Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by hair type : Other
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.3

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 11/21/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

- dislike the packaging
- expensive
-dries out my face
- makes me breakout (maybe that's the point, to get the toxins out or something?) but then later my skin isn't any better

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

I like this mask - it seems to really do a good job on my skin. But in the end, it is just a clay mask, without any particularly special ingredients, so I think you could get something similar for way less.

on 5/20/2008 7:45:00 AM

Love! I have not used many "masks" in my life, but this one is very nice. Goes on smooth and doesn't dry like a desert on your face. I also love how my skin feels after rinsing it off and *bonus*...it cleared the blackheads on my nose!! Skin looks glowy and bright the next morning..Highly recommend this one ladies! Also try their 0.5 retinol night cream, it's great! ***Update 6-16-08*** I have since discoverd pure Calcium Bentonite Powder (i.e. Indian healing clay) This stuff is awesome and pulls out impurities like nobodies business! I got a big bag of the powder on Ebay for super cheap and just mixed with a little water to make my own mask. Sorry skincueticals, you have been bumped out for a cheaper-BETTER alternative.

on 3/26/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gives you an instant facial. Oh my God, I just cannot believe a mask can do all of these things: reduces oils, shrinks pores, rejuvenates, brightens. I use this now every night, and some morning, if I need to pep myself up. Just an amazing product.

on 2/6/2008 2:42:00 PM

I was given some samples of this mask by the Medispa I go to, and I finally had to purchase my own jar. My skin feels so great after using this, and it is a great overnight blemish healer/shrinker. I was given a suggestion for when the skin is really dull, to apply, then get in the shower and cleanse with the Simply Clean and Clarisonic to remove the mask. Great results, like a minispa in the shower.

on 1/24/2006 12:40:00 AM

I was looking for a clay mask to suck the oil out of my pores, and when I found this was boosted with 5% glycolic acid concentration, I knew I had found my holy grail. This stuff is great -- both for instant gratification and longterm effects.
$33 for a small frosted-glass jar (2 oz.). continued >>