Diptyque Oyedo (soap)

No Image

3.0

1 review

on 5/31/2003 1:20:00 PM

I have two main criteria to judge scented soap. #1 is its effect on the skin: how clean do I feel afterward? Does it lather well? Is it soft or hard? Does it dry or moisturize? #2 is how good its scent is. Oyedo soap rates a 4 or 5 as a soap/skin product---it's a relatively soft, moisturizing soap---my normal skin feels clean and soft after I use it. I'll use a moisturizer afterward out of habit and preference, but only my very driest patches (elbows, mostly) feel like they still *need* a moisturizer. As a scent, though---and I'm a big fan of the Oyedo EDT---it's about a 2, or a 1.5. Oyedo's great herbal-citrus green/yuzu scent is not terribly strong, and it's mixed with some sort of waxy/tallow scent that the EDT doesn't have. The scent does not linger in any way, afterward---not even in the shower. If you're a fan of citrus scents, there are *much* better soaps and shower gels for comparable (or less!) money. I'd recommend Shi Kai Yuzu, Tocca Stella (gels), TBS Satsuma (gel or soap), Mistral Mandarine, Orange-Green Fig, or Grapefruit-Red Currant, Luxo Banho Oporto Lemon Balm, Suisun Bay Lemongrass (soaps)---all of those are better citrus soap/gel buys.