Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.6

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 1/30/2015 6:12:00 PM

I like it and will continue to use it until I finish the jar. So far, it makes my face feel very smooth and soft but I am not sure if I will buy it once more.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good clay mask for detoxing. Its expensive, but its going to last a long time. Ive used it for 2 months now, and I have rather sensitive skin prone to congestion.

I just put it on for 15-20 mins and use a wet washcloth to wipe it off.

On its own it doesnt do much for congestion. It only seems to bring up the congestion to a head so that it is purged out of the skin. I seem to get those small white pus-filled pimples after I use this, and they would go away in 1-2 days.

However, the past 2 weeks Ive been using a BHA every night and I used this twice in these 2 weeks. Wow, the BHA has been bringing up a lot of pimples, and this has cleared them up very quickly! My forehead is now pretty much smooth after months of congestion.

I think this is a nice mask to use, like a good way to treat yourself. It does make my skin feel really nice and clean afterwards. I like that it is not drying unlike some other face masks.

Its also good as a spot treatment for those pus filled pimples to really draw all the gunk out.

on 5/16/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

An excellent mask by Skinceuticals aimed not only at congested skin but for more general detox and refining facials. At the start I wasn't sure it was going to be right as I have normal dryish skin but now, after six months of use, I can't live without. It's a weekly treat, I like to have a pampering Sunday , do my hair, my nails and a relaxing facial. On Monday I can always see outstanding results. The skin is definitely more plumped and compact, bright and even. I really like the feeling of what I see I the mirror and the make up glides on and looks flawless. I always make a point of using it before a date or important event. Expensive but I'm happy to pay when I can see the results.

on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

on 6/7/2012 2:46:00 PM

totally worth it, it was my first time using this product and i do not regret anything it makes my face feel fresh, clean, and younger!
i checked out some websites that carried this and noticed it was a bit pricey but i found one website which was price reasonable at SkincareMarket.net

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is definitely worth the money. I was introduced to this product by my asthetician who used it the week following my chemical peel. The results were glowy, clear, less oily skin. Your face does not become so dry with this mask that it's irritated. On the contrary it seems to soothe and calm breakouts. Can't tell you how many times in the past I've used other masks that left red bumps. This product is excellent!

on 1/11/2011 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I've been using the Elizabeth Arden Clay mask and the softness last for about a day, but with this one I use it once a week, just a thin layer and my face is baby smooth all week. I use this along with the Decongesting face wash and exfoliator and it has almost gotten rid of my dryness in the winter. I have very oily face but major dryness in the T zone and it always messes up my foundation application. Yes this is very pricey but you just need a thin layer and the bottle will probably last almost a year! Coupled with my face wash and exfoliant I have noticed some major changes with my nose (I have lots of black heads and white heads) that my husband even commented on it! I use the emollient moisturizer which does not make my face oily at all!
**Update** I have also started using this as spot treatment for acne it's a godsend!

on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

on 9/18/2009 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE! I have been using this mask for about 2 years now. I'm on to my 2nd jar and as i only use a thin layer once a week and it seems to last me about 12 months I can justify spending the AU$60 (works out to be AU$5 a month). This was recommended to me along with Simply Clean (which broke me out) however the mask is AMAZING. It's non-drying (i have oily skin), doesn't break me out & clears up the skin overnight. My skin hasn't looked/felt this good for ages and when i see people from school they always comment on how great my skin looks now. My sister has recently started using it and it is doing wonders for her skin too.
To be honest, I'm VERY lazy when it comes to skincare and the mask is the only skincare routine I've managed to stick to and I love what it's done for my skin.
Cant recommend this product enough!

on 1/28/2009 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Love it so much I'm on my second jar. You can feel you skin tingling as it does it's magic. The only con is the cost of this product. I'm probably going to try Queen Helen Clay Mask. I'm thinking that could be a cheaper alternative. Well, another con is that you have to stick your fingers in the jar to get the product. I really don't like when products are packaged in that manner.