Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by age: 44-55
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.6

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

on 7/3/2014 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A very good clay mask wihich is not overly drying but - way, way, way overpriced as all SkinCeuticals products are. For that reason I will not re-purchase.

on 11/15/2008 1:16:00 PM

I may buy this again if I can afford it but it really is horrendously expensive. I usually like to put a mask on quite thick, but I spread this one out as thinly as I think I can get away with to make it last! It does tell you to apply thinly in any event.
It's in a chunky glass jar and you get quite a bit for your money. On balance I think I prefer a jar to a tube because it's easier to see how much you've got left, although I'm hoping it doesn't mean it will dry out quickly. No sign of that so far and I've had it a couplf of months. I have been using it once a week.
As to the effects of the mask itself it's really rather good, although not a miracle (which I had hoped for!) It helps unclog the pores and does get rid of those little dry bits initially - which it claims it is intended for. But they seem to return within a few days however.
On first application the skin glows a bit but I haven't had any irritation. Some clay masks can be a bit harsh on the skin but this one is very mild.

on 2/6/2008 2:42:00 PM

I was given some samples of this mask by the Medispa I go to, and I finally had to purchase my own jar. My skin feels so great after using this, and it is a great overnight blemish healer/shrinker. I was given a suggestion for when the skin is really dull, to apply, then get in the shower and cleanse with the Simply Clean and Clarisonic to remove the mask. Great results, like a minispa in the shower.

on 11/29/2005 12:17:00 AM

More than just a clay mask...WOW! This is a glycolic exfoliating mask at the same time. Usually with clay...you know, it's just a pore cleanser...but with this product, you kill two birds with one stone. I hardly ever do physical exfoliation any more(except with my dear Liz Earle muslin cloths)...I rely on enzymes and AHAs. Here's an easy way to AHA while claying. It's nice to be able to do one treatment and get two results. Oh...the glycolic does sting a bit when I use this(and my skin is pretty tough), and likewise a bit red when I wash this off. Could be I've been overtreating my skin lately, but it's worth mentioning.

I thought this mask worked really well for my combination skin. The mask doesn't dry hard on your face like some masks you have to peel off. Good to use weekly to get rid of the build up of exfoliated skin. I've used it weekly for a couple of years.