3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 months ago

This shampoo (and the seaweed conditioner) does a nice job on my hair. I have fine wavy hair that gets weighed down easily, but my hair does get a little dry from time to time, and this doesn’t strip moisture like some of the “extra volume” products do. I also love the fresh herbal scent.

About reviewer (310 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlue

from

3 years ago

LOVE it's one of my fav shampoos Clarifying without stripping or drying my already lightweight, wavy, fine, thin-to-average thickness hair. Plus it smells great, good lather, great texture! Repeat buyer.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

Broke out my scalp and hairline. It also dried my hair out really bad and made my naturally wavy hair frizzy. Yuck all around. Can't believe people would pay money for this. I know it works for some people but I'm not those people...

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

I am so torn about this shampoo and conditioner, because more than any pair of hair products I've ever had in my bathroom, I enjoy the using of them. I enjoy the wonderful, uplifting scent and soft lather so much. The scent is a mixture of mint and oceanic froth that I find tranquil, calming, and luxurious, and I would go so far as to say they raise my self-esteem. Okay, my tongue is a little in my cheek, but to me they are the hair equivalent of a good Jo Malone candle. Why I am torn is that I've got blond hair, and this duo pumps enough moisture into my follicles as to darken the crystal tones by a good few shades. Blonds will know that some hair products brighten and some make your hair darker, like you've been in the wet winds of the Pennines. I'm afraid to say that by Day 2 I am definitely in need of another hair wash and if I let it get to Day 3, my hair would be slick to my scalp. Luckily, that's okay, because I enjoy using them so much - but I'm putting a brave face on it, if I'm honest.

About reviewer (660 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlond, Kinky, Medium

EyesBlue

5 years ago

Fantastic shampoo! I have fine, wavy hair and this leaves my hair full without being drying like volumizing shampoos often do. I like that it uses sodium *laureth* sulfate, not sodium *lauryl* sulfate. The former being much more gentle on hair and skin. I also use the matching conditoner, which is lightweight and silicone free. FYI: If you buy these online from sephora by the liter, it basically cuts the price of it in half.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair

HairBrown

EyesGreen

3.0

6 years ago

I've used this twice so far(not with the accompanying conditioner, as I figured it wouldn't be moisturizing enough for my dry hair). Although it's hard to tell how much a shampoo contributes to the end result of your hair after applying conditioners and styling products, I quite like this so far. It seems fairly gentle; I feel like my hair is clean but not stripped. I only use a little bit and rub it into my roots. It lathers very well so a little goes a long way. I notice after I have shampooed my hair feels softer and easy to comb through. Usually it's difficult to run a comb through my hair after a shampoo and it feels rough until I condition. I said I would repurchase, but I really want to try BB's Gentle Shampoo after this. If I end up preferring the Seaweed to that then I will repurchase. I will update review after I've been using longer. EDIT: took off a lippie because even though this is somewhat conditioning, Living Proof's Perfect Hair Day Conditioner cleanses just as well but is soooo much better and more conditioning. This stuff isn't bad, but it just cannot compare.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Perfect for my fine hair and families hair. I feel it cleanses better then aveda and red ken. I love it..just got the large bottle from sephora!

About reviewer (75 reviews)

SkinCombination, Olive, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesHazel

3.0

6 years ago

Gentle yet cleansing and removes product/build up but isn't too stripping like a clarifying

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

6 years ago

I love this shampoo! It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean. Adds a bit of body to my fine hair. Has a nice, pleasant smell. Have used up two bottles of the shampoo already, but none of the conditioner. It is a bit pricey.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Fine

1.0

6 years ago

Such a shame! I really wanted to like this shampoo. Love the packaging and the smell was good. I have naturally long thick wavy hair, which i tend to air dry.The first time I used the shampoo along with the matching conditioner, my hair felt disgusting! I gave it a couple of more attempts but had the exact same results. My hair felt heavy and dry, as if all the natural oils had been stripped. It was gross. Save your money and don't bother.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age25-29