Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.4

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 1/30/2015 6:12:00 PM

I like it and will continue to use it until I finish the jar. So far, it makes my face feel very smooth and soft but I am not sure if I will buy it once more.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this directly from a clinic with the intent of shaming the gunk out of the enlarged pores around my nose. Either this has been reformulated recently, or the Canadian version of this product with the exact same name has been anointed with completely unnecessary extracts of Lavender, Rosemary, Citrus, Geranium and other known skin irritants. Don't know what the repercussions of using such ingredients in a rinse-off product like this are, and won't bother finding out with my already sun-reactive skin. I wish there was a way for customers to check for formulary variations, but Skinceuticals doesn't even bother providing the ingredient list on their website. At least they make a great sunscreen. At least I got this at 70% off!

These are the ingredients as listed on my package: Water, Kaolin, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Orange Fruit Water, Lemon Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract.

Among the thousands of clay masks, this is an exceptionally good one. For people like me with weird skin, this is a godsend.

My skin has almost all of the skin issues you can have: rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, congested skin, blackheads, sebacous filaments, pigmentation, melasma and dehydration. Basically, it is hyper-sensitive combination skin with a drier t-zone. I break out mostly on my chin area due to hormones and the break outs leave dark marks on my skin.

I struggle to find products that work for my sensitive skin and donīt trigger my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Itīs especially frustrating as I have congested skin with lots of subcutaneous clogs on my chin and they usually recommend BHA and AHA for this. My skin refused this ingredients and the only thing I could do was getting regular facials. But even with the facials, my skin would clog like crazy.

Enter this mask. It has AHA in it, so I thought, this would not work for my skin and rather make my skin burn or get irritated. And Iīm usually not a fan of clay masks as they tend to dry out my already dehydrated skin and leave my skin dehydrated and dry as a desert.

I got samples to try this maks out and I was amazed. This mask makes my skin so smooth and glowy while reducing the clogs significantly. My esthetician used this generously on my skin as I gave her permission to use this after the extractions (yes, she needs permission as my skin is that sensitive).

And what can I say? My skin glowed and really drank up the Hydrating B5 Serum that she used afterwards. That is one effect I really like: This mask makes the skin ready for the hydrating and nourishing skincare you use afterwards. My skin really soaked up the serum and was plump and smooth afterwards. No mask ever delivered this results.

At home, I use this as a mask either all over my face or just on my t-zone, depending on the state of my skin. I also use this on spots as a spot treatment. I make sure to always use a serum from Skinceuticals after this, mostly the Hydrating B5 or the Phyto Corrective Gel. This combo makes my skin look fresh, polished and plump.

I wonīt lie to you and say that this solved every skin issue I have. I still break out on my chin and have pigmentation from my break outs. But this mask calms the break outs, helps with my congestion and reduces the pigmentation after break outs. It makes my skin smooth and more receptible for the serums I use.

Be sure to use sunscreen every day when you use this on a regular base as the AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. I use at least SPF 30 every day.

Skinceuticals isnīt the cheapest brand when it comes to skincare. I bought this online on offer for 41 EUR/55 USD, but the normal price is 60 EUR/81 USD here in Europe. But it lasts a long time and it really delivers good results. For me, this is totally worth the money and with my skin issues I have to invest in good quality skincare products. For people with totally unproblematic nice healthy skin, this might not be wirth the money.

Iīve decided to throw away the cheap products to concentrate on using a few effective, maybe expensive products, instead of using many products, which eventually irritate my skin.

Iīd clearly recommend this mask for people who have sensitive, dry or ageing skin with break outs or clogs.

I bought this as I couldn't buy the clarifying face mask from Proativ (as I live in Ireland). Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype for me. Just no major benefit. I hear Glam Glow mask is supposed to be good, so am saving my pennies for this.

on 6/15/2012 2:23:00 AM

I have finished the whole product and I have to say, even though it is expensive, it does what it suppose to do.

It helps with skin congestion. My old cleanser was cleaning my skin well so I didn't see a big differences. However my new skin cleanser was not as effective therefore my skin was really congestion. I stopped using this for a few weeks due to skin sensitivity reason. But after using it again, it greatly improved my skin. I could see a differences after I wash it off.The congestion have gotten a lot better. My pores were minimize.

If you have sensitive skin, this may irritated it a little. But test it out before you purchase. It's good for those will oily and congested skin.

on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.

on 6/7/2012 2:46:00 PM

totally worth it, it was my first time using this product and i do not regret anything it makes my face feel fresh, clean, and younger!
i checked out some websites that carried this and noticed it was a bit pricey but i found one website which was price reasonable at SkincareMarket.net

on 2/26/2011 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mask. It is the first mask that I have used and seen a real difference with. My skin feels great and my pores look better than ever. You only need a tiny amount so the jar will last for a long time.

I have been using it for about six months now. If something changes, I will post an update.

on 9/5/2009 4:31:00 PM

I have combination skin and I am usually susceptible to cyst-like blemishes and whiteheads.

Am using this mask to clarify my skin to prevent blemishes and it's been working great! My skin feels clear after every application, although it doesn't target whiteheads in my case.

The formula is effective but doesn't feel overly strong for a clarifying product. That being said, I do experience tightening of the skin in the cheek region on initial application. And this usually last for about 30 seconds. However, it doesn't result in dryness in my skin (Ie. no flaking or dry patches).

Love this mask! I'm going on my second jar now. The downside to the product is the price like everyone else highlighted. It's about 40 pounds per jar in the UK and it lasts for about 6 months on a weekly application. I usually apply a thin layer of product and it still works really well.

I used to use Origins out of trouble mask, which is half the price but the results are less consistent as compared to Skinceuticals.

Highly recommended!

on 11/15/2008 1:16:00 PM

I may buy this again if I can afford it but it really is horrendously expensive. I usually like to put a mask on quite thick, but I spread this one out as thinly as I think I can get away with to make it last! It does tell you to apply thinly in any event.
It's in a chunky glass jar and you get quite a bit for your money. On balance I think I prefer a jar to a tube because it's easier to see how much you've got left, although I'm hoping it doesn't mean it will dry out quickly. No sign of that so far and I've had it a couplf of months. I have been using it once a week.
As to the effects of the mask itself it's really rather good, although not a miracle (which I had hoped for!) It helps unclog the pores and does get rid of those little dry bits initially - which it claims it is intended for. But they seem to return within a few days however.
On first application the skin glows a bit but I haven't had any irritation. Some clay masks can be a bit harsh on the skin but this one is very mild.