Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

Clinique Super City Block SPF 25

3.6

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 7.30%, zinc oxide 6.90% INGREDIENTS: water, trioctyldodecyl citrate, butylene glycol, cyclopentasiloxane, dimethicone, c12-15 alkyl benzoate, steareth-2, aluminum stearate, silica, lecithin, gentiana lutea (gentian) root extract, rosmarinus officinalis (rose-mary) leaf extract, hordeum vulgare (barley) root extract, betu-la alba (birch) bark extract, cucumis sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, laminaria saccharina extrac, saccharomyces lysate extract, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seedcake, sodium hyaluronate, sorbitan tristearate, linoleic acid, polyquaternium-51, caprylyl methicone, sorbitol, sodium rna, phospholipids, peg-40 stearate, magnesium aluminum silicate, caprylyl glycol, tocopheryl acetate, phytantriol, stearic acid, hydrogenated lecithin, cellulose, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, stearyl dimethicone, ascorbyl tocopheryl maleate, nordihydroguaiaretic acid, linolenic acid, pantethine, bisabolol, hydroxyethyl urea, ceteth-2, peg/ppg-18/8 dimethicone, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, steareth-20, isopropyl titanium triisostearate, propylene glycol dicaprate, sodium stearate, nylon-12, citric acid, nylon-6, hexylene glycol, xanthan gum, disodium edta, bht, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide (ci 77891), iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

First let me start by saying that I HATE wearing sunscreen. I spend so much ridiculous money on my skin care routine, and my face, yet for years, wouldn't use sunscreen because it always made me break out. Finally, an option that protects and doesn't make me break out. I love this stuff! I only give the packaging a 3 out of 5 because sometimes I have to cut the tube and notice there is stuff a decent amount of product left in it.

on 9/29/2016 1:43:00 AM

I started using this a few years ago after I read fabulous reviews on another website. (not sure if I am allowed to name it).

This is my go-to sunscreen. I wear it every single day. The coverage is good enough that I can just use that and put some concealer under my eyes if I don't feel like wearing foundation.

It is expensive though - $36 in Australia. I've been looking around for another tinted moisturiser that has a good sunscreen that is a bit cheaper, but I'm yet to find one. We don't have a great range in Australia.

on 9/25/2016 6:49:00 AM

With my very pale, very sensitite, rosacea-prone skin I'm always looking out for good sunscreens that don't irritate, but still give good protection. I'm fed up with the white cast that so many leave, even though they say they don't!

This product had some very good reviews so I decided to try it out. It went on easily and blended very nicely, and I liked the effect of the slight tint on my skin. In fact, apart from the red patches I get on my cheeks and nose, I could use this as a foundation. I thought this was great! All I needed to add was a bit of concealer on those red bits, and then I wouldn't need any other foundation at all.

Unfortunately, after an hour or so my skin began to tingle. This, for me, is always a sign that my rosacea is being aggravated. I tried to convince myself I was imagining it, because I liked the look of it so much! But it didn't go away.

The tingling became a stinging, and after another hour I had to take off all the product, which is a real hassle to do in the morning when I'm otherwise finished and ready to go. And when I took it off, the stinging stopped. So I know it was this product which had caused it.

It's a great pity. I think if your skin is not too sensitive and you are on the pale side, this is a very good daily product to use when the sun is not too strong - for us in England, that is the period from September through to April, when you don't really need a higher spf. But for those of us with very, very sensitive skin and rosacea, it doesn't fit our needs.

Pros:
- Has a relatively high spf
-Can function as a primer
-Acts as another light layer of foundation to hide blemishes
-Uses natural sunscreen ingredients
-No alcohol
-Good looking packaging

Cons:
-Had to change my whole skin regime based on this product (just so I could wear this again!) as this made me look tired, dull skin and patchy after a few hours.
-It's tinted and the colour results in me looking far too pale.
-Greasy looking and feeling, when wearing on top of moisturiser but if not, then it:
-Clings to dry patches and shows up more obvious if wearing this on its own.
-Expensive at £18

I've essentially been using this before my BB cushion as a primer but I am put off by using any greasy feeling products atm. So not very often, do I find myself reaching out for this product. It is also too shiny and greasy looking to be wearing on its own. There are far more better spf primers or tinted spf moisturisers out there if that's what you are after.

I purchased this because I kinda like how it is not trying to sell itself as a tinted moisturiser and I liked the idea of something simple to subtlety even out my skin tone (to subconsciously think I'm not wearing make-up. Daft I know!)

on 2/9/2016 1:26:00 PM

DO NOT come even close to this if youre breakout prone!
This caused MAJOR painful under the skin pimples!
Its light with a watery gel texture with a shiny finish...It offers sheer tho beautiful coverage that is just enough for skin that has little pigmentation.
Now I am breakout prone and this thing gave me at least 3 major pimples,the painful kind,every time I applied it and yes Im a hundred percent sure that it was this product :/

on 1/29/2016 4:40:00 PM

I'm a sunblock addict, who lives in sunny southern california always looking for the most coverage, with the least gunky, white film on my skin.

On my 3rd tube because this is not greasy and gives my skin a slight glow, suitable for using under foundation or on its own. If I want to be sure I have plenty of sun protection I even put this on under a tinted BB cream and it looks great.

It is the one product that lasts many hours whether I'm at the beach or walking in the city. I don't see any tan on my face or neck when I use this....which I my goal. I haven't tried the tinted version, since I'm so pleased with this version.

When I can't squeeze anything else out of the tube, I cut it open and there is still at least another weeks worth of cream, so I scrap it all into a small jar and go buy the next tube.

on 12/7/2014 7:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have oily skin and rosacea. It's been a nightmare to find the right sunscreen (and the right foundation). I want something that doesn't irritate me as I'm very sensitive and doesn't make my skin look more greasy. So far for winter time I'm liking this. It has a hint of color that doesn't really show on my NC20 skin. I doesn't break me out, it feels light and slightly moisturizing.
Update: I've stopped using this product because I prefer Paula's Choice Resist moisturizers for oily skin with SPF 30 and SPF 50, I find those are more lightweight and even more moisturizing, because even with an oily-combination skin some parts of my skin need the moisturizer.

on 11/25/2014 2:42:00 AM

Was given as a present.

I have combination skin, the usual T zone, then cheeks, eyes are dull, dewy, lifeless ha, I also have very sensitive skin & eyes.

This can be used as a tinted foundation as it has a colour to it. Its a smooth texture, claims it's not greasy and a little goes a long way.

I have combination skin and sensitive skin & eyes. This product irritates my eyes even though I do not put it under my eye. My eyes run, go puffy and blotchy and eventually I get that awful red eye liner look. Also I am not sure if it blocks pores or not but after a while I break out in tiny spots which itch. My skin also looks shiny after a few hours and makes my foundation look awful then, even on my cheeks which are dewy, dull and not oily I get the odd spot there, which I never normally do. This product isn't for me at all. I need more of a matt sunscreen so will keep searching for it.

The positive side, my foundation went on so smoothly on top of this, it just glided on. So for others you would find this a positive. Just a shame my skin had a reaction.

on 11/7/2014 11:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

My most worn, most needed, most functional product. Love this...everything from the yellow-toned tint to the soft, powder finish. It's perfect.

on 11/3/2014 3:36:00 AM

Bought the US version. The coverage is great, but I'm into BB creams lately so this sunscreen seems can't beat BB and CC creams streams lately.