SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.6

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good clay mask for detoxing. Itís expensive, but its going to last a long time. Iíve used it for 2 months now, and I have rather sensitive skin prone to congestion.

I just put it on for 15-20 mins and use a wet washcloth to wipe it off.

On itís own it doesnít do much for congestion. It only seems to bring up the congestion to a head so that it is purged out of the skin. I seem to get those small white pus-filled pimples after I use this, and they would go away in 1-2 days.

However, the past 2 weeks Iíve been using a BHA every night and I used this twice in these 2 weeks. Wow, the BHA has been bringing up a lot of pimples, and this has cleared them up very quickly! My forehead is now pretty much smooth after months of congestion.

I think this is a nice mask to use, like a good way to treat yourself. It does make my skin feel really nice and clean afterwards. I like that it is not drying unlike some other face masks.

Itís also good as a spot treatment for those pus filled pimples to really draw all the gunk out.

on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have to tell that I am totally mad with masks. I donít know how much I try but a lot.
This mask is totally amazing one of the best I ever use. Every time I use it my skin looks great after that, much softer and glowing, the clog pores and impurities look much less or even gone on the next day. Also this mask never dry my skin like many other clay do and is very easy to wash off. Is really effective I will definitely buy it again.

on 6/2/2008 9:14:00 PM

LOVE THIS PRODUCT!
This mask cleans my skin thoroughly, drawing out impurities while most importantly not stripping my skin. It does tingle when you first apply it, but after a few weeks use your skin does get used to it. My skin is soft and smooth to touch after i have removed it. Most importantly, it does not leave my skin looking irritated, even though it contains hydroxy acids. I have started retin-a, therefore I am avoiding using the mask at the moment, but can't wait to start again. Highly reccommended.

on 5/20/2008 7:45:00 AM

Love! I have not used many "masks" in my life, but this one is very nice. Goes on smooth and doesn't dry like a desert on your face. I also love how my skin feels after rinsing it off and *bonus*...it cleared the blackheads on my nose!! Skin looks glowy and bright the next morning..Highly recommend this one ladies! Also try their 0.5 retinol night cream, it's great! ***Update 6-16-08*** I have since discoverd pure Calcium Bentonite Powder (i.e. Indian healing clay) This stuff is awesome and pulls out impurities like nobodies business! I got a big bag of the powder on Ebay for super cheap and just mixed with a little water to make my own mask. Sorry skincueticals, you have been bumped out for a cheaper-BETTER alternative.

on 2/6/2008 2:42:00 PM

I was given some samples of this mask by the Medispa I go to, and I finally had to purchase my own jar. My skin feels so great after using this, and it is a great overnight blemish healer/shrinker. I was given a suggestion for when the skin is really dull, to apply, then get in the shower and cleanse with the Simply Clean and Clarisonic to remove the mask. Great results, like a minispa in the shower.