Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.4

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this directly from a clinic with the intent of shaming the gunk out of the enlarged pores around my nose. Either this has been reformulated recently, or the Canadian version of this product with the exact same name has been anointed with completely unnecessary extracts of Lavender, Rosemary, Citrus, Geranium and other known skin irritants. Don't know what the repercussions of using such ingredients in a rinse-off product like this are, and won't bother finding out with my already sun-reactive skin. I wish there was a way for customers to check for formulary variations, but Skinceuticals doesn't even bother providing the ingredient list on their website. At least they make a great sunscreen. At least I got this at 70% off!

These are the ingredients as listed on my package: Water, Kaolin, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Orange Fruit Water, Lemon Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract.

on 7/3/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very good clay mask wihich is not overly drying but - way, way, way overpriced as all SkinCeuticals products are. For that reason I will not re-purchase.

on 5/16/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

An excellent mask by Skinceuticals aimed not only at congested skin but for more general detox and refining facials. At the start I wasn't sure it was going to be right as I have normal dryish skin but now, after six months of use, I can't live without. It's a weekly treat, I like to have a pampering Sunday , do my hair, my nails and a relaxing facial. On Monday I can always see outstanding results. The skin is definitely more plumped and compact, bright and even. I really like the feeling of what I see I the mirror and the make up glides on and looks flawless. I always make a point of using it before a date or important event. Expensive but I'm happy to pay when I can see the results.

on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to tell that I am totally mad with masks. I donít know how much I try but a lot.
This mask is totally amazing one of the best I ever use. Every time I use it my skin looks great after that, much softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. Also this mask never dry my skin like many other clay do and is very easy to wash off. Is really effective I will definitely buy it again.

on 7/16/2008 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have been using this mask for about 3 months when my skin care person (I forget what they are called) recommended it. I use the cleanser for oily skin and toner also and love them. I also use a serum by PCA skin and my acne scars are almost gone. I also get a new kind of facials (hydro I think) that is like a facial and microdermabrasion in one.

on 2/20/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is truly what a clarifying mud mask should be. It is medicated, but while it treats breakouts and impurities, it nourishes, tightens gently, and sucks out excess oil, all without leaving you dry, irritated, or parched. In fact, you feel refreshed and nourished and super clean. I have used this on problem-skin days and also when I just needed a pick me up. It truly is a multi-tasker and never fails to do the job.