SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by age: 36-43
SkinCeuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.1

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Among the thousands of clay masks, this is an exceptionally good one. For people like me with weird skin, this is a godsend.

My skin has almost all of the skin issues you can have: rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, congested skin, blackheads, sebacous filaments, pigmentation, melasma and dehydration. Basically, it is hyper-sensitive combination skin with a drier t-zone. I break out mostly on my chin area due to hormones and the break outs leave dark marks on my skin.

I struggle to find products that work for my sensitive skin and donīt trigger my rosacea and seborrheic dermatitis.

Itīs especially frustrating as I have congested skin with lots of subcutaneous clogs on my chin and they usually recommend BHA and AHA for this. My skin refused this ingredients and the only thing I could do was getting regular facials. But even with the facials, my skin would clog like crazy.

Enter this mask. It has AHA in it, so I thought, this would not work for my skin and rather make my skin burn or get irritated. And Iīm usually not a fan of clay masks as they tend to dry out my already dehydrated skin and leave my skin dehydrated and dry as a desert.

I got samples to try this maks out and I was amazed. This mask makes my skin so smooth and glowy while reducing the clogs significantly. My esthetician used this generously on my skin as I gave her permission to use this after the extractions (yes, she needs permission as my skin is that sensitive).

And what can I say? My skin glowed and really drank up the Hydrating B5 Serum that she used afterwards. That is one effect I really like: This mask makes the skin ready for the hydrating and nourishing skincare you use afterwards. My skin really soaked up the serum and was plump and smooth afterwards. No mask ever delivered this results.

At home, I use this as a mask either all over my face or just on my t-zone, depending on the state of my skin. I also use this on spots as a spot treatment. I make sure to always use a serum from Skinceuticals after this, mostly the Hydrating B5 or the Phyto Corrective Gel. This combo makes my skin look fresh, polished and plump.

I wonīt lie to you and say that this solved every skin issue I have. I still break out on my chin and have pigmentation from my break outs. But this mask calms the break outs, helps with my congestion and reduces the pigmentation after break outs. It makes my skin smooth and more receptible for the serums I use.

Be sure to use sunscreen every day when you use this on a regular base as the AHA can make your skin more sensitive to sun exposure. I use at least SPF 30 every day.

Skinceuticals isnīt the cheapest brand when it comes to skincare. I bought this online on offer for 41 EUR/55 USD, but the normal price is 60 EUR/81 USD here in Europe. But it lasts a long time and it really delivers good results. For me, this is totally worth the money and with my skin issues I have to invest in good quality skincare products. For people with totally unproblematic nice healthy skin, this might not be wirth the money.

Iīve decided to throw away the cheap products to concentrate on using a few effective, maybe expensive products, instead of using many products, which eventually irritate my skin.

Iīd clearly recommend this mask for people who have sensitive, dry or ageing skin with break outs or clogs.

on 5/16/2014 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

An excellent mask by Skinceuticals aimed not only at congested skin but for more general detox and refining facials. At the start I wasn't sure it was going to be right as I have normal dryish skin but now, after six months of use, I can't live without. It's a weekly treat, I like to have a pampering Sunday , do my hair, my nails and a relaxing facial. On Monday I can always see outstanding results. The skin is definitely more plumped and compact, bright and even. I really like the feeling of what I see I the mirror and the make up glides on and looks flawless. I always make a point of using it before a date or important event. Expensive but I'm happy to pay when I can see the results.

on 6/25/2013 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally clay masks do over-dry normal to dry skins, but this does not. They also tend to be bad for sensitive ones, but this does not. Highly recommended for aging, sensitive skins which need to be clarified.

I love this mask! I went in for a facial at the dermatologists and the aesthetician used this on me and I simply had to purchase it. It's a bit pricey, but better than going in for facials on a regular basis!

I apply this after a shower, so my pores are steamed and my skin is moist. It does tingle a bit when first applied, which I like--I feel like it's doing something. It doesn't dry and crack like other clay masks, which are too drying for my skin. And it cleans my pores like nobody's business. I can actually see stuff sticking up out of the pores around my nose right after using this, and I've started scraping my nose with the Tweezerman blackhead/blemish extractor following this mask for maximum benefit.

I've been using this a couple times a week for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it. I had been hoping to try this to spot-treat pimples as others have mentioned, but my skin has been spot free since using it, so I guess I won't complain about that!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

First, I have to say that I'm a big fan of Skinceuticals' Vit C products. They are superb. This, however, is not. I did not see any great results after using consistenly, I got bad stinging during and after use, and I did get some minor breakouts. I can't recommend this as a result.

I like this mask - it seems to really do a good job on my skin. But in the end, it is just a clay mask, without any particularly special ingredients, so I think you could get something similar for way less.

on 3/26/2008 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This gives you an instant facial. Oh my God, I just cannot believe a mask can do all of these things: reduces oils, shrinks pores, rejuvenates, brightens. I use this now every night, and some morning, if I need to pep myself up. Just an amazing product.

This is an awsome product. Use it once or twice a week to have clean, exfoliated skin. The ingredients include some AHA's which for some may cause some stinging. However I like that because when I can feel something happening I should see results. If I have a pimple show up on my face I put a dab of the mask on it and leave it on while I sleep, by morning 60% of my pimples are gone. Some take a few nights to get rid of. this is how I keep from having acne. :)

on 9/27/2006 10:01:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

A very nice clarifying mask that contains 5% AHA and bentonite clay. I use a BHA treatment first ( Neotrogena's salicylic acne peel) and then apply a thin layer of this. Comes in a heavy frosted glass container. I purchased this as part of a 4 piece acne kit. Contains parabens. Update: This does not work any better than Queen Helene, DDF, Desert Essence, Avon, Clinique Emergency or Aubrey Clay masks I have used. If you have really oily skin try Glytone Sulfur Clay mask.

on 8/10/2006 8:56:00 PM

This is my HG mask. I have not had luck with other Skinceutical products (have had major acne breakouts), but this product is perfect. It clears my pores and leaves my skin smooth.