After massaging into my hands, I'm able to use my laptop or iPad within about three or four minutes. It has a very light, pleasant scent and absorbs readily into hands. One small dollop is all it takes to cover hands and wrists. The downside? It's $30 more than La Mer. Price aside, it's a fantastic hand cream. Until recently, I had been using La Mer both day and night. Truthfully? I've started using this during the day, as it's not as rich but hydrates very well. Definitely not a hand cream I would use at night, but my new HG for daytime. Worth the extra money!

About reviewer (162 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairRed, Curly, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

9 years ago

I bought this product because Megan Gale was raving about it. Major fail right there. I have extremely dry hands that burn and sting with dehydration constantly. The only thing I've found that works is Cetaphil's Ultra Hydrating Lotion. Anywho, I read the reviews here and thought it was worth a try. Nup. Within 10 minutes my hands were bone dry again. At least with the Cetaphil they stay lovely and moist for 5 or 6 hours.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Kinky, Fine

9 years ago

I have been using Caudalie hand cream along with C&E Gardeners. Although Caudalie is a little greasy even after it dried up, I like it as it polishes my cuticles nicely. C&E gets absorbed okay but I tend to get acne when I touch my face or hair, w/c I normally do. I was quite contented until the lady at the LP counter gave me a 15ml sample of this hand cream.. and oh it was unbelievable. I use a small amount- slightly smaller than a pea. And my dry hands turn into silky soft duo. The fine lines tend to disappear too making them younger looking. This is quite an experience. Highly recommended.

About reviewer (206 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I got this cream for free when buying the body emulsion. I was thinking of buying it for a long time, but couldn't bring myself to pay so much money. The cream is amazing. After application my hands are left so silky. I find this very fascinating. In terms of moisture it can be compared to Shiseido, Dior or Guerlain, but other brands didn't offer enough moisture for my dry hands. The package is a bit bigger than others (100 ml) which I really like (usually the hand creams contain 75 ml). I find that LP doesn't scrimp with ml, like some brands, which is fair enough as it's quite expensive (for example, with LP concealer you get a full size refill). The hand cream has typical LP smell and its consistency is not too runny nor too thick. In one word I would describe this cream as luxurious.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlond, Relaxed, Fine

10 years ago

I've been wanting to try this product for a long time, but could not justify the $95. However, with the winter season coming, my hands are already dry! I decided to buy myself a present and I am so happy I did. This hand cream has the classic La Prairie smell which I love. Feels wonderfully on the hands, and only takes a little bit to moisturize completely. And to top it all off, the packaging is absolutely beautiful. So happy with the product so far and would definitely repurchase.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age19-24