SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.5

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

I bought this as I couldn't buy the clarifying face mask from Proativ (as I live in Ireland). Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype for me. Just no major benefit. I hear Glam Glow mask is supposed to be good, so am saving my pennies for this.

on 5/20/2008 7:45:00 AM

Love! I have not used many "masks" in my life, but this one is very nice. Goes on smooth and doesn't dry like a desert on your face. I also love how my skin feels after rinsing it off and *bonus*...it cleared the blackheads on my nose!! Skin looks glowy and bright the next morning..Highly recommend this one ladies! Also try their 0.5 retinol night cream, it's great! ***Update 6-16-08*** I have since discoverd pure Calcium Bentonite Powder (i.e. Indian healing clay) This stuff is awesome and pulls out impurities like nobodies business! I got a big bag of the powder on Ebay for super cheap and just mixed with a little water to make my own mask. Sorry skincueticals, you have been bumped out for a cheaper-BETTER alternative.

on 10/29/2007 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would love to give this product a 5 but I need to hold off, since I've only used it once. The results are GREAT. I read a review here by someone who's dermatologist recommended using this mask to counter the drying, dulling effects of Differin. I am on Retin-A and experienced similar problems. My acne is mild to moderate (moderate as of late, hence the Retin-A) and I had to make a choice as to whether or not I want clear yet dull skin or healthy, glowy skin sprinkled with acne. The retin-a micro works so great but is so strong. After one use of this mask my skin is soft and glowing! After using this mask I also used skinceuticals b-5 gel and acne gel. The combo is amazing. The mask made the biggest difference, though by sloughing off all of that dead skin. It did not make my skin burn or itch, nor was it irritating in any way whatsoever. I recommend this product along with checking out the skinceuticals line in general to complement RX acne products.
UPDATE: Still love this and love it even more actually. (I changed my rating to 5 stars from 4) The first week I used it it brought a few clogged pores and zits to surface and heal. Now it is simply helping to keep my skin clear AND restores that glow that I had before I started using retin-a. This is wonderful and will definately repurchase when gone, but it should last a while. My advice while using this product is: Only use once a week while using retinoids, because twice a week will cause too much dryness. Do not use your retin-a after using this mask to prevent overdrying (Your skin will appreciate the break!) After using this product I use Skinceuticals b5 gel and then a light moisturizer. The B5 gel is phenomenal and is also helping to restore my glow. Good luck and enjoy!
UPDATE: It's been 5 monthes and I'm still loving this. It has the best results of any facial mask I've ever used!

This is the best mask I've tried and will last a long time for the price. Did not irritate my skin a bit, and left it so soft and clear. I use this as a spot treatment too sometimes and blemishes clear up very quickly. The mask is a light green color and you just need a little bit to cover face as it spreads quite easily. It does not completely harden and is quite easy to wash off. I use this once to twice a week in conjunction with pyto corrective gel, retinol, and renew overnight oily. Nothing has changed my skin as much as this line!

on 1/16/2007 12:16:00 AM

My dermatologist recommended that I use this mask in conjunction with the Differin cream she prescribed for my acne and I'm so glad she did - it's wonderful! The Differin has done a beautiful job of clearing up my skin, but it makes it dull and dry. This is perfect for exfoliating my blah skin, making it noticeably softer and smoother. The mask doesn't dry out my skin as some of the other reviews caution - it has quite the opposite effect by sloughing off the top layer of dead skin. It also seems to soothe any pimples I might have and make them heal faster than if I hadn't applied the mask.
I would definitely repurchase and I highly recommend this for anyone looking for a clarifying mask!

on 8/10/2006 8:56:00 PM

This is my HG mask. I have not had luck with other Skinceutical products (have had major acne breakouts), but this product is perfect. It clears my pores and leaves my skin smooth.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So far the best clay mask I've tried. it does sting when you put it on(due to AHAs in it)and leaves your skin slightly dry, but the results are great, wouldn't see my pores with a magnifier and trust me, my pores are big. I am not convinced in it's high price tag though $33, I will try Burt's Bees Clay Mask to compare and update later.

on 1/24/2006 12:40:00 AM

I was looking for a clay mask to suck the oil out of my pores, and when I found this was boosted with 5% glycolic acid concentration, I knew I had found my holy grail. This stuff is great -- both for instant gratification and longterm effects.
$33 for a small frosted-glass jar (2 oz.). continued >>