SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

3.0

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

on 5/5/2006 5:18:00 PM

Luckily I got a sample of this and did not purchase the full size. I have had good luck with other Skinceuticals products but this broke me out -- badly. I have never used a product with glycolic acid in it before, so maybe that is the culprit. From what I read in various reviews, G.A. may cause some people's skin to "purge." That may be the case for me. I'm definitely not going to keep on using it to see if it gets better, though, because we're talking huge red welts on my otherwise pale cheeks so that I look rather diseased:-(