Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.6

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I think this is a good clay mask for detoxing. Itís expensive, but its going to last a long time. Iíve used it for 2 months now, and I have rather sensitive skin prone to congestion.

I just put it on for 15-20 mins and use a wet washcloth to wipe it off.

On itís own it doesnít do much for congestion. It only seems to bring up the congestion to a head so that it is purged out of the skin. I seem to get those small white pus-filled pimples after I use this, and they would go away in 1-2 days.

However, the past 2 weeks Iíve been using a BHA every night and I used this twice in these 2 weeks. Wow, the BHA has been bringing up a lot of pimples, and this has cleared them up very quickly! My forehead is now pretty much smooth after months of congestion.

I think this is a nice mask to use, like a good way to treat yourself. It does make my skin feel really nice and clean afterwards. I like that it is not drying unlike some other face masks.

Itís also good as a spot treatment for those pus filled pimples to really draw all the gunk out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

on 4/29/2008 4:26:00 AM

I absolutely love this product! I also use the SkinCeuticals Clarifying Cleanser which I also love. I have used this masque several times and each times my pimples disappear by the next day. In fact, the other night I slept with it on and my nodule disappeared completely the next day and a papule I had strunk dramatically in size. I will most definitely keep using this product once to twice a week

on 2/20/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is truly what a clarifying mud mask should be. It is medicated, but while it treats breakouts and impurities, it nourishes, tightens gently, and sucks out excess oil, all without leaving you dry, irritated, or parched. In fact, you feel refreshed and nourished and super clean. I have used this on problem-skin days and also when I just needed a pick me up. It truly is a multi-tasker and never fails to do the job.

on 11/29/2007 9:26:00 AM

This is probably the only Skinceuticals product I've tried that I would buy again. It works well at drawing impurities out of the skin without overdrying like alot of clay masks can. It also doesn't dry like the Mojave desert, cracking and hurting your skin as it dries. It lasts a long time too using once a week. If you use more often probably wouldn't last very long and then maybe not worth the price.

on 10/29/2007 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I would love to give this product a 5 but I need to hold off, since I've only used it once. The results are GREAT. I read a review here by someone who's dermatologist recommended using this mask to counter the drying, dulling effects of Differin. I am on Retin-A and experienced similar problems. My acne is mild to moderate (moderate as of late, hence the Retin-A) and I had to make a choice as to whether or not I want clear yet dull skin or healthy, glowy skin sprinkled with acne. The retin-a micro works so great but is so strong. After one use of this mask my skin is soft and glowing! After using this mask I also used skinceuticals b-5 gel and acne gel. The combo is amazing. The mask made the biggest difference, though by sloughing off all of that dead skin. It did not make my skin burn or itch, nor was it irritating in any way whatsoever. I recommend this product along with checking out the skinceuticals line in general to complement RX acne products.
UPDATE: Still love this and love it even more actually. (I changed my rating to 5 stars from 4) The first week I used it it brought a few clogged pores and zits to surface and heal. Now it is simply helping to keep my skin clear AND restores that glow that I had before I started using retin-a. This is wonderful and will definately repurchase when gone, but it should last a while. My advice while using this product is: Only use once a week while using retinoids, because twice a week will cause too much dryness. Do not use your retin-a after using this mask to prevent overdrying (Your skin will appreciate the break!) After using this product I use Skinceuticals b5 gel and then a light moisturizer. The B5 gel is phenomenal and is also helping to restore my glow. Good luck and enjoy!
UPDATE: It's been 5 monthes and I'm still loving this. It has the best results of any facial mask I've ever used!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

So far the best clay mask I've tried. it does sting when you put it on(due to AHAs in it)and leaves your skin slightly dry, but the results are great, wouldn't see my pores with a magnifier and trust me, my pores are big. I am not convinced in it's high price tag though $33, I will try Burt's Bees Clay Mask to compare and update later.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this mask! Clay and AHA's mixed in together.....great stuff!

on 5/30/2003 10:41:00 AM

This was a nice basic clay mask. That was a bit over-drying so may be more suited to oily skintypes. But it was okay. It does dry & flake quite a bit & I hate that it comes in a pot instead of a hygienic tube. I ended up giving it away to my friend who is really liking it. I prefer LP's mask to this one, as it doesn't dry out my skin, doesn't flake & comes in a tube.