Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

Filtered by age: 25-29
Skinceuticals SkinCeuticals - Clarifying Clay Mask

4.1

Water, kaolin, aloe barbadensis gel, bentonite, glycerin, titanium dioxide, mixed fruit extract, chamomile extract, comfrey extract, cetearyl alcohol/ceteareth-20, caprylic/capric triglycerides, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, imidazolidinyl urea 5/27/09

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this directly from a clinic with the intent of shaming the gunk out of the enlarged pores around my nose. Either this has been reformulated recently, or the Canadian version of this product with the exact same name has been anointed with completely unnecessary extracts of Lavender, Rosemary, Citrus, Geranium and other known skin irritants. Don't know what the repercussions of using such ingredients in a rinse-off product like this are, and won't bother finding out with my already sun-reactive skin. I wish there was a way for customers to check for formulary variations, but Skinceuticals doesn't even bother providing the ingredient list on their website. At least they make a great sunscreen. At least I got this at 70% off!

These are the ingredients as listed on my package: Water, Kaolin, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Bentonite, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Titanium Dioxide, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Dimethicone, Lithium Magnesium Sodium Silicate, Phenoxyethanol, Ceteareth-20, Vaccinium Myrtillus Fruit Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil/Sunflower Seed Oil, Saccharum Officinarum Extract/Sugar Cane Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Orange Fruit Water, Lemon Fruit Extract, Sugar Maple Extract, Matricaria Flower Extract, Rosemary Leaf Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Lavandula Hybrida Oil, Cucumber Fruit Extract, Turmeric Root Extract, Sclareolide, Rose Flower Oil, Jasmine Extract.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

You don't necessarily need oily skin to benefit from this exfoliating clay mask, you don't even need to be acne prone. However, if you do experience oily/combo skin issues, you too are only a few minutes away from having more balanced, even, smooth, glowing skin!

If oiliness isn't such a problem for you, massage onto face and neck in the shower to keep warm and moist as you are busy cleaning your hair and body... let the clay gently buff away dirt and dead skin, and light chemical exfoliators brighten and deep cleanse while you do.

For those of you who are oily, use as an exfoliator and deep cleanser in the shower as I suggested above, with the added benefit of softening pore cogestion, but another way to use it is by letting it dry on the skin, reducing excess oil and impurities from the upper layers. This will help to refine pores.

If you know how to correctly, this is the perfect time to extract any blackheads you can get, but hurry and always be gentle. Follow with an antibacterial solution if you've extracted anything.

Follow immediately with your favorite moisturizer. If you're oily, that still means you, though you'd have to choose something hydrating and not oily.

This is a great clay mask that has a lot of power without being too much for even sensitive skin.

on 9/24/2009 1:03:00 PM

I am a big fan of SkinCeuticals...use an extensive range of their serums and find them fabulous.

I have also bought this product after recommendation by the sales. I have not found this product to be any different to other clay masks on the market, and does not have any special after effects differ to clay masks like the proactive one etc.

I think compared to the other skinc range it is not expensive, but compared to other clay masks on the market that u can purchase for a lot cheaper i would therefore not opt to re purchase. i would rather save this money and gain some real skin smoothing results from aha/retin A products....as i found this product only absorbs oil and does what usual clay masks do....so not worth the budget blow, rather opt for a cheaper clay mask and then invest this kinda money on serums and other lotions that have skin enhancing benefits.

Clay masks are necessary and good part of skin regime, but i would skim on this and buy a cheaper clay mak substitute, and invest the money into fraxel , serums,,,,AHA lotions.

on 9/5/2009 4:31:00 PM

I have combination skin and I am usually susceptible to cyst-like blemishes and whiteheads.

Am using this mask to clarify my skin to prevent blemishes and it's been working great! My skin feels clear after every application, although it doesn't target whiteheads in my case.

The formula is effective but doesn't feel overly strong for a clarifying product. That being said, I do experience tightening of the skin in the cheek region on initial application. And this usually last for about 30 seconds. However, it doesn't result in dryness in my skin (Ie. no flaking or dry patches).

Love this mask! I'm going on my second jar now. The downside to the product is the price like everyone else highlighted. It's about 40 pounds per jar in the UK and it lasts for about 6 months on a weekly application. I usually apply a thin layer of product and it still works really well.

I used to use Origins out of trouble mask, which is half the price but the results are less consistent as compared to Skinceuticals.

Highly recommended!

on 2/20/2008 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is truly what a clarifying mud mask should be. It is medicated, but while it treats breakouts and impurities, it nourishes, tightens gently, and sucks out excess oil, all without leaving you dry, irritated, or parched. In fact, you feel refreshed and nourished and super clean. I have used this on problem-skin days and also when I just needed a pick me up. It truly is a multi-tasker and never fails to do the job.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

So far, I really like this mask. I like that it isn't over-drying and has ingredients proven to work on the skin from within. My skin looks glowy and soft when I wash it off, and the best part is, it looks even better the next morning. It's expensive, but I get it on eBay for less. I think I like it better than the Indian Healing Clay which I think is too drying in the end.

This is the best mask I've tried and will last a long time for the price. Did not irritate my skin a bit, and left it so soft and clear. I use this as a spot treatment too sometimes and blemishes clear up very quickly. The mask is a light green color and you just need a little bit to cover face as it spreads quite easily. It does not completely harden and is quite easy to wash off. I use this once to twice a week in conjunction with pyto corrective gel, retinol, and renew overnight oily. Nothing has changed my skin as much as this line!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this mask! Clay and AHA's mixed in together.....great stuff!