Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 11/21/2014 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

- dislike the packaging
- expensive
-dries out my face
- makes me breakout (maybe that's the point, to get the toxins out or something?) but then later my skin isn't any better

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this directly from a clinic with the intent of shaming the gunk out of the enlarged pores around my nose. Either this has been reformulated recently, or the Canadian version of this product with the exact same name has been anointed with completely unnecessary extracts of Lavender, Rosemary, Citrus, Geranium and other known skin irritants. Don't know what the repercussions of using such ingredients in a rinse-off product like this are, and won't bother finding out with my already sun-reactive skin. I wish there was a way for customers to check for formulary variations, but Skinceuticals doesn't even bother providing the ingredient list on their website. At least they make a great sunscreen. At least I got this at 70% off!

These are the ingredients as listed on my package: Water, Kaolin, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Orange Fruit Water, Lemon Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract.

on 7/3/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very good clay mask wihich is not overly drying but - way, way, way overpriced as all SkinCeuticals products are. For that reason I will not re-purchase.

Among the thousands of clay masks, this is an exceptionally good one. For people like me with weird skin, this is a godsend.

My skin has almost all of the skin issues you can have: rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, congested skin, blackheads, sebacous filaments, pigmentation, melasma and dehydration. Basically, it is hyper-sensitive combination skin with a drier t-zone. I break out mostly on my chin area due to hormones and the break outs leave dark marks on my skin.

I struggle to find products that work for my sensitive skin and donīt trigger my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Itīs especially frustrating as I have congested skin with lots of subcutaneous clogs on my chin and they usually recommend BHA and AHA for this. My skin refused this ingredients and the only thing I could do was getting regular facials. But even with the facials, my skin would clog like crazy.

Enter this mask. It has AHA in it, so I thought, this would not work for my skin and rather make my skin burn or get irritated. And Iīm usually not a fan of clay masks as they tend to dry out my already dehydrated skin and leave my skin dehydrated and dry as a desert.

I got samples to try this maks out and I was amazed. This mask makes my skin so smooth and glowy while reducing the clogs significantly. My esthetician used this generously on my skin as I gave her permission to use this after the extractions (yes, she needs permission as my skin is that sensitive).

And what can I say? My skin glowed and really drank up the Hydrating B5 Serum that she used afterwards. That is one effect I really like: This mask makes the skin ready for the hydrating and nourishing skincare you use afterwards. My skin really soaked up the serum and was plump and smooth afterwards. No mask ever delivered this results.

At home, I use this as a mask either all over my face or just on my t-zone, depending on the state of my skin. I also use this on spots as a spot treatment. I make sure to always use a serum from Skinceuticals after this, mostly the Hydrating B5 or the Phyto Corrective Gel. This combo makes my skin look fresh, polished and plump.

I wonīt lie to you and say that this solved every skin issue I have. I still break out on my chin and have pigmentation from my break outs. But this mask calms the break outs, helps with my congestion and reduces the pigmentation after break outs. It makes my skin smooth and more receptible for the serums I use.

Be sure to use sunscreen every day when you use this on a regular base as the AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. I use at least SPF 30 every day.

Skinceuticals isnīt the cheapest brand when it comes to skincare. I bought this online on offer for 41 EUR/55 USD, but the normal price is 60 EUR/81 USD here in Europe. But it lasts a long time and it really delivers good results. For me, this is totally worth the money and with my skin issues I have to invest in good quality skincare products. For people with totally unproblematic nice healthy skin, this might not be wirth the money.

Iīve decided to throw away the cheap products to concentrate on using a few effective, maybe expensive products, instead of using many products, which eventually irritate my skin.

Iīd clearly recommend this mask for people who have sensitive, dry or ageing skin with break outs or clogs.

I bought this as I couldn't buy the clarifying face mask from Proativ (as I live in Ireland). Sadly, it didn't live up to the hype for me. Just no major benefit. I hear Glam Glow mask is supposed to be good, so am saving my pennies for this.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I really like this mask and like how it leaves my skin tight and fresh. I usually use about once a week to deep treat my face and help with my adult acne

on 6/10/2012 8:11:00 AM

Despite the price tag, and it is only a basic clay mask based on kaolin I would highly recommend this product. It really purifies, does not leave the skin feeling tight. It really makes the skin glow which is attributed to the hydroxy acid ingredients. Even though it contains parabens I would still buy it. Prior to this product, I was using Omorovicza mask which lately was not delivering any results. My only complaint is that this product is manufactured in a jar. Also, Skinceuticals does not provide a spatula with the product.

on 6/7/2012 2:46:00 PM

totally worth it, it was my first time using this product and i do not regret anything it makes my face feel fresh, clean, and younger!
i checked out some websites that carried this and noticed it was a bit pricey but i found one website which was price reasonable at SkincareMarket.net

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

on 2/26/2011 1:29:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mask. It is the first mask that I have used and seen a real difference with. My skin feels great and my pores look better than ever. You only need a tiny amount so the jar will last for a long time.

I have been using it for about six months now. If something changes, I will post an update.